+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose View Post
    When is the finale? Is there one more week? Or is it this Sunday?
    It's this Sunday. I.e. tomorrow. It's the usual 2 hours followed by the one hour live reunion show.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Great minds think alike!
    And on the subject of giving cars... I totally agree with the people who think Lydia would have been nuts to give that car to her 17 year old son! In fact I think people who give kids new cars in general are nuts. If you've got the cash get yourself a new one and give the kid the old one (or better yet let the kid work to buy it if you don't want him buying a piece of unsafe junk from the ads), but never give a 17 year old boy (not being sexist and age-ist, just reflecting the insurance stats) something that will tempt him to do dangerous things, and will egg his friends on to egg him on to do them. Further all his friends will want to ride with him in the new car--and I've read stats show a teen driver with friends in the car is in practically as much trouble as one who has been drinking because of the distractions.
    Totally agree on all counts [about the great minds and the 17 year old boys, too].

Quote Originally Posted by julitta View Post
    oh yeah, i couldn't remember what she did. well there you go. she doesn't own a car because she has a company car.
    Unlikely she has a company car, most reps use their own and can write it off on their taxes because it is used for business purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Great minds think alike!
    And on the subject of giving cars... I totally agree with the people who think Lydia would have been nuts to give that car to her 17 year old son! In fact I think people who give kids new cars in general are nuts. If you've got the cash get yourself a new one and give the kid the old one (or better yet let the kid work to buy it if you don't want him buying a piece of unsafe junk from the ads), but never give a 17 year old boy (not being sexist and age-ist, just reflecting the insurance stats) something that will tempt him to do dangerous things, and will egg his friends on to egg him on to do them. Further all his friends will want to ride with him in the new car--and I've read stats show a teen driver with friends in the car is in practically as much trouble as one who has been drinking because of the distractions.
    Anyone who gives a 17 yr boy a new expensive car with all the whistles and doodads should also have a plot in the graveyard picked out and a funeral package paid for.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Anyone who gives a 17 yr boy a new expensive car with all the whistles and doodads should also have a plot in the graveyard picked out and a funeral package paid for.

Brother, have you got THAT right. And I'm REALLY tempted to raise the age from 17 to 25, because of the amount of drinking that young guys in that whole age-range do.

Notice when Step eats she gains no weight.
    Only gets more stronger!

Unlikely she has a company car, most reps use their own and can write it off on their taxes because it is used for business purposes.
    really? because all the reps i know not only get company cars, they get to pick a new one out of a brochure every year or so. so if she does not have a company car, and she's never owned her own car, how is she a rep? does she ride her bicycle?

I totally agree. When I went away to college I went to this really rich, private, liberal arts school and all of my fellow freshmen (although we had to call them first years because it was more PC) drove nicer cars than my parents. I remember clearly this one time when it snowed really bad and one of my friends, who was from Maryland, had a huge Land Rover Defender she had no idea how to drive. I git to drive that bohemoth of a car almost all winter because her parents bought her way to much car because they could. I never had a car my first two years of college and then one year I actually drove my parents old mini-van for a few months until I bought my own pice of crap car to make it through the next few years. Teenagers don't need fancy cars, if they need cars at all. The slower the better. Less chance of them getting hurt when they hit something and chances are they will hit something.

Quote Originally Posted by julitta View Post
    really? because all the reps i know not only get company cars, they get to pick a new one out of a brochure every year or so. so if she does not have a company car, and she's never owned her own car, how is she a rep? does she ride her bicycle?
    All the ones I know use their own car.

FORT Regular
    All the ones I know use their own car.
    I think it depends on the pharmaceutical company. One of my relatives used to be a pharm rep and she had a company car, but I've seen plenty of ads in the paper that only offer a "car allowance." So, it can go either way, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread