+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Aras : Exile Island

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Richard Hatch had the guts to say it during season 1, at least in his confessionals. You always knew what his motivations were. Too bad he doesn't know enough to pay his taxes. Hope he enjoys jail.
    When I first heard about Richard Hatch being convicted for Tax Fraud the news was indicating that he would have a 13 month sentence. I figured that he would end up with probation. Today on the radio I heard that he got a 4 yr sentence.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have to admit, I was never an Aras fan. For someone that is a yoga instructor, I thought he would be very mellow and relaxed. Instead he was extrememly nasty. He and Shane were mini-bullies around camp esp. to Melinda and Cirie. The whole "feeling ashamed" at the end was just a ruse to get votes. Why do we know this, because he bullied Danielle into the final two. The guy was a jerk with an overinflated opinion of himself. He truly thought that he was the great hope of the Casaya's. He was given way too much credit and respect for his challenge ability. He had no game. Except for hooking up with Ciries who was the real brains of the Casaya group, he didn't make a single strategic move.

One of the most disappointing wins in Survivor history. (If not the most, at least to me!)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    Okay, I'm beginning to think this whole thing with Aras being MacDonald Carey's grandson is bullcrap. Where did this information come from anyway?
    He was on Regis and (whatever that woman's name is) yesterday and the three of them talked about it. He said he was even on the show once, as a small child, as a "sick kid in the hospital".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    He was on Regis and (whatever that woman's name is) yesterday and the three of them talked about it. He said he was even on the show once, as a small child, as a "sick kid in the hospital".

Oh yeah, I remember that sick kid.

I'll agree with anyone who thinks Aras acted like a jerk during this season. But in the end, I can't consider him not worthy of winning.

When I looked at the two tribes after they were school yard picked. I winced. Casaya was going to lose almost every challage and get pagonged. Now looking at Casaya, they were a bitter bunch of misfits, so I wasn't going to cry a river at their pagonging... But Aras took charge of the team Challenges and they started beating the buffer Terry led tribe. Really, La Mina should be ashamed they got beated so badly with so many buff guys in so many physical challenges. But who could have picked Casaya pulling it together enough to win? And as much as I credit Casaya for having a majority at the merge, you can also blame "win-em-all" Terry for that. His decision to boot Misty at the beginning because she was too much of a long term threat really, really weakened their team. Ruth Marie was nice and loyal, but not a challenged asset at a time when you really should be focusing on challenge assets.

So in the end, did Terry deserve to win based on gameplay. Not really, he hurt his tribe more than helped it, meaning he HAD to win every immunity to get to the end. He hogged the idol when he could have used it to boot Aras and given himself a real chance to recruit Bruce or someone else to his group. He should have let Nick win, used the idol, voted Aras off.

Did Aras deserve to win? He helped his team be strong going into the merge. Against many odds. When Shane was crazy he kept his group together. And even recognized when Circe would be a benefit to furthoring his game.

I don't want to go out and have drinks with him, but I think he was a deserving winner, within the parameters of the game.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I'll agree with anyone who thinks Aras acted like a jerk during this season. But in the end, I can't consider him not worthy of winning.

When I looked at the two tribes after they were school yard picked. I winced. Casaya was going to lose almost every challage and get pagonged. Now looking at Casaya, they were a bitter bunch of misfits, so I wasn't going to cry a river at their pagonging... But Aras took charge of the team Challenges and they started beating the buffer Terry led tribe. Really, La Mina should be ashamed they got beated so badly with so many buff guys in so many physical challenges. But who could have picked Casaya pulling it together enough to win? And as much as I credit Casaya for having a majority at the merge, you can also blame "win-em-all" Terry for that. His decision to boot Misty at the beginning because she was too much of a long term threat really, really weakened their team. Ruth Marie was nice and loyal, but not a challenged asset at a time when you really should be focusing on challenge assets.

So in the end, did Terry deserve to win based on gameplay. Not really, he hurt his tribe more than helped it, meaning he HAD to win every immunity to get to the end. He hogged the idol when he could have used it to boot Aras and given himself a real chance to recruit Bruce or someone else to his group. He should have let Nick win, used the idol, voted Aras off.

Did Aras deserve to win? He helped his team be strong going into the merge. Against many odds. When Shane was crazy he kept his group together. And even recognized when Circe would be a benefit to furthoring his game.

I don't want to go out and have drinks with him, but I think he was a deserving winner, within the parameters of the game.
    Great Post

While I liked Aras at the end and wanted him to win (once Cirie was out) your post helps explain why I was rooting for him. He did manage to lead a group of misfits to many wins and thus ensuring Casaya was safe.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post

Thank you! It's what I've thought all season-to a point. I'm in the minority but I never viewed Terry's tribe as being stronger than Casaya. I'm not at all surprised La Mina got beat and beat badly. However, I do think Terry made some bad desicions with who to boot. Misty isn't exactly popular but I never understood his reasons for wanting to vote her off. She cost them the IC? He thought she'd be a threat down the road (playing an individual game that early is a bad, bad thing. Just ask the member's of Lopevi). He thought she'd turn on the men in the end, yet didn't think Austin, Nick or Sally would? I think Misty would have been the one person he could have counted on down the road, and she was much stronger than Ruth Marie and Dan combined. Those two should have gone first over her. The two times Casaya did go to TC pre-merge I think they made better choices in their boots.

Well, he DID win, so we can't complain much, can't we, just get over it, count your blessings that it wasn't Danielle or Courtney, ahhahaha

Sister of the blonde... ~Just_Illusion~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    I have to say, I'm really l liking Aras, but I also found Shane entertaining when the rest of you were bashing him...

I think Aras is one of those spoiled brats raised by parents who gave him everything, spoiled him way too much, and taught him that brutal honesty is better than a little white lie, even if you do hurt someone's feelings...

But I still like him. And I liked Austin too, but now he's gone, so I say if not Aras, anybody but Terry as the winner!!
    Exactly...I quite like Aras, is also my favorite contestant~
    perhaps that brutal honesty made most people think he is a jerk, he is abhorrent, he is arrogant, or something...
    However, I think he is kind, sincere, satisfied and......goreous
    And Danielle is my favorite, the best one, ~
    "I think the experience is much more than the prize"Heather

+ Reply to Thread