+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Post-Show Discussion

Yeah, the females were very unimpressive last night.
    They do have the makings of a good tribe, Deena, Jeanne and Joanna and Shawna in particular seem very able.
    I think Heidi did well in the challenge and is promising as long as she stays away from Jenna.
    They probably have a hidden gem in the shape of Christy, given her job as an adventure guide, they just need to take the time to include her and I think they'll see great results from her.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I am so embarrased

to be a girl.

What the heck is wrong with those chicks? They are giving us a bad name. No shelter, no food! They are gonna drown or starve! COME ON! The guys are strong and the girls can't win by wits alone. I was proud of them for winning the challenge and I hope they get their act together pretty soon.

Originally posted by fluff
    They probably have a hidden gem in the shape of Christy, given her job as an adventure guide, they just need to take the time to include her and I think they'll see great results from her.
    Hey, fluff!

I'm not sure how much help Christy will be since she's a children's adventure guide, unless leading the women to a picnic table with Kool-Aid or holding a chinchilla for everyone to pet figures big into this Survivor.

Based on last night's episode, here are my first thoughts about contestants and situations:

CHRISTY: Hell YES my heart went out to this girl when she shed some tears over being left out of conversations and tasks. And HELL YES the other women should have been more considerate of her. (I thought they would, since they were women and we often think of women as being more nurturing. Not only is that a stereotype, but I didn't factor in the CATTINESS FACTOR [TM], which will ultimately work against this camp.)

But she needs to pick herself up off the ground, dust herself off, and assert herself. I hate to sound like the tough guy; if this were a boardroom instead of the Amazon, I would say, "That's right--sensitivity training for all y'all!" But it's not. Group leaves you? Run after them. Can't hear folks? Speak up and say something. Jenna giving you a sneer? Bash that b*tch in the face, close-fisted.

That's right: Life isn't freaking fair in the least, and nobody knows that better than someone who was born with a disadvantage. In this world, born with a disadvantage, in order to be AS good as the next guy, you've got to be BETTER.

The crying won't help her! Imagine, if you will, all the deaf people watching last night, proud that somebody from the deaf community has broken through into reality television, and seeing her be passive-aggressive and crying. (I'm pulling for you, though, Christy, and I think you'll surprise us.) I understand, in a way, how deaf people may feel about Christy because of how I feel about this meatball:

DANIEL: Well, hey, thanks CBS, for putting an Asian person in a reality program. I can't recall the last time I saw an Asian person on one of these things since what's-her-name in Amazing Race and that scrote from the first Big Brother.

Daniel, you're showing the world that Asians don't have to be martial-arts guys to be in entertainment, and with your strength, you're demonstrating that not all Asians are nebbish scientists or mathematicians.

But...DUDE!

The anti-women comments aren't going to win you any female fans, and the poor showing at immunity challenge was PATHETIC. As my co-worker said, buddy, "Some are doers, some are talkers." Do more. Talk less. Show the world what we're made of, brother.

JENNA: Hi, I'm catty, ignorant, close-minded and useless. Remember me?

ROGER: Rog, you might work for a construction company, buddy, and, yes, I admit the shelter is looking mighty fine, but this isn't your company, and these aren't your employees. Comments like "Your boys [aren't doing anything]" isn't going to help.

I, too, hate it when guys like this "take charge" and say things like "They're digging their own grave." How do you know they're not preparing one for you, Rog?

If I were part of the men's camp, I would wait until the shelter were built, and the tasks assigned, then throw an immunity challenge and dump Grampa's ass here. I might not survive Survivor, but at least I would have some peace from his constant harassment.

ROB: The Machiavellian contestant. He'll go far. Maybe not all the way, but far. And, yes love him or hate him, at least he's entertaining.

DAVE: ...is out of his g'damn mind. But, guys being guys, at least while he's around, there are the opportunities for shots like, "Oooh, nice suggestion there, Dave--what are you, some kind of rocket scientist? Hey, wait...!"

The bottom line is, I was getting bored with Survivor, but this was just the twist we needed. I'm interested again, and I enjoyed the premiere very much. I hope they can keep up the interest level.

Something to ponder: When the women are sitting around the fire having dinner, and one of them says, "I need to go powder my nose," does that mean all 7 need to get up and go with her?

FORT Newbie

Don't hate me but.

I saw this posted already, but the first thing that came to my sick mind was that the item left in the womens supplies, that so upset them, was a used tampon. I started laughing & told that same thought to those that were watching the show with me. What will be even funnier is if thats what it is.

I'm guessing the men will have a "who's got the biggest tool" competition. I hope they do and the winner should get some kind of Reward.

I'm not sure I'd be whipping anything out for a contest with all those inexperienced machete-wielders in the group.

I liked it that the guys thought shawna was hot. Jenna must be feeling pretty left out
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

FORT Newbie

So right John

How did you like the warning they all got about being careful with the machete's. Was it Roger who gave that warning just after opening their supply box. What an idiot. There is nothing I would like more then to be lectured the minute I got to the camp site to becareful to not cut myself. Geezz. Thanks for the warning DAD.

Yeah, Roger. "Those machetes can kill you."

Machetes don't kill people, people with machetes kill people.

DANIEL: Well, hey, thanks CBS, for putting an Asian person in a reality program. I can't recall the last time I saw an Asian person on one of these things since what's-her-name in Amazing Race and that scrote from the first Big Brother.
    Um...Shii-Ann from the last Survivor?

FORT Newbie

Canoeing RULE #1

1. Do not stick your oars in the mud below as you will likely float away from them.

+ Reply to Thread