+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie
    I would have given the others the car, I look at it this way I am in the top 5 and you win a pretty good amount for that place, I think it something like 10 or 20 thousand and I can buy a decent one for 9,000. Plus you may get a couple people on your side.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    i would have given the car up, if i still got the food reward! at that point, nourishment and protien especially are pretty important.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Steph is hardly a powerhouse. We have now seen that Rafe calls most of the shots. Also, aside from last night Steph has never won immunity or a reward in her two seasons of Survivor (why did we think she was a strong woman or a though competitor again?). Finally, she would probably lose in the Final 2 because she has so blatantly backstabbed her alliance (Jamie, Judd and Cindy).
    I don't think she's a powerhouse either. If Steph were to win she would have freeloaded her way right to the end. She has not done anything strategic. Sure she got herself into a majority alliance but so did Rafe, Lydia, Jamie, Judd and Cindy. 5 other people. Nothing special there. The only boots that involved ANY kind of strategy were Jamie, Judd and Cindy. All the rest were a group consensus boots .WE know it was Rafe that masterminded all 3 of them. Nobody else does, not even Steph. Rafe let her think she was doing it so she would take the fall. The jury thinks she was the leader and to blame for their boots so they are assuming she played strategiclly when, in reality, she did no such thing. She never once had scheme to save herself because she was never even brought up as a possible boot past day 1 when Jamie tried. She was safe in an alliance. I'm sure she'll take credit for strategically "removing a threat before they could remove me" because that's what she thinks and the jury thinks even though we know nothing is farther than the truth. So there is always the possibility they vote for her based on their expectations of her game play they had since day 1 and not how little she actually did

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I think and Danni and Rafe would be a fine F2 and either could win depending on how the jury sees things. Danni would definitely have Gary's vote, but I'm not so sure the others ( except Cindy ) now on the jury think/know that Rafe had any control over the boots. We'd also have Steph and Lydia on the jury and Steph at this point (I think) would vote for Danni and Lydia would ... um ... vote "with the tribe".

Edited to say: If I've strayed off topic here, sorry, and please relocate me where I belong. Thanks.
    If it's Danni and Rafe in the f2, I'd say Danni will win in a landslide. She has always had Gary's and Bobby Jon's vote and now that Rafe has backstabbed his own alliance, Jamie, Judd, and Cindy will never vote for him. They won't vote for Steph or Lydia against Danni either, for the same reason. If Steph the backstabber and holier than thou Rafe and Lydia the follower wants a chance at winning, they'll have to get rid of Danni pronto.

FORT Fogey
    Rafe must think we're naive to believe he wouldn't have even given the car decision a second thought. Both strategically and in terms of dollars and cents (one more place is $15k... the car is 22), it made sense to give it up, but you have to at least mull it over.

Here's the interesting thing about this endgame. Steph, who'd all but been counted out as winning from the getgo, actually is starting to form support within the jury. First there's Judd, who appears to be oblivious to the fact that Steph voted for him. If so, he'll vote for her over anyone else. Then we have Cindy, who seemed like she may have favored Rafe over Steph, but after this week Rafe may well have thrown away a vote. Bobby Jon from day one had no plans of voting for Steph, which is exactly why should have pushed for him over Brandon. Jamie as well has no use for Steph. Gary's a wildcard. He'll vote for Danni given the shot, but he's also another potential vote for Steph.

Shady, she needed to broker a deal with them right on the spot before giving them the cars.
    I like that. At least saying they can't vote for her for one TC. The only tricky thing about that is if the others agreed to those terms, their necks would be more on the line. Good for her, not so good for them.

I am seriously beginning to think Steph relishes in dishing out pain to others. She knew Judd liked her and had no problem sharing rewards with him and than turning on him when quite frankly he was her best shot in F2 partners. She turned on Cindy after she shared her reward with her, and why her vote was not needed. She turned on Jamie, etc.
    The others turned on Judd. She just went along for the ride. Same with Cindy, who again multiple other people turned on. Granted, she wasn't entirely innocent, but she wasn't the one who originated the ideas either. Jamie was going to turn on her given the chance, making this the only decision I agree with.

Why does everyone love Dani? I think she is the worst player this season.
    There are worse (Cindy, Lydia), but I do agree she's not very good at this game. She does have a good end game, though, with the luck to have Rafe to string along. Then again, maybe it's his horrible end game that makes hers look good.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the winner of the reward had taken the altruistic path and given the four cars away to people, CBS would have stepped up and given that winner a car, anyway. I think CBS would have rewarded the person who thought of the other contestants.
    This was one of my first thoughts when I saw the preview. Usually the person who gives up the reward is given one for doing so.

Sure she got herself into a majority alliance but so did Rafe, Lydia, Jamie, Judd and Cindy. 5 other people.
    How many of them remain in that alliance?

The only boots that involved ANY kind of strategy were Jamie, Judd and Cindy. All the rest were a group consensus boots.
    Jamie aside, none of those boots were strategy (at least not very good strategy). Group consensus, meanwhile, is a tried and true strategy. It may be boring and predictable, but it works.

If Steph the backstabber and holier than thou Rafe and Lydia the follower wants a chance at winning, they'll have to get rid of Danni pronto.
    I'd suggest la semana pasada. It may well be too late to get rid of her. Rafe is probably naive enough to actually believe taking her along is to his benefit, at which point it comes down to who wins immunity and who he and Danni choose to sway. The next immunity could perhaps be more important than the final one.

Quote Originally Posted by JBJFAN View Post
    If it's Danni and Rafe in the f2, I'd say Danni will win in a landslide. She has always had Gary's and Bobby Jon's vote and now that Rafe has backstabbed his own alliance, Jamie, Judd, and Cindy will never vote for him. They won't vote for Steph or Lydia against Danni either, for the same reason. If Steph the backstabber and holier than thou Rafe and Lydia the follower wants a chance at winning, they'll have to get rid of Danni pronto.
    Rafe or Steph will easily win over Danni. Usually in the end the jury see why and how they were voted off and vote for the best player not someone who is there by luck (Danni , seriously she has only made one decision to save herself).

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by user name View Post
    Jamie aside, none of those boots were strategy (at least not very good strategy). Group consensus, meanwhile, is a tried and true strategy. It may be boring and predictable, but it works.
    They were great strategy. Rafe is still there, how many of them remain?

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Yeah, Amber was given a car and still won.
    Actually Rob won the car and when he took Amber with him to the Movie Drive-In Amber then found out she had also won a car! So she actually didn't win a car she was given a car by someone who had won.
    I finally am hooked up for the live feeds!!!

Danni- Still my fave. Her greatest strategy was not making "in your face" enemies. She has been as much of a free thinker as this game allows. Being a tall skeleton has hurt her int he competitions. The way she convinced Steph that Judd was plotting against her was brilliant whether Rafe orchestrated it or not. I believe she would keep her word to take Rafe to F2. She has a good chance to win against him, but no chance to win at all, if she doesn't make a pact with him.

Rafe- He has been on the cusp of being a fave, since the Jaime boot. I like the way he has taken charge of the game without being cocky or abusive. I think his chances of winning the mil depend on how much the jury members can discuss with each other. He said after the merge that he was having trouble justifying being part of an alliance comprised of people that weren't nice. For this reason, if nothing else, I think he will take Danni to F2.

Steph- I was happy for Steph when she won the IC. Her reaction was very heartfelt and while I don't want her to make F2 I don't dislike her either. She and Cindy talked before RC about the fact that they were the only ones of the group that didn't have their own cars. Unless she wins IC on Sunday she is gone.

Lydia- I think she is the perfect F3 patsy. The odds of her winning a competition are almost nil and the other 2 (hopefully Danni and Rafe) won't have to work hard to slip past her into the F2 slot. I think her comment about giving the car to her 17 yr old son bothered me more than anything else she has said or done this season. She make it clear weeks ago that she was no fan of Steph's.

Cindy- Please touch up your roots. I can see them through the sunroof of your new car. She made the right choice to keep the car based on her ultimate position in the game and her need of one. The only thing I liked about her was the animal info she tossed out during the game. Her voice and attitude sucked and her last ditch effort to save herself by sacrificing Rafe was too little too late.

FORT Fogey
    If I were Cindy and I do not know if this is allowed but I would have given the four cars away if they all agreed to if one of them won the million they gave me the car I gave them back so at least I would get the car.

+ Reply to Thread