+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

Snoozin' on the beach
    Besides the web promo spoilers from the network during Gaut. I didn't know anything, and was so ticked when they leaked the Immunity necklace winner twice! I was rooting for Danni and alot of those end game episodes were "on the edge of my seat" for me. That's something there is so little of now on this show it seems. I see what your saying though about being prepared for a favorite to go. I'm not fanatic about not knowing a spoiler but I don't seek them out. I really liked not knowing when Judd was going, it made his boot that much more enjoyable

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    Do you follow the spoilers from the start? I don't mind a spoiler now and again but I don't want to know alot of what's coming. It's tempting but would ruin the anticipation for me. Of course CBS is helping us out by showing Immunity winners here and there in promos
    I am with you. Every time I see one by mistake, I find it devastating. I always have to remind myself to be so much more careful with the spoiler tags.

FORT Newbie
    I think the last immunity challenge was rigged for Danielle to win.

Unlike other last immunity challenges on earlier Survivor shows in which physical endurance and mental fortitude was the key to winning, this one was balance on a small surface floating on water.

It was obvious from the get-go that the lightest person had the advantage. Look at how deep their floats were in the water when they stood on them. The only surprise was that Arias, apparently the heaviest, balanced longer than Terry. Why Terry could not stand on the third float is the real puzzler? My guess is that with age, one slowly loses the sense of equilibrium which might be attributed to deterioration of the middle ear or the development of muscle tremors.

Apology in advance if this thought has already been expressed.

FORT Fogey
    Terry will be forgettable to me. Aras I'll remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Skycloud View Post

Unlike other last immunity challenges on earlier Survivor shows in which physical endurance and mental fortitude was the key to winning, this one was balance on a small surface floating on water.

It was obvious from the get-go that the lightest person had the advantage. Look at how deep their floats were in the water when they stood on them. The only surprise was that Arias, apparently the heaviest, balanced longer than Terry. Why Terry could not stand on the third float is the real puzzler? My guess is that with age, one slowly loses the sense of equilibrium which might be attributed to deterioration of the middle ear or the development of muscle tremors.

The challenge producer has not idea who will be in the fina IC so I doubt that this was rigged. Also all challenges are tested out by the crew to see if it is feasible and that they work probably.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    Besides the web promo spoilers from the network during Gaut. I didn't know anything, and was so ticked when they leaked the Immunity necklace winner twice! I was rooting for Danni and alot of those end game episodes were "on the edge of my seat" for me. That's something there is so little of now on this show it seems. I see what your saying though about being prepared for a favorite to go. I'm not fanatic about not knowing a spoiler but I don't seek them out. I really liked not knowing when Judd was going, it made his boot that much more enjoyable
    Well, even though I read spoilers I still get the anxiety and edge of my seat type feeling despite the fact that I know who wins the challenge and who's going home (I really get into a panic when the spoiler is proven wrong). I told myself that I should avoid all cast spoilers this season because that's what gave me such a bad feeling about this season. I knew from the start Danielle, Aras, Terry and Cirie made the final 4. It boggled my mind at first how Cirie made it that far at first, and it was depressing to see that Courtney and Shane went far in the game, and that Misty was a pre-jury boot.

But even though I say I'm going to go spoiler free that next season I can't resist

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Why watch the show when you already know what's going to happen? You could be doing more productive things!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why watch the show when you already know what's going to happen? You could be doing more productive things!
    Reality TV is productive for me Besides, I have to watch to see if the spoilers are right. Though this is the first season where I didn't do as much watching as I did just barely listening. And it had nothing to do with knowing the outcome ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skycloud View Post

That's the samething I thought when they showed it...
    I know who's going to win this one... JMO
    What doesn't kill you, just screws with your head !!

Evel Doer's club member.

I enjoyed watching Terry. I thought he played the game well. He was the leader of his tribe. He played the early game keeping the best performers on the challenges in the hopes of taking the numbers into the merge. When that didn't happen, he tried everything he could think of the sway Casaya members to his side, at the same time winning every immunity challenge. He didn't lie, while a few of his comments were questionalbe, he did play with integrity. He came into the game determine to play to the best of his ability. I think he was extremely admirable, but that doesn't win this game.

If he had been willing to lie maybe he could have made it to the final two, but I think in the end even though he didn't win the money he's ok with that.

He could only make the final two if he won the final immunity. Danielle and Aras would have both lost to him, because in the end, he gained more "friends" on the jury than either of them.

I enjoyed watching Terry and am sure his family is very proud of the way he handled himself on the show!

Go Terry

+ Reply to Thread