+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Aras : Exile Island

I also thought it was stupid for Bruce & Danielle not to take Terry up on his offer. They had a chance to break up the alliance and give themselves a better chance of making it to the final four.

Aras is an interesting guy. He is very well educated, well traveled and worldly for such a young guy. I haven't decided whether I like him or not. He is playing the game differently than most - very up front with his decision making and obvious as the young alpha male competing with the older alpha male, Terry. His "other worldly" new age spirituality was vaguely irritating at first, but I notice he has all but abandoned it to the reality of surviving in the hostile environment of the game.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I also thought it was stupid for Bruce & Danielle not to take Terry up on his offer. They had a chance to break up the alliance and give themselves a better chance of making it to the final four.

Aras is an interesting guy. He is very well educated, well traveled and worldly for such a young guy. I haven't decided whether I like him or not. He is playing the game differently than most - very up front with his decision making and obvious as the young alpha male competing with the older alpha male, Terry. His "other worldly" new age spirituality was vaguely irritating at first, but I notice he has all but abandoned it to the reality of surviving in the hostile environment of the game.
    When Terry was very open and up front about his decision making, he was labled 'arrogant' by many. Why is that different for Aras?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    CEO
    If you read other pages in this thread, you'll see that many people were pissed off and angry at Aras for being so blatant and rude for his "openess" toward Cerie and the blonde (who they were deciding to vote off). So, it's no different.

I'll like Aras a little bit more now.. only cuz he was sly and cool enough to make a secret alliance with Cerie. But, I can't give him total props until he votes Shane off. He needs to relinquish Shane of his "alliance duties".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I like(it's like, not stalk)Aras due to his slyness as well, Maveno.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    When Terry was very open and up front about his decision making, he was labled 'arrogant' by many. Why is that different for Aras?
    Terry only wanted to align with men because he say the women as weak and not worthy of his alliance. Aras aligned with both men and women and has looked at people's value based on the game, not on their gender.

And I think Aras has shown that he is willing to value an older woman. Cirie has proved herself in many challenges (the fish tossing challenge and the one with the things being shot from the beach for the others on the beam in the ocean to catch come to mind), so I think Aras realized she had more value than some of the others and was willing to change his alliance a little bit. Smart player, if you ask me, whether he wins or not. He's definitely playing his own game and so far, it's been working.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    Terry only wanted to align with men because he say the women as weak and not worthy of his alliance.
    Did I miss something? When did he say this?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Did I miss something? When did he say this?
    Should have been saw, but I guess my brain was just much faster than my fingers...

Cirie has also proven herself, but again, thinking and typing are apparently two things I can't do at the same time.

Aras is definitely playing a good game and I can see him and Terry in the final two - IF, they don't align with Terry and vote him off. If it is those two, I predict Aras would win. He appears to be well liked by his team mates and respected by the LaMinas. However, I still like Terry better - he the MAN!

FORT Fogey
    I'm beginning to form a hunch where Aras is concerned. As long as Terry is around and winning IC, Casaya has to vote their own out. If Aras feels safe with Cirie and Danielle, then he can let Terry win, keep being forced to vote out one of their own, and have a valid excuse for doing it. If Terry were gone, and Casaya had to turn on each other, there may be hard feelins. Right now, Aras can use the excuse that because "we" couldn't beat Terry, we were forced to vote one of our own out.

If my theory is right, look for Aras to turn it up after Shane is voted out.

I'm back to being a full-on Aras fan now.

He's still not at Cirie-level as far as my personal affinity goes, but he's playing a great strategic game. Not many strong young men have been able to make final five without winning a single immunity challenge- just using their strategy alone.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

+ Reply to Thread