+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dan: Exile Island

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree he looks frail and clumsy. But, sorry, don't get the Powder reference. Is that a character in a movie I missed? It's obviously catching on in other treads so want to understand it! Thanks!
    Yeah..it's about a boy who is albino, everyone called him Powder.

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I am sure Dan's retirement checks are plenty.
    He needs to go.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Yeah..it's about a boy who is albino, everyone called him Powder.

Thanks, Maveno... obviously something I missed... doesn't even ring a bell.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Not sure it was such a good idea for him to tell fighter pilot guy that he was a retired astronaut.

I think he was shocked to see how much power he didn't have when he couldn't deliver for Ruth Marie like he was so sure he could. Time to reevaluate your game strategy, buddy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Dan is a lucky, LUCKY man to have an alliance with Terry from the getgo. He really hasn't done anything on the challenges, and now that I'm thinking about it.. what's he do in camp?

I just don't like Dan (as a Survivor), because..if he didn't make an alliance..he'd be voted off immediately.
    So, IMO..he's skating by with little or no substance at all to the game.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Snoozin' on the beach
    He kind of put himself out on a limb by himself with the whole Ruth Marie thing. Even though I think she would be more loyal than Sally, it shows his alliance--mainly Terry, that he is not able to be flexible gamewise. Of course Terry has the idol now so he can afford to switch things up and remain safe.

RM was in an alliance with Dan, first and foremost. There would have been more loyalty to him than any of the other 3 guys. Her exit puts Dan at risk more than any of the other men. Nick, Sally and Austin can team up to get rid of Dan next and there's nothing Terry can do about it, if he even wants to.

They showed an extra Survivor scene on The Early Show last Friday where Dan was talking about his alliance/promises. He said he had to keep his word to Ruth Marie. That there's more to life than money. That he intends to make some life-long friendships while on Survivor.

All pretty good personality traits, but for the game of Survivor - not so much.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Snoozin' on the beach
    He's right, there's more to life than money-though I personally wouldn't apply that principle if I were to come on this show and jump through all the hoops and hardships. He can make friends outside of this game, so why exactly did he come on Survivor?

FORT Newbie

Throwing in my two cents!

I know Dan and just want to say that he is REALLY smart but he doesn't make you feel dumb at all. I also truly believe that he is in this more for the adventure than for the money. Really nice guy and is playing the game with morals. Probably won't take him to the final two but it is nice to see!

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newsjunkie28 View Post
    I know Dan and just want to say that he is REALLY smart but he doesn't make you feel dumb at all. I also truly believe that he is in this more for the adventure than for the money. Really nice guy and is playing the game with morals. Probably won't take him to the final two but it is nice to see!
    He does seem to be that type. I really like Dan, especially his little grin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast