+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Austin: Exile Island

Austin: Exile Island

From the official site:
    Austin Carty was born and raised in High Point, North Carolina. He studied three years at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, where he played Division One soccer while studying speech communications and public speaking.

Carty is currently an established author (he is signed with a literary agent based in New York City). In 2003, his first novel, Somewhere Beyond Here, was published. His agent is currently shopping his two subsequent novels, Storm of Fireflies and Grays' Sacrifice. He supplements his income with modeling for print and commercial advertising. He has previously worked in retail, as a waiter and as a bartender.

Carty enjoys writing, reading, playing guitar and piano. His favorite sport is soccer. He describes himself as charismatic, humorous and genuine. He believes his athleticism, strength and intelligence will help him become the Sole Survivor. Carty's hero is his grandfather. He says if he can one day secure half of his grandfather's faith and integrity, he'll consider his life a success.

Carty is currently single and residing in High Point, North Carolina. He is very proud of his sister, Elizabeth, who is currently Miss United States Teen. His birth date is April 29, 1981.
    Favourites:
    Colors Blue, Green
    Scents Vanilla, cinnamon
    Flowers No favorite
    Board Games Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Scattegories
    Video Games No favorite
    Sports to Play Soccer, beach volleyball
    Sports Teams Chicago Cubs, Carolina Panthers
    Outdoor Activities Running, going to the beach, hiking in the mountains
    TV Shows Seinfeld, SURVIVOR
    Movies A River Runs Through It, the Shawshank Redemption, Braveheart
    Actors Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman
    Actresses Charlize Theron, Ashley Judd, Kate Bosworth
    Music Country, anything but jazz
    Magazines No favorite
    Books/Authors The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe; C.S. Lewis, Nicholas Evans, Sue Monk Kidd, Nicholas Sparks, Brad Meltzer
    Cereals Cheerios
    Fruits Grapes, pineapple, watermelon
    Snack Foods Barbeque chips, Cheetos, sour cream & onion chips
    Cookies Chocolate chip, Oreo
    Candy Bars Snickers, Milky Way
    Alcoholic Drinks No favorite
    Non-Alcoholic Coke, Gatorade

I don't think too much of him one way or the other, but he looks like a young A Martinez, who played Cruz Castillo on Santa Barbara back in the late 80's-early 90's.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

From Amazon's listing of his book, Somewhere Beyond Here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141...books&v=glance

Book Description
    Meet Gray Taylor. At 32, he's compassionate and sweet, curious and funny, yet extremely depressed and terribly lonely. After tragically losing two family members in a horrific car accident and immediately getting his heart broken by his one true love, Gray finds himself trapped. Through guilt and remorse he stays in his hometown of High Point, North Carolina and transforms into a young boy whose only ability is to depend on the one lady who'll always be there for him: his mother. While Gray feels abandoned by his friends, his fiancee, and mostly God, he knows that his relationship with his mother is as strong as oak. Forgetting his faith, his friends, and his fiancee, Gray lets go of it all to spend time and grieve with his mother. While Gray never assumes the day will come when his mother too will leave him, he is petrified when she develops cancer, slips into a coma, and is on life support. What will Gray do? Who will he trust as he faces the most difficult decision of his life? Through a series of strange coincidences and the making of unlikely new friends, the young man is forced to come to grips with the lessons of love and loss. With and ending that is surely surprising, Somewhere Beyond Here will have you laughing and crying as you eagerly follow Gray through his inspiring tale.

Through guilt and remorse he stays in his hometown of High Point, North Carolina and transforms into a young boy whose only ability is to depend on the one lady who'll always be there for him: his mother.
    Huh? This description really confuses me.

My first impression of Austin is that he's going to be a lot too full of himself. It's going to be interesting to see how he gets along with the other young guys on his tribe.

Well, he lists Nicholas Sparks as one of his favorite authors, and that description of his own book sounds JUST LIKE the drivel that Sparks writes. (obviously I am NOT a Nicholas Sparks fan.)

Stargazer, I agree with the A Martinez comparison.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Liberty is Jerry Falwell's school.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I don't think too much of him one way or the other, but he looks like a young A Martinez, who played Cruz Castillo on Santa Barbara back in the late 80's-early 90's.
    Damn you. Now I have to admit that I watched that soap. He really does. Good call.

He looks overly friendly. Meaning, people may take advantage of him and his kindness.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Liberty is Jerry Falwell's school.
    That implies quite a bit to me.

I'm curious to see whether he establishes a self protective cootie barrier from the gals or goes bananas seeking them out.

He's a cutie.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    I'm curious to see whether he establishes a self protective cootie barrier from the gals or goes bananas seeking them out.

He looks way too much like someone I used to date.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast