+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Cirie: Exile Island

I was just impressed that Cirie is thinking subtley enough to understand that a) she isn't going to get to the final vote by winning challenges, and b) that there are too many Awful people who would be dragged to Final Council as a Goat. So, c) she has to remove the Goats.

And then d) To do the subtle balancing of votes, realising that she doesnt actually have to get more than 50% of them, to boot a Goat.

She is a smart, clearheaded woman.

I will be so impressed if she manages to knock off Shane next.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Crossing my fingers for Cirie---her problem is she is TOO well liked..no one will want to go to F2 with her as her well likedness could counter any UTR resentment.
    I thought this last week I saw signs (finally) that she'd lost a significant amount of weight on the island. Made me wonder what weight they used to calculate the weights in the challenge... the original weight or the current one?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Didn't they have everybody get on a scale before calculating the percentages? I seem to remember that.

Yes, she appeared to have lost weight. That was impressive! In America, we like that.

FACT -- Women do not have the upper body strength that men do. The competition seemed unfair to me. That's just the way that human bodies are made. We (women) are made to have the babies, and reserve fat to take care of our functions...men are made to do the work. Do I hate that? YES! What "unfair" competition can the men do that speak to what their design is meant for? I don't think that the upperbody competitions are fair, but they are there, SO.. What can the men do to place them at a disadvantage similar to that which the women have been placed.????

That is basic biology. Study up if you don't believe that. Has Survivor ever taken that into consideration that the competitions are, indeed, even?
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-01-2006 at 04:43 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Very true proshay. While watching, we were talking about that.

Also, it seems that every competition has been physical. I can only remember the Q & A from last week as being the only "thinking" one.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Suddenly this thread is sounding like a discussion of the Biggest Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi View Post
    I was just impressed that Cirie is thinking subtley enough to understand that a) she isn't going to get to the final vote by winning challenges, and b) that there are too many Awful people who would be dragged to Final Council as a Goat. So, c) she has to remove the Goats.

And then d) To do the subtle balancing of votes, realising that she doesnt actually have to get more than 50% of them, to boot a Goat.

She is a smart, clearheaded woman.

I will be so impressed if she manages to knock off Shane next.
    I wondered what she was thinking. Now I know. I am already impressed with the way she pulled that vote together.

Her joy at being able to bait a hook and then really, truly catch a fish was a wonderful interlude for me and a big accomplishment for the one voted least likely to survive on her own.

I can't wait to see her "Shane" strategy this week.

I can't help but love Cirie and root for her. I can't see her winning, but I wouldn't be unhappy if she didn't.

Too often women are carried into the end as pawns. Shane has made reference to carrying her 'fat ass', along with Aras. It's nice to see someone at this stage of the game looking out for their own interests, which is what you have to do. You can't depend on other people to carry you to the end, you have to think for yourself. Cirie has quietly done very well for herself. She's just as invaluable to Aras as she is to him.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Snoozin' on the beach
    How has she been invaluable to him? No one saved him for the Nick, Austin, Sally boot. He didn't get voted out because Terry didn't use the idol, not because anyone was "watching his back". This is only time she has helped him not get voted and it was only because she thought it was in her best interest to get rid of Courntey, someone she saw as a bigger threat to her than Aras. She wasn't actively campaining to keep Aras around, she just wanted Courtney gone and Aras (and Danielle) still being there is a side effect of that.

Once Shane is gone, They don't need her vote anymore. They'll be 2 other people that want Aras around over the each other and he can beat both in F2. It serves him (or anyone) no purpose to keep Cirie around past F4. She's dreaming if she thinks she's getting beyond 4th. She needs them more than anyone needs her and no one will need her once Shane is out of the way, she's too big of a jury threat.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by emjoi View Post
    Suddenly this thread is sounding like a discussion of the Biggest Loser.
    Good one.

The tv guide noted that Cirie looked great at the reunion and she noted that she lost 14 lbs on the island and an addtion 16 when she got home. Now I do think the figures are wrong when you have a heavier person like Cirie you need to lose 20 lbs or so before people notice at the end you could tell Cirie had dropped weight and it was nice to see that she keep it off for the finale but I do question the figures. Anyone else have any facts as far as weight loss for any of the survivors????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread