+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bruce: Exile Island

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    That makes me angry with the Survivor producers. This is an extreme game, given this artificial constant hunger situation they seem to enjoy creating. They should be monitoring everyone's health. There are simple natural remedies they could have provided Bruce long before he reached 12 days of increasing discomfort. This was completely unnecessary.
    That's why they call it survivor. I think any outside help and BAM, out of the game. It is the discomfort that brings about the socio-politic game play. I liked Bruce -- but once you need outside treatment, you are no longer 'surviving'.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    That's why they call it survivor. I think any outside help and BAM, out of the game. It is the discomfort that brings about the socio-politic game play. I liked Bruce -- but once you need outside treatment, you are no longer 'surviving'.
    But it's artificial and arbitrary (i.e. food suddenly appears, fire suddenly appears, women receive tampons, etc).

They can be plenty discomforted just sleeping outside in rainy weather with bugs eating them alive. Sleep deprived and irritable. I see no entertainment value in starving them without providing them with the knowledge the natives would use to avoid medical emergencies like the one Bruce experienced.

I agree that Bruce should have been removed from the game once he left with medical personnel. It just seems arbitrary what's considered "survival" and what isn't.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm sure that this problem was unique unto Bruce, otherwise I think we would have seen this happen before, in all of the years that Survivor has been on. The producers would have taken precautions to avoid life-threatening medical conditions from happening, if at all possible. This could have been a problem that was going to happen for Bruce had he been at home or on the island. I've got my own guesses.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A Nod to the Mods

A great decision to keep Bruce's pic in color with a medic sign (I think) over it. Just the right touch.
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

On TES with Bruce last week, he mentioned something about Cirie and the shoes. When asked if he got the shoes back, he said he recieved them in the mail. On that statement I am assuming he does not go back in the game, I am still out on the jury.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    On TES with Bruce last week, he mentioned something about Cirie and the shoes. When asked if he got the shoes back, he said he recieved them in the mail. On that statement I am assuming he does not go back in the game, I am still out on the jury.

I don't think it shows that, because unless the Survivor has on their person when their torch gets snuffed out, there is a chance that the person will not get it back. I am sure there are rules about what they can and can not take with them. And if they take something they shouldn't have, they don't get to keep it. They don't get to keep their actual buffs. They are auctioned off by CBS. The same with their torches.

I remember Rupert saying that he had got something in the mail, too.I think he had asked for it but was told he'd have to wait and see if they sent it to him. I don't remember what it was exactly. It was quite a while after the Finale, that he got it. If it's not written in the rules, it be just a chance they get it back.
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

You may, very well, be right, but it seems you would be assured of getting back exactly what you took there with you. I could see not getting back anything that you received while you were there. Also seems like the winner would get to keep his torch, at least.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, in Pearl Island, the only thing the went into the game with was the clothes on their back. I am pretty sure Rupert has his skirt. In All Stars, I don't think the Survivors had very much more than the clothes on their back. I am almost certain they didn't get to keep their torches. I will ask, to be certain, and report back.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I know that they have medical help there if something goes wrong. I know that they've put people on IVs when they became too dehydrated, yet those people still remained in the game.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

A lot of dehydration can be quickly reversed with IV fluids, as long as you are able to take in fluids/food by mouth without vomiting. uncontrolled vomiting + diarrhea = very sick person. (let's not forget the tropical, humid weather).

+ Reply to Thread