+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you have eaten the chicken

I wouldn't have eaten it, either. It was a sacrifice and eating it showed disrespect to the ritual.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I don't eat meat...but if I was that long without food? Especially, as username pointed out, you'll be doing an endurance challenge the next day. Too tempting. I'd do it.

I wouldn't have. You just don't mess with some things.

I wouldn't have either. That is just wrong. And disrepectful...

And tonight she's going to scream your name from the highest rooftop
    Because for the first time in her life, she's not afraid to fall in love

Premium Member
    If I had been out there that long living mostly on ground corn and ramon nuts, I'm sure I would have eaten it. I would have smelled that chicken cooking in the fire and would not have been able to resist it. I would have done it knowing it was wrong and would have felt very guilty and ashamed afterward. I admired Rafe for being able to resist and say no because I don't think I could have done it under those circumstances.

I don't suppose any of us could say for sure without being in the same circumstances, but I don't think I would for two reasons.

1) There would have been a high likelihood of food poisoning after it had laid on the ground all day. They just lucked out that they weren't puking their guts out. Food poisoning isn't going to make you very fit for an endurance challenge. You'd be better off going into it with an empty stomach than a sick one.

2) It was completely disrespectful. She asked, they said no. I don't think I could have eaten it. As someone else mentioned, its akin to chugging the communal wine when visiting someone's church. Not very classy.

However, I do concede that I've never survived on so little food (with the exception of the well-fed and classless Steph) for so long, so I can't be sure.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Newbie
    Stargazer...LOL @ that emoticon! Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I don't suppose any of us could say for sure without being in the same circumstances,
    I'm pretty confident that I could say what I would do. I just came off of a 7 day fast, during which I ate no food, exercised vigorously, and only drank liquids. I do these fasts occasionally, and it's not that difficult for me. I believe I could have resisted eating that chicken easily, but I know it's difficult for most people to go days without food, so your point is certainly well taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    There would have been a high likelihood of food poisoning after it had laid on the ground all day.
    This is an extremely good point. Wow, if those that ate the chicken had gotten sick...wouldn't that have somehow been karmic?

I would not have eaten the chicken.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I would have eaten it but only since Danni ate it and went on to win lol. But if rafe(who didnt eat the chicken) had won, i wouldnt have.

So I guess it how your morals are.
    "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day." - Linda Evangelista

FORT Fogey
    I do agree there is a food poisoning risk, and it would not be the first time someone in the final challenge lost it because of being sick. The likelihood of boosted strength was greater and worth the risk IMO.

with the exception of the well-fed and classless Steph
    While she ate better than anyone else in the tribe (by their own choices), she was still starving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast