+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Aras : Exile Island

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I didn't like Aras' arrogance when he first started and did not wish anything good for him. He became more likeable later into the game; I have no idea when that tide turned for me.

I was tickled to see an all-Casaya F2; I didn't really care which person won.

Am I the only person who thinks there was a spark of attraction between Aras and Danielle? He was awfully touchy/feely that last night; she was more reserved, but isn't there a boyfriend at home? She knew he was going to be seeing that, so she had to respect what he would see!

I know I'm stirring the pot!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    I'm glad Aras won. I would liked to have seen Terry come in second though. Terry is the best competitor in Survivor history he deserved at least second place for going against such overwhelming odds. I do think Aras deserved to win he was the only person that came close or even tried to compete with Terry.
    Terry reminds me of Stephanie L. Physically doing well but still not winning and then everyone complaining about how good they were and deserved to win. Well if they deserved to win they would gotten to the F2 and received the votes they needed to win plain and simple. That is the criteria of winning this game neither managed to accomplished both criteria therefore they did not win.

Also I am glad that Danielle beat Terry, it must be humbling to be kept out of F2 by a female as he was so adament about keeping all females out of his early Lamina alliances as he considers them the weakest link.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    You Tell 'Em, Bearcata!!!

There was no way that man would have voted for a female unless it was an all-female F2. And it would have eaten him up even then!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Terry reminds me of Stephanie L. Physically doing well but still not winning and then everyone complaining about how good they were and deserved to win. Well if they deserved to win they would gotten to the F2 and received the votes they needed to win plain and simple. That is the criteria of winning this game neither managed to accomplished both criteria therefore they did not win.
    Terry did not win the Final Three immunity challenge and didn't deserve to win. There, I am one of his supporters that said it. However, he is not like Stephanie because he DID win 5 out of seven times that were do-or-die for him. Every immunity for Terry was the end-of-the-line. He more of then than not came through in the cluth. If you want to compare ANYONE to Stephanie, how about Aras who was always considered a threat but didn't seem to win very often?

Also I am glad that Danielle beat Terry, it must be humbling to be kept out of F2 by a female as he was so adament about keeping all females out of his early Lamina alliances as he considers them the weakest link.
    I have been asking for this for months now. Does anyone have any evidence that he feels this way? All I have seen is conjecture. Sure, we are all entitled to making things up, that's what the internet is for, but these threads always go so much farther if we have footage or interviews to discuss when forming our opinions. Is there something out there that I missed?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    I would have been happy if Terry had been booted 2nd or 3rd. Overall. I couldn't stand him and I'm so glad Aras can say he won over Terry!!
    He can say he beat Terry where it counted. I might have missed this on the reunion show last night but did Probst do a tally with the jury if it had been an Aras/Terry final 2? Aras won't be among my favorite winners ever, but at least this season was somewhat salvaged for me with him winning. Now onto Survivor Cook Islands!

No, karalott he didn't do that survey. I would have been VERY interested to see the results though, as I think the entire season was building to an Aras/Terry final two.

Not my favorite winner either, but certainly not my worst by a long shot.

Aras!

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Terry did not win the Final Three immunity challenge and didn't deserve to win. There, I am one of his supporters that said it. However, he is not like Stephanie because he DID win 5 out of seven times that were do-or-die for him. Every immunity for Terry was the end-of-the-line. He more of then than not came through in the cluth. If you want to compare ANYONE to Stephanie, how about Aras who was always considered a threat but didn't seem to win very often?

I have been asking for this for months now. Does anyone have any evidence that he feels this way? All I have seen is conjecture. Sure, we are all entitled to making things up, that's what the internet is for, but these threads always go so much farther if we have footage or interviews to discuss when forming our opinions. Is there something out there that I missed?
    From the comments he made as far as eliminating the woman who he saw as the weak members of the team when it came to TC. He made references to it every time they voted a female off.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I doubt it. Danielle just reinforced the stereotype of the weak woman. Aras intimidated her and she gave in. Terry treated her with respect and was pushed out the door.

Terry showed RuthMarie and Sally respect. Aras is the guy who went to the women (Cirie and Melinda) and told them they were worthless and next 2 to go. Aras is the one who threatened Danielle. Not sure how Aras comes off as respecting women more than Terry.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Terry showed RuthMarie and Sally respect. Aras is the guy who went to the women (Cirie and Melinda) and told them they were worthless and next 2 to go. Aras is the one who threatened Danielle. Not sure how Aras comes off as respecting women more than Terry.
    DING DING DING DING. This is why I don't understand why have people chosen to lable Terry the chauvenist? He has been above board with all he dealings.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Good job Aras! At least Terry didn't win.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread