+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On The Next Survivor (12/8)

On The Next Survivor (12/8)

Quote Originally Posted by Official CBS Site
    Feeling deceived after a tribemate's ousting, one Survivor confronts the Tribe.

After a big win, one Survivor has a big decision: try and break the "car curse" or risk it all to drive away with a new car.

One Survivor's car decision creates a rift at camp. Will this affect who goes home next?
    The first one is obviously Cindy.

The last one has to do with the reward twist. The commercials this weekend indicate that whoever wins the reward challenge can choose to receive a car or give up their car and the other four will each receive a car. The only way the decision could cause a rift is if the winner chooses to take the car.

The "car curse!" Love it!

No one who won the car won the game, right?
    (dunno Borneo)
    Outback: Colby-Tina
    Kenya: Lex-Ethan
    Marquesas: Sean-Vecepia
    Thailand: Ted-Brian
    Amazon: Mathew-Jenna
    Pearl Islands: Burton-Sandra
    (dunno All-Stars)
    Eliza-Chris
    Ian-Tom

I wonder who's gonna win it- I think Rafe would definitely choose to give the other four cars, but I could see all four of the ladies choosing to keep their own instead. Maybe Stephenie wins this challenge?
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fogey
    Cindy better watch her step. All it'll take is one person to flip to ensure her boot. Then again they tried to make us think Judd would blow up in the same situation, yet he didn't, despite being much more hotheaded.

I was thinking that as well. The car curse at least needs to make you think twice, aside from offering up a bribe and trying to look like the good guy. Combine that with the fact that they're going to be offering up a gas guzzler and that each spot you gain is worth $15k, and it makes sense to give away the cars unless you think you're going in the very next boot. Then there's also the consideration that there's always the chance they'll give you the car anyway, either after the challenge or at the reunion show.

I agree the first one is Cindy.

As for the car curse ... I thought whomever won the car was also most often the very next boot ?

I guess if the person who wins it figures they have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the million ( like Lydia ? ) they should take the car.

I also agree that choosing to give up the car in favor of the other four receiving one is not likely to cause a rift ... and I also think the winner will NOT be Danni or Rafe.
    Most likely winner/keepers to cause the rift are Steph or Lydia with Cindy as a remote possibility.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass View Post
    The "car curse!" Love it!

No one who won the car won the game, right?
    (dunno Borneo)
    Outback: Colby-Tina
    Kenya: Lex-Ethan
    Marquesas: Sean-Vecepia
    Thailand: Ted-Brian
    Amazon: Mathew-Jenna
    Pearl Islands: Burton-Sandra
    (dunno All-Stars)
    Eliza-Chris
    Ian-Tom

I wonder who's gonna win it- I think Rafe would definitely choose to give the other four cars, but I could see all four of the ladies choosing to keep their own instead. Maybe Stephenie wins this challenge?
    In All-Stars, Rob won the car challenge (which also had a movie-watching reward). He took Amber with him, and (as it turned out) they also have her one.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I'd keep the car. Sharing or giving rewards does not buy your safety, as Judd found out. Sell the car back to the dealer for good money like Eliza supposedly did. You'd have a #2 payday alltogether if you went out before then.

Am I correct? If you win the car challenge and give away 4 cars, aren't you kinda guaranteeing yourself FOUR jury votes in your favor (if you do make it to F2)? Because after all, a jury member with a brand new car YOU gave them would have to be pretty cold to vote against you...

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Am I correct? If you win the car challenge and give away 4 cars, aren't you kinda guaranteeing yourself FOUR jury votes in your favor (if you do make it to F2)? Because after all, a jury member with a brand new car YOU gave them would have to be pretty cold to vote against you...
    I hadn't thought of that. The other side of the coin is giving up the cars and still being the next one booted. Any decision is going to be a gamble no matter what you do. Talk about being put on the hotseat! If you keep the car, you've got 4 people pissed enough to boot you. If you give the car away you've got 4 people that won't want you in the F2 when you've just bribed your way to maybe getting 3 jury votes. It's a target either way.
    Last edited by Shady64; 12-06-2005 at 11:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread