+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On the Next Survivor (12/11)

FORT Fogey
    But back to Rafe and Danni....so if they are the true alliance, then they have to decide whether to vote out Lydia or Steph.. I can see that they both feel they might win over either of those in the final 2, but that Steph might win in the final 3, so they should take her out if she doesn't have immunity. The mistake might be if Rafe felt more loyal to Steph and they took out Lydia... or if Lydia actually came close to winning in the final 3?
    Of course if they plan to take each other to final 2 then they should take out Steph because she might beat them.
    They could do it by convincing Lydia to vote for Steph, which shouldn't be hard, and Steph to vote for Lydia (using the lets have a strong final 3 argument--and Steph seems to like Danni and be willing to go along with her) and then if they stick together they really get to decide which one goes home, unless one of those 2 gets immunity, and even if one does they are able to be safe themselves because the immunity winner will still follow the plan.
    Whoever gets voted out it's probably another vote down the drain for Rafe. They need to get rid of Danni if they want a shot at Bobby Jon and Gary's votes, but these people all have big gaping holes in their gameplans so it could go either way. I'm thinking they should keep Lydia because while she might not lose emotional votes, she'll lose gameplay votes. She's also the most non-threatening person ever in any challenge, physical or mental.

Ninety-nine percent of the viewers would never bother to watch the previews in slomo or go surfing the net for screencaps and spoilers. I get the feeling that Mark Burnett doesn't mind letting the internet fans get these spoilers from the previews during the week before an episode airs. I do have to say that the weekend commercials this season have given away a lot more than I ever remember. For instance, a weekend preview before the Thursday where the hidden immunity twist was revealed to the Survivors showed Rafe and Lydia basically explaining the idol twist. Likewise, a preview this last weekend gave away the reward winner being put to the choice of a car for his or her self or cars for each of the others. The Danni immunity win was revealed because there was a clear shot of the last six walking to tribal council with the immunity necklace visible around her neck during one of the previews.

The spoilers Burnett hates are the Chill One type spoilers from Pearl Islands and All Stars. Basically, the All Stars boot order and final two were revealed in close to the exact order before the first episode aired. As far as I was concerned, a lot of my enthusiasm for All Stars waned when it became clear that the spoiler was probably right and Rob and Amber were going to be the final two. There are already spoiler rumors out there for S12 which is back in Panama. I'll try to avoid reading any pre-show comprehensive spoilers but probably won't be able to make myself not peek.

I truly believe that picture of the final four tribal council is not doctored. You'll notice that there are no pictures of the final three tribal council. Giving away one of the final three shouldn't spoil the finale too much for anyone. Knowing the final two probably would keep some people from watching until the beginning of the live show when the winner will be revealed.

ETA: Thanks so much for posting that screencap VinceDee.

Thanks VinceDee. I couldn't find it anywhere on the 'net and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I thought that folks were confusing it with Rafe's neck wear, he sometimes wears two things and I thought the mass was what people were seeing. I was wrong it is definitely an immunity necklace.

But still, I like the hunt and the tease not the giveaways that MB is giving this time round.
    Last edited by fluff; 12-10-2005 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by user name View Post
    Whoever gets voted out it's probably another vote down the drain for Rafe. They need to get rid of Danni if they want a shot at Bobby Jon and Gary's votes, but these people all have big gaping holes in their gameplans so it could go either way. I'm thinking they should keep Lydia because while she might not lose emotional votes, she'll lose gameplay votes. She's also the most non-threatening person ever in any challenge, physical or mental.
    Yes ... Danni may now be the biggest threat before the jury ... BUT in the F3 challenge, if it involves strength, stamina ... or BALANCE ... Danni is one of the 2 lesser threats ( with Lydia). Her balancing ability is non-existant. So the boot choice should be Rafe or Steph.

If Rafe wins the Final immunity ( his balance is excellent, by the way ) and Danni is there, he will have a very difficult decision. If he truly would have given the cars to the others because he is "nice" ... then he'll have to honor his promise to Danni regardless of the outcome. If he renigs and takes the easier route of Steph or Lydia, he could lose jury votes. I'm wondering though if he ever actually made an F2 promise to Steph and/or Lydia. I don't think so, but I'm not positive. I think the discussions only went to Final 4.

Personally, I wish they would boot Lydia next and make it real, but as I've said elsewhere, I don't like that Steph came back and got a second chance with a bunch of Survivor rookies, so I prefer that she NOT get 2nd place money.

So, I hope the F3 are the 3 rookies. Boot Steph.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I would like to think that Danni and Rafe question on whether to boot Lydia or Steph.. and that Steph becomes the decision. She has been an instrumental part of the whole alliance, and Rafe may be leary of voting her off, but knows that his best chance of going to final 2 would seemingly be against Lydia, who hasn't won anything at all, and Danni, who has only won 1 immunity challenge. Granted Steph has only won 1 too, but she is by far the more fierce competitor. I just think the decision to vote off Steph would create more discord within the group. (this may also be biased by wishful thinking lol)

Great pic, VinceDee.
    They actually did a very similar thing in the final stages of S5.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'll put this in spoiler tags so as not to give away the gist of the spoiler picture for this season. Brian was shown wearing the immunity necklace and a different outfit from when he'd previously won it, so it was clear he had won immunity. Although considering who he was up against it was a fair bet he would anyway, but still...

FORT Fan
    I got the impression while watching the promos by the look on Stephs face that she is the next one gone. She looked down and almost ready to cry. Of course, this is certainly not spoiler info, just speculation, but I really, really hope she is next.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Yes ... Danni may now be the biggest threat before the jury ... BUT in the F3 challenge, if it involves strength, stamina ... or BALANCE ... Danni is one of the 2 lesser threats ( with Lydia). Her balancing ability is non-existant. So the boot choice should be Rafe or Steph.

If Rafe wins the Final immunity ( his balance is excellent, by the way ) and Danni is there, he will have a very difficult decision. If he truly would have given the cars to the others because he is "nice" ... then he'll have to honor his promise to Danni regardless of the outcome. If he renigs and takes the easier route of Steph or Lydia, he could lose jury votes. I'm wondering though if he ever actually made an F2 promise to Steph and/or Lydia. I don't think so, but I'm not positive. I think the discussions only went to Final 4.

Personally, I wish they would boot Lydia next and make it real, but as I've said elsewhere, I don't like that Steph came back and got a second chance with a bunch of Survivor rookies, so I prefer that she NOT get 2nd place money.

So, I hope the F3 are the 3 rookies. Boot Steph.
    On the thread where they are discussing the last show someone rewound and confirmed that Danni promised Rafe F2 BUT he only promised her F3.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I got the impression while watching the promos by the look on Stephs face that she is the next one gone. She looked down and almost ready to cry. Of course, this is certainly not spoiler info, just speculation, but I really, really hope she is next.
    I got that impression she was nervous. Granted, nerves are to be expected at that stage of the game, and it's possible they raise her name as a possible boot. If that happens, it'll be the first time that we've seen since about week 1 or so.

I would wager a guess that the two reconsidering their alliance is Rafe and Lydia deciding to vote off Stephanie. Which is pretty stupid, final two wise. If they do decide to do that, I hope they end up in final two with Danni and she beats them soundly.

Lydia, Rafe & Steph are the remaining members of the origional alliance.

Danni and Rafe are sort of secret alliance. And he doesn't really need to confer with her because she will vote for anyone he tells her to. Her only attachment is making it to the final two.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast