+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Post-Show Discussion

Me toooo! I see a lot of conflict in the future...in both camps!

Originally posted by cali
    oops I thought Rob voted Ryan...

I hope Christy doesn't mention how tough it is to be deaf every episode. I hope that doesn't sound cruel.
    He did.
    Dave voted for Dan.

I guess Dave is either totally out of the loop or just decided to go it alone with his vote.

I didn't think Matthew would vote for Roger.

I wonder what was going on at the women's camp in the preview for next weeks show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ryan gets booted on his birthday.

Well, at least the day the show is aired. Happy birthday Ryan!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I think the women really need to start getting their act together with regard to their shelter situation.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Did someone throw a used tampon in the barrel? That's what first came to my mind.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Ryan gets booted on his birthday.

Well, at least the day the show is aired. Happy birthday Ryan!
    Oh well, Happy Birthday anyway dude.

Originally posted by Mdrio9
    Did someone throw a used tampon in the barrel? That's what first came to my mind.
    Oh good God.
    I sincerely hope not.

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I thought that they do pills to stop their periods while they were in the jungle.

I thought that the women would pull together better than they did. I like Deena, she seems to be trying to get stuff done and trying not to step on toes at the same time. I can not believe that some of them were wasting time on washing underwear and buffs constantly.

I think out of the younger girls that I am going to like Heidi the best...she seems pretty down to earth and practical.

Of the guys I think I will probably root for Alex, Dave and maybe Roger.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

I love the whole boys versus girl twist it adds a much needed new twist on the game and if you ask me a compelling storyline.

I don't know what was more hilarous, watching the womens feeble attempt at setting up a suitable camp or the mens choke job in the challenge. Both performances were so sad that it was funny.

How freaking hard is it to do a puzzle? apparently it is to hard for the rocket scientist. I don't know what was worse that or the mens inability to get over a balance beam. It seem like they wasted like 5 freaking minutes to do that. Jeez it is not that hard. And the women, I mean the men had no trouble deciphering the code what was the problem? Luckily for them it didn't cost them.

I think it was great that the men did lose though, their is nothing better then seeing people as cocky as that lose. I must admit I didn't give the women a chance in any challenges with physicallity involved so I was rather surprised they won. Although it had more to do with the men self destructing then it did with the women actually beating them. But credit needs to go to them none the less they could have easily given up when it appeared they were done for and they kept fighting and gutted it out.

The guys get a fire within thirty seconds and it took the girls six hours? come on you had keroseen and a flint for godsakes. Perhaps the women should have spent more time actually worikng and less time aimlessly standing around gabbing. You know things are out of whack when washing your buffs and unmentionables comes before setting up shelters or gathering so food. From next weeks previews it looks like they get what they deserve for not immeditaly setting forth and building a shelter.

I found it rather fitting when Roger commented that Ryan and Daniel where writing their own demise or something to that sort with their behaviour little did he know that he is also doing the same. He is commiting a classic survivor sin, he is bosing everybody around and it is only a matter of time before his tribe turns on him. Then we got the rocket scientist giving his word to vote with the majority block and then going against it. He is just setting himself up to be votted out in the future. Personally I wish Rob had stuck with Ryan. Roger just rubs me the wrong way. I hate people who play the game he is playing. Clue in already, electing yourself the leader and ordering everyone around does nothing but get you voted out pre merge. If you watched past shows you would know this.

I couldn't help but to feel bad Christy and not because she is deaf but because she is in an impossible position. The women seem to be isolating her and the communication barior is going to likely lead to an early exit. It is to bad to because her ability to read lips could have been an incredible asset. Can you imagine being able to know what two people off to the side are whispering to each other? that would be an incredible advantage but if she can't fit in better she likely won't get a chance to utilize it.

It is early so things could change rather quickly but Daniel, Janet, Roger and Deena are my least favorite. I am not sure who I am going to root for yet. I'll have to wait and see on that one.

It is nice to have survivor back! this years show looks to be back on track after a rather boring previous one.
    Last edited by TheGreenHornet; 02-13-2003 at 11:03 PM.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

+ Reply to Thread