+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Shane: Exile Island

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I guess there's somebody for everybody.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    (how many nurses have to look at a penis anyway? That's the doctor's job) and provide medical treatment??

You would be surprised by the number of them we end up seeing. At least working in a hospital that is. Not sure on the percentage of doctor's office nurses that do, but I'm sure they get their share too...

Shane is just plain gross and I am certain like you that it was for the "shock value" and not true concern for the well being of his personals. He acts like a child throwing a tantrum when he doesn't get his way and has too high an opinion of his mental hold on the others. I cracked up when everyone answered Shane to the question of "who misstakenly has the idea they are running the show". Can't wait to see him get voted off.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Ewww...he keeps getting grosser and grosser. I laughed when the others believed he is has the idea mistakenly he is running the game.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911 View Post
    You would be surprised by the number of them we end up seeing. At least working in a hospital that is. Not sure on the percentage of doctor's office nurses that do, but I'm sure they get their share too...
    I don't have one, so that's why I didn't know. But, wow! I had no idea..I really thought that that would be something the doc would have to do. I know I wouldn't want to (or have to) whip my pants down for a nurse to look at my "Midgie" (South Park reference ), doctor only!
    Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911
    Shane is just plain gross and I am certain like you that it was for the "shock value" and not true concern for the well being of his personals. He acts like a child throwing a tantrum when he doesn't get his way and has too high an opinion of his mental hold on the others. I cracked up when everyone answered Shane to the question of "who misstakenly has the idea they are running the show". Can't wait to see him get voted off.
    He IS plain ole gross!!

What really cemented it for me.. was how he basically wasn't that helpful to poor Bruce, who was laying there dying. For his weenie chafing, he was needing all sorts of attention to it, but with Bruce... he would just LOOK at him. No rubbing of his back, no singing ( Courtney-lamo ), no making him a pillow, no nothing.. He just walked around with his bloated, ugly-ass stomach popping out.
    Not that he could do anything, really. But, he could have done something.. I dunno, I just think he's an attention junkie jerk.

I can't WAIT til the tribe speaks!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I was slightly touched when Shane kissed Bruce's forehead right before they loaded Bruce onto the boat. I even backed up the TIVO to make sure I had seen what I thought I saw.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ew. I wasn't...I thought, "Oh, gross! I'd be annoyed having some stinky, naked guy kissing my head". Then again, I simply don't wanna cut Shane any slack, so I'm biased.

Anyway.. I forgot to add.. of course Shane takes the opportunity to say to the camera (as Bruce is being hawled away, near death) something about him being "wet and cold as hell". Even THEN, Shane has to have everyone focus on him. Arghh.
    How about shut off the "woe is me" button for a while buddy...there are others on the island too, ya know.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Come on, Maveno...cut the guy some slack just his once...he was trying to avoid getting diaper rash again! All 3 of those people (Shane, Bruce, and Courtney) probably all smelled like billy goats!

What's with this guy? He's so eager to share his "member" with people (he must be well-endowed, LOL).

And yet despite his craziness, he seems incredibly down-to-earth and has priorities in the right place. If I was him I wouldn't have accepted Cirie's apology or statement that they were still tight. Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words.

After the contestants labeled Shane as the one who thinks he rules the game, and after Cirie betrayed him and then tried to solidify things with him again, THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL for Shane.

It's too bad. I've only seen a few of the episodes but he makes the show enjoyable for me. For some reason I side with him. (Just wish he wasn't so comfortable naked.)

FORT Fogey
    I like Shane too. He is well intended, loves his kid and honest. He told Cirie he was just having an emotional reaction when he flipped at his ropes being cut. I find him a very enjoyable character.

I love his open distaste for Terry and his clear message that they are going to vote him out the first chance they get. Terry gets that but I loved Shane telling him.

The "Writing On the Wall" has been there for Shane since Episode 2. But he's still there... I think he has some of JFP's indestructibility in him.

I always thought Shane was full of it. Turns out, it was Bruce.

+ Reply to Thread