+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Aras : Exile Island

I have to agree CEO. I am aware that Terry seemed to have diarrhea of the mouth a few times (lol) but for the most part of this season I never saw him being disrespectful of women. And his wife seemed to be a strong minded woman. I wonder if some of this comes from his "boys club" alliance. You know normally I do hate that kind of thing, but I decided this year that it's not the guys fault the women can't seem to hold an alliance together. So why the heck not have an alliance with the guys?
    Oops I forgot this was Aras thread! Of the final two I truly felt Aras deserved to win more than Danielle. If nothing else because he never sat out an individual immunity challenge and he honestly worked his booty off every time I saw him.
    Last edited by rupertshoney; 05-15-2006 at 03:07 PM.
    babyfat101 likes this.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by rupertshoney View Post
    Of the final two I truly felt Aras deserved to win more than Danielle. If nothing else because he never sat out an individual immunity challenge and he honestly worked his booty off every time I saw him.
    Absolutely agreed.

I am so happy that Aras won, the only person I would have liked better as the winner is Cirie, but hey...I'm happy.

Sorry - don't agree with most of you. I wanted Terry to win, but knew he wouldn't. After I found out he wasn't even in the final two, I stopped taping and did not care to watch. Aras is okay. Next to Terry, probably the best one and most deserving. I thought I saw a spark of interest between Aras and Danielle too, but more on his side than hers (I could be misreading it though). I am so glad I chose to watch Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy.

FORT Fogey
    While it would have been nice for Aras to have a little more tact when saying that Melinda and Cirie were the next ones to go, he was targeting them because they were females, but rather because he saw them as the most dispendable members of the tribe at that point. They didn't do much around camp, neither appeared to be an asset in challenges (although Cirie did prove to be in the team challenges, which is one reason why I think Aras' opinion of her changed and he was interested in keeping her around longer), and Aras recognized it was a team game until it wasn't and then it was about alliances.

Terry, on the other hand, targeted women, even young, physical women like Sally, over any male on the team, even useless Dan. The only reason Sally stuck around longer than Dan was because Casaya saved her by sending her to Exile Island.

I think we're all going to have to agree to disagree, but it's fascinating how we can all watch the same thing and come away with such vastly different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    While it would have been nice for Aras to have a little more tact when saying that Melinda and Cirie were the next ones to go, he was targeting them because they were females, but rather because he saw them as the most dispendable members of the tribe at that point. They didn't do much around camp, neither appeared to be an asset in challenges (although Cirie did prove to be in the team challenges, which is one reason why I think Aras' opinion of her changed and he was interested in keeping her around longer), and Aras recognized it was a team game until it wasn't and then it was about alliances.

Terry, on the other hand, targeted women, even young, physical women like Sally, over any male on the team, even useless Dan. The only reason Sally stuck around longer than Dan was because Casaya saved her by sending her to Exile Island.

I think we're all going to have to agree to disagree, but it's fascinating how we can all watch the same thing and come away with such vastly different opinions.
    You are correct, we all see something different. I do think Aras assumed these are older women and are not going to be able to push my team forward. He had an alliance with a group of young strong people and had no need for older, slower women. I just find that amusing considering how utterly useless the young men's team was when it came to fire and shelter but the older women had no problems.
    As for Terry, he might have felt the same way about the younger girls on his tribe. And since Misty made it plain she was going to flirt her way to the finals maybe Terry figured I need to make sure the guys stick together so let's get rid of the girls. How many times have we seen a girl or guy attach themselves to each other as support to get to the final 2 or 3? Noone want's another Romber. I never heard him say anything about the women being useless. Just that they had a guys alliance, but I could've missed something.
    I have no idea what was actually going through either man's mind at any of these times, sometimes I wondered if they had any left but regardless each man showed at times a lack of regard for others in their tribe.

For all you Aras fans: tomorrow (Tues.) he'll be on Live with Regis and Kelly.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Art
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    For all you Aras fans: tomorrow (Tues.) he'll be on Live with Regis and Kelly.
    YAY!! Thank you for passing the info!! I'll be watching. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    While it would have been nice for Aras to have a little more tact when saying that Melinda and Cirie were the next ones to go, he was targeting them because they were females, but rather because he saw them as the most dispendable members of the tribe at that point. They didn't do much around camp, neither appeared to be an asset in challenges ...
    Danielle was the one who didn't do anything at camp. Courtney didn't seem to do much either. And from the looks of the young men's camp I don't think Aras was doing all that much either.

The older women are always among the hardest workers around camp. You have to be tough and have a good work ethic to be an older women and get on Survivor.

And Melinda seems to have been the tougher of the two (at that point, Cirie toughened up nicely), but also the most feminine.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    I have been asking for this for months now. Does anyone have any evidence that he feels this way? All I have seen is conjecture. Sure, we are all entitled to making things up, that's what the internet is for, but these threads always go so much farther if we have footage or interviews to discuss when forming our opinions. Is there something out there that I missed?
    You missed nothing, there is no evidence. Austin was in the boys club alliance, he didn't vote Danielle. That must mean Austin wasn't voting for a woman in F2 either.

+ Reply to Thread