+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Austin: Exile Island

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Liberty is Jerry Falwell's school.
    Oy vey...(and no, I'm not Jewish)... well, we can hope it's a good sign that he left after 3 years. Is his book publisher one of the Left Behind Christian book publisher types?
    Didn't understand the blurb... tranforms himself into a young boy part.
    I was thinking he was cute looking (always did think A was cute tho I never saw him on day or night soaps, but when he was briefly on that legal show...the one that Smits was on and "Arnie Becker"). I also see a similarity.
    Wasn't Kel partly some kind of Native American?

Quote Originally Posted by Corine View Post
    He is going to be a very right leaning Christian Conservative. He attended Liberty and favorite author CS Lewis? Even his book's blurb included a mention of the character's faith.
    Now I don't have too much of a problem with that but I can tell right now that he will be hated by a large group on these boards the first time he mentions God. *thinking of Amazing Race*
    I agree with you Corine......think he could be very self righteous and irritating.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

High Point, NC You know he was inspired by Fantasia
    Free yourself Austin
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

I sort of like this kid, I think he can go far. He has a good attitude and good athleticism, so far.

I would say I like him BUT, he's a CUBS fan and that's just inexcusable!!!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    He's not bad so far. I think he'll be the one to fight with the 3 pack a day smoker though.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I watched the tape this evening and I don't even remember seeing this guy on there. I googled and clicked to an excerpt from the book just now, and almost fell off the chair, I couldn't click out fast enough. I was like, "WHAT IS THIS CRAP". But there's a huge, huge part of America that eats stuff like that up.

I think he's ugly from his CBS pic. Not attractive to me AT ALL.

He's kinda cute too, like Aras.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

His photo does not look like he does on TV. He is much much cuter on the show - although small and wiry built, he is agile, strong, and very quick. His athleticism will keep him from getting booted for awhile. Because he is small, he doesn't seem as threatening as some of the other men, but his size is deceiving. He also appears to have a pleasant, amiable personality - at least from what we have seen so far. I like him.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    With all the talk about Terry being the 'leader' of La Mina, I'm going to say that Austin is, in fact, the true leader. Who was the one who began the talk of outing Misty? Austin. Who instigated sending Bruce to Exile Island? Austin. Who saved Sally from the vote and instead had Ruth Marie voted out? Austin.

I think he is playing a really smart game, being a leader through Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo View Post
    With all the talk about Terry being the 'leader' of La Mina, I'm going to say that Austin is, in fact, the true leader. Who was the one who began the talk of outing Misty? Austin. Who instigated sending Bruce to Exile Island? Austin. Who saved Sally from the vote and instead had Ruth Marie voted out? Austin.

I think he is playing a really smart game, being a leader through Terry.
    You are observant, I didn't catch all that. I didn't know Austin was the one who instigated to boot Misty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast