+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Exactly!!! You've got to have a certain amount of ego to decide that this is your direction in life anyway!! Not that there's anything wrong with that...if you're good, you're good. I just think that people should be wary of giving him a free pass because of what he's done, and what a "nice guy' they seem to think he is!

Time will tell!
    I don't think the egos drive the profession, I think the profession drives the ego. That said, I think he has been shown to be a very effective leader -- he is leading the tribe and it shows. He isn't getting a free pass, he has earned the respect of the people that are in his tribe and they have chosen to follow the examples he has set forth. No one was 'assigned' to him like sailors who would be compelled to obney his commands. These tribemates have all chosen by their own free will to follow his direction. That only means that he is 'leading', not coasting.

*agreed* I personally think Terry is a decent guy playing a decent game. He has yet to really ruffle any feathers. They follow him my choice...
    Never underestimate the power of a Ticked off Female...~~Jelani

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Or by naivete...
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That too..lol
    Never underestimate the power of a Ticked off Female...~~Jelani

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    NOt sure how much choice the women had... they just didn't want to ruffle feathers.
    I've seen people mention him for final 3 elsewhere, but I'm guessing that the other, currently larger, tribe, will target him for eviction ASAP, so unless the idol plus immunity wins keep him safe he'll be a goner. The only other "older" man left that he could lure into his alliance is Bruce (since Shane opted out of the older category), and Bruce was the "last kid chosen" after the reshuffle--doubt he feels all that loyal to Terry. Of course, Bruce may be desperate. Certainly Terry will never think to try to team up with someone like Cirie, judging by past behavior, and I'm not sure why Sally should feel any loyalty to Terry after the way she's been treated. So that will leave Terry, his 2 current minions, maybe Bruce...his only hope is Aras is sick of Shane and wants to jump ship, or that Shane also does--although having Shane in his nice compatible alliance would be a tough task for Terry.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I think a Terry/Bruce thing is very possible. They were both on the old guys tribe to start. There didn't seem to be any friction (that we saw), it was just twist of the game they got seperated. I also think Terry would show Bruce the respect that Aras, Shane and the rest have not. It's not Terry's fault Bruce was picked last. In the school yard pick 'em, it was only a woman that could pick a man. As much as I like Bruce, he seems to be a bit out of touch about what's going on in casaya and what action to do that's in his own best interest. Though they have not shown much of what he thinks these last few episodes, we can only guess

Wasn't it Cerie that was cheering on Terry in the first episode during the skull thing? Not sure if Terry will gravitate towards her but I wouldn't be surprised if she seeked him out and joined forces. They are 2 of only a few that are normal out there.

I'm curious how it will turn out, but to be honest I'm not caring all that much like I have during the other seasons. This season is really lacking pizazz for me.

Like prhoshay, something rubs me the wrong way about Terry.

I guess he seems like a good guy and all, but I just can't bring myself to appreciate him.

Perhaps it's the whole "on an island for 24 days and still keep shirt tucked in" thing. Or the women-don't-count-in-my-alliance thing at La Mina. Or the "too proud to throw this immunity challenge and save my teammates knowing I have the immunity idol" at the first challenge after the merge. Or the ridiculous "I can guarantee you ten more days if you side with me" offer made to people who are in a final-four position.

It looks like he might try to bait the ex-Casayas into voting for him next episode knowing he's immune, ala Colby in Australia. But the Casayas TOTALLY know he has the idol. They're more worried about him giving it to someone else.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fogey
    I say it's time to really shake things up. If it comes down to he and Sally again in the immunity challenge I say he throws it. Then the other group will be fighting with each other over what the voting strategy should be at TC. Terry and Sally could then decide which person is voted off by who comes in second in the voting.

I have been very impressed by the way tery has played the game. A lot of people have complained about his "all-men" complex, but that IS smart game-play. When you have yet to merge, you keep your strongest players. You don't keep weaker players that cannot help you win the challenges.

Since the merge, TERRY did everything he could think of to sway people over to the La Mina side while his teammates sat back and waited. I think he has played this game from day one and has played it well. I really hope he can make it to the Final 2, even if he doesn't win (although I wish he would) I would get so much pleasure out of watching the 6 Casayas turn on each other and allow Terry to relax as he wins challenge after challenge. Go Terry!

Snoozin' on the beach
    I don't know why people think it's "Terry's" boys club. There were 3 other men in that alliance. Terry didn't let the women in? Wrong. Terry, Dan, Nick and Austin didn't let the women in. Not once did any of those 4 guys consider keeping a women over one of the men in their alliance. The editors would have us believe that Nick and Austin were considering switching to Sally and Misty but we know otherwise from interviews. RM and Sally were always the 5th in the alliance, easily expendable if they merged with 4. They all admited Sally was gone had she not been exiled.

Why is Terry taking the heat for it when all 4 men did the same thing?

+ Reply to Thread