+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Austin: Exile Island

Austin is cute, but I get kind of worried when players describe themselves like this...

"He describes himself as charismatic, humorous and genuine. He believes his athleticism, strength and intelligence will help him become the Sole Survivor."
    Most of the time, these people turn out to be arrogant and egotistical, not at all they way they think they are! Maybe Austin will break this rule. I just hope he's not as sappy as that book excerpt seems to suggest.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Dang it, I love all of the answers to his questionnaire, but nothing good ever comes out of someone who describes himself as charismatic. He's going to be too darned smooth for his own good. He's a Blake redux. *sniff*

Yeah, I get an I'm-all-that vibe from him, too.

He does look like a young A Martinez. He also seems a bit full of himself.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

He looks Native American and, if he is, that may be a first for Survivor. In fact, this group looks to be more diverse that others we have had which I think is terrific. For 24, Austin seems to be more level headed than most young guys at his age - but who knows, he may be an arrogant jerk like "golden boy".

I'm hoping he's not another "golden boy"...it would be nice to have some eye candy around until the jury at least!!

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    He looks Native American and, if he is, that may be a first for Survivor.
    Julie Berry, Jeff Probst's main squeeze, is Native American. Here is a quote from her biography:

A Native American, Berry is from the Maliseet tribe and is a member of the East Carolina Native American Organization.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I don't know how I feel about him, but I can sure tell you how I feel about that book of his. SOMEWHERE BEYONE HERE (horrible title, by the way) sounds like it would make MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE or better yet, THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY read like Tolstoy.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Premium Member
    Sometimes it's hard to tell if all that is a person being full of themselves or just part of the crap he has to make up to sell himself.

He is going to be a very right leaning Christian Conservative. He attended Liberty and favorite author CS Lewis? Even his book's blurb included a mention of the character's faith.
    Now I don't have too much of a problem with that but I can tell right now that he will be hated by a large group on these boards the first time he mentions God. *thinking of Amazing Race*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast