+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dan: Exile Island

FORT Fogey
    As long as he doesn't get bossy, this guy will go far.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    This guy is way too smart to be on this show.
    My first thought as well.

Eh...

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    This guy is way too smart to be on this show.
    I'm getting a kick out of picturing such a brilliant man eating his Cap'n Crunch in the morning. I hope he does well.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    I hope for his sake he plays down the brainiac aspect and comes down to earth in his approach to the game.
    I agree. I think he's going to try to be a leader, if he doesn't get bossy he should do ok. Not sure how I feel about him yet

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Patriots? :nono He's tossed in the "NOPE" pile.

I really don't see him doing very well with the physical challenges. Also, I can see him easily becoming the overly-skinny, "looking like he's near death," hard to look at Survivor if he lasts for any amount of time.

I can see the others using him as a pawn, to be voted off at a strategic point. Keeping him around for that purpose.
    I agree with the Patriots comment!! He's looking too skinny now...imagine him there after a week...can we say skeletor?

If he's truly smart, he'll have packed on some weight pre-show.

Yikes, he's a year younger than I! I don't think (or is that, hope) I look that old. I KNOW I don't have a flock of crow's feet like that (and no, Botox and I are NOT friends and probably never will be).

He just recently retired from NASA, so I would say that he is in relatively good shape. The astronauts are required to workout a set number of hours per week, to stay conditioned. He has always been very skinny. He is a medical doctor and most of the time pretty quiet. I'm sure he will do well depending on how his team does. Being an astronaut, he is use to teamwork and working with diverse people. I would equate him to Gary from Guatemala. Good luck Dan!

Cool! I'm loving that he was an astronaut! The fact that he's very thin shouldn't mean anything...look at Danni!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey
    he reminds me of a Roger from S2. Remember the farmer who turned out to have a Master's degree? He did a good job hiding how smart he really was.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Maybe Misty and he can bond over electrical engineering.... I also hope he's put on some weight pre-show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast