+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why always a tropical/hot setting?

FORT Newbie
    i think inland is pretty boring, you need a lake/ocean/body of water for the view/water

i.e. i didnt find the africa one very interesting when they were enclosed in that pen the whole time, theres nowhere to go

Quote Originally Posted by mremis View Post
    i think inland is pretty boring, you need a lake/ocean/body of water for the view/water

i.e. i didnt find the africa one very interesting when they were enclosed in that pen the whole time, theres nowhere to go
    Ugh! I hated the Africa season. Sitting like zoo animals in that enclosure, sorrounded by lions and whatnot. It was soooo boring.
    No more arid, dry, waterless places please!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

No heat means not seeing Lydia type back ornamentation from the bugs.

Make it hot, humid, and infested. Survivors love to suffer.

Humans can endure tropical weather much easier than they can endure extreme cold (obvious statement, I know). Given that they have no shelter, and would most likely not be able to shield themselves in any way from the cold with a makeshift shelter, it would be completely impossible for a "cold" season.

FORT Newbie
    Comes down to the T and A factor, It's Burnett's vision of what he thinks the Survivor viewer wants. I wouldn't mind seeing the following locations:

Kokomo Islands
    Yukon
    Serengetti
    Tasmania

FORT Newbie
    I would like to see other types of locations, as well. Wherever humans can live is the type of environment that I would go for. If certain equipment is absolutely necessary to ensure the player's survival then I'd let them have it. But seeing them have to surive in the Himalayas, or the Alaskan wilderness would be a nice change.

As much as I like T&A, I really would rather see the social relationships that develop and the drama/friction that occurs. How boring it's been to have a nondescript (but physically attractive) player like Cindy, when we could have had another interesting (but not so attractive) player like Judd taking her place for this season.

The drama is the thing for this show, so I believe you can put them in colder or dryer (like a desert) climates and still have a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by yocedeith View Post
    Humans can endure tropical weather much easier than they can endure extreme cold (obvious statement, I know). Given that they have no shelter, and would most likely not be able to shield themselves in any way from the cold with a makeshift shelter, it would be completely impossible for a "cold" season.
    They can provide them with something like an igloo. The reason I want to see a change is that I think one of the original premises of the show is gone - actual struggle for survival. Now, after 11 seasons, players all know what they're getting into and it seems like the "struggle for survival" is not much of a struggle anymore. Sure, there'd be no T&A, but the social relationships and drama would still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Ugh! I hated the Africa season. Sitting like zoo animals in that enclosure, sorrounded by lions and whatnot. It was soooo boring.
    No more arid, dry, waterless places please!
    I did like the location for Africa plus how bad they starved that group. However, I did like the cast. Lex was crazy. LOL Then Ethan and all the rest. The final 2 was messed up though. It should have been Ethan vs Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    I always wished they would do a season on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. It's a huge island with a lot of very wild spaces and they can wear a swimsuit in the summer. Just thought it would be cool to have a less exotic locale.
    I could stalk them then But, seriously, our weather isn't consistently warm enough to go near-naked. The water is not a comfortable temperature (it's barely tolerable on the calmest, warmest days, in most areas), there is no abundant natural food source except fish but remember the water is cold and they'd have to go out and deep -- unless they do it during the spawn but those fish look really... ummm... moldy. They could get fogged in the whole time It would be beautiful though.

FORT Fogey
    OK, keep it warm but make it challenging and new. How about Survivor Favela? (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil slums)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast