+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Terry: Exile Island

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I'm pulling for Terry all the way. Based on the preview for next week's show *possible spoiler*
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it looks like Cirie will win the fire making contest.
    If that is the case I'm not sure the remaining two will do the right thing. Like colby they may opt for a friendship alliance rather than an alliance that serves their best interest.

If course if Terry wins the next immunity challenge it's all mute. At that point he chooses Aras to go to the F2 with and I think at that point he stands a good chance of winning.
    Last edited by Leo; 05-14-2006 at 02:37 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    I think that Terry had a natural arrogance to him. It has been stated many times that is a "fighter pilot personality" he is showing. But I think he has shown remarkable restraint after having been targeted from day one by the Casaya's. I in no way respect or accept some of the comments he has made, but I can feel for him more than the others because he has had NO ONE to talk to or vent to for the past 5 weeks. He had a five second friendship with Courtney, but that is it. For him to start to lose control of his comments or frustrations I can totally understand. A gang mentality like the one Casaya has is very hard to live with day after day.
    Go Terry!
    This is the way I'm thinking too; at this point I think if Terry can manage to get into the final two, he deserves to win, no question. He has gotten to his current position with absolutely no help from anyone else, and yet he hasn't given up. I hope the jury sees it this way--I think I'd have to vote for him even if I couldn't stand the guy.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I think Terry's biggest mistake is allowing the arrogant and insufferable attitude of the Casaya tribe to get to him. Alone on an island where people are constantly and blatantly shoving it in your face that 'you're not one of us', 'one misstep and you're gone', as they stand around in a circle of solidarity... it's difficult for anyone to resist the urge to throw it back, but he never should have succumbed. Still, I think it will be a 4-3 vote in the end. There are many good arguments for it to go either way in this thread. Only time will tell.
    This is pretty much what my husband has told me. I haven't gotten to see much of the show but he doesn't miss it. He said that Terry had made some bone headed moves but since Terry's in this totally alone, he has cut Terry some slack. He says that this is the first year ever that everyone has been again one person like that.

FORT Regular
    Damn Terry! Damn him to hell! I hope he gets Colby-ed!!!!!

I liked Terry and thought he should have been one of the top two. Can't understand why Dannielle picked Aras because Aras tried to vote her off the night before......Oh Well
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Newbie
    terry and cirie > danielle and aras

sorry folks.

Why didn't Terry use the Immunity Idol?

Can someone tell me why Terry didn't let Danielle or Cirie use the Immunity Idol instead of making it a tie and having them battle it out over fire? I just didn't get that. If he had given it to Danielle and then Danielle had won the next immunity challenge, which she did, she most likely would have taken Terry to the final 2 with her.

I just didn't understand why he didn't use it. Does anyone know?

Leo
    Premium Member
    My guess is Terry just didn't trust Danielle. If she had the idol, she could have double-crossed him by bringing out the idol pre-vote, exposing Terry's vulnerability. (It would have been a highly illogical move, in my opinion, but anything can happen.)

Giving Danielle the idol would have been a risky play, but I can't help but wonder - if Danielle had received the idol from Terry at the final 4 tribal council, would she have taken him to the final two? Food for thought.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm just glad that Danielle remained true to tribal lines! Terry was good about dangling the HII under people's noses, but not giving it to them...and, yes, it may not have been in his best interest. He should have just kept the info about the idol to himself since he had no intention of giving it to anyone.

Terry played this game like he was an island...guess he never heard the song "No Man Is An Island", huh? I think he got treated the way he played the game. It came out the way it should have. He got what he deserved, IMO. EVERYBODY turned their back on him...just as he did them. The very first man he made an alliance with (Dan), he immediately turned his back on him. That's when I knew he was not be trusted as being a man of his word. I just think he could have at least strung Dan along a little longer to give some semblance of keeping his word.

I just really didn't get on the Terry-worship bandwagon at all during this season; Terry, you reap what you sow. Hope he's learned something this season, but I doubt it. I don't hate the guy; I just don't find him to be very ethical...And, Then, To Be Beat By Danielle......PRICELESS!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    My guess is Terry just didn't trust Danielle. If she had the idol, she could have double-crossed him by bringing out the idol pre-vote, exposing Terry's vulnerability. (It would have been a highly illogical move, in my opinion, but anything can happen.)

Giving Danielle the idol would have been a risky play, but I can't help but wonder - if Danielle had received the idol from Terry at the final 4 tribal council, would she have taken him to the final two? Food for thought.
    No, I don't think Danielle would have done anything differently. Danielle was intent on taking to the final 2 the person against whom she thought she had the best chance of winning. She did a terrific job of thinking logically and with gameplay instead of with emotion.

And she did not intentionally stay with tribal lines, prhoshay. She didn't take Aras because he was a Casaya member. She took him despite the fact that he was a Casaya member.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread