+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Gary voted for Cindy again. I figured when he voted for her the first time it was a throwaway vote. Also they smashed each others jugs of corn. Did I miss something that went on between them?

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCoetzer
    Wonder if Rafe and Cindy have something going on....something that we finally caught a glimpse of tonight? That waterfall jaunt was somewhat revelatory, methinks. They seem really close to Steph and Judd, but they could easily flip the game if they wanted to do so. We're at six now...and it looks like either Lydia or Danni will go next week on night 33.
    I hope you're right. I've thought all along Rafe and Lydia had some sort of alliance, but now I agree with you it could be Rafe and Cindy instead. Maybe that's why Rafe so far has been content to let Steph pretend she's in charge; Cindy would never let Gary stay around for long.

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    While Lydia makes some valid points, she's picked a piss poor manner of going about it. Short of a miracle (immunity win), I can't imagine her climbing out of this alive.
    I have to say, when Lydia was whining about not having gotten any food and acting all indignant that Cyndi chose Rafe instead I was like. "I'm sorry honey....maybe you should try and win something for yourself? A good way to eat is to earn it."
    Come on, did you see the look on her face as she was breaking Stephenie's pots? That was no, "Oh I'm sorry....(wince) I have to break your pot" It was more like "Hell yeah, Beeaaach I'm breaking your pot with gleeee!!!!"
    I'm not sayine Stephenie didn't deserve it, but for Lydia to go back later and say it wasn't personal and that it was just because Stephenie eats a lot is just silly and I am glad Jeff pointed that out.

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    What did Gary say that made Jamie and Bobby Jon laugh? I didn't catch it.
    Was it about everyone worshiping Stephenie and being able to get her autograph after the competition?

Pre-merge, I thought she had a plan. She seemed like she was the one in control. Then she got over to the other side and laid down and died (Gary did all the scheming for her, and she didn't even try to fit in), which is when I stopped rooting for her. The only shot I see for her is if she wins the next two immunities. One thing she's got going for her is the jury's been setup so that it's in a position where it likes her... or at least doesn't dislike her. She can't actually backstab anyone because nobody's on her side to begin with.
    I have a strange theory, but I am going to throw it out there anyway. I did notice that Danni was getting little to no camera time this week. I think that could mean she is not going home quite yet. Lydia, on the other hand, has had a huge jump in camera time. Is it possible that Danni has some sort of alliance, secret alliance, with one of the power players (my money would be on Stephenie). She would be the perfect person to keep around as a critical swing vote when it comes to turning on your own. I mean, the best thing you can do in an alliance that is coming to the end is wait for others in your alliance to do something to make the others want to vote them out, not you. Judd and Lydia are perfectly set up for this type of fall. I don't think Danni will go next week because the power four can afford to let one of themselves loose for the sake of getting to the end (a Jamie type of let go). Danni could come in and pull a great swing vote for someone and perhaps just get herself in the final three. Judd and Lydia have let just enough rope out (Judd most likely has more) to hang themselves.
    Making a big deal about Stephenie running the thing could turn out working in her favor because who better to sit in the final two with then the one that everyone can't stand.
    Just a thought....
    Last edited by tickerrose; 11-25-2005 at 09:24 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose
    I have a strange theory, but I am going to throw it out there anyway. I did notice that Danni was getting little to no camera time this week. I think that could mean she is not going home quite yet. Lydia, on the other hand, has had a huge jump in camera time. Is it possible that Danni has some sort of alliance, secret alliance, with one of the power players (my money would be on Stephenie). She would be the perfect person to keep around as a critical swing vote when it comes to turning on your own.
    Unless 3 of the 4 have a Final 3 alliance then Danni would be useful to keep around. If it is split up 2-2 (Judd and Steph) and (Rafe and Cindy) then the logical thing to do is to make a deal with Danni and vote out Lydia next with the promise to take her to the Final 3 (you tell her 3 but you mean 4 depending on who wins immunity that episode).

Snoozin' on the beach
    Judd and Steph do not seem to have said anything that would potentially harm them with the jury. Nobody seems to have said anything that would harm themselves. Judd lied about lying, but the jury has bigger worries than that.
    Each instance alone may not be enough to sway someones vote but they add up, especially if it's someone that has not already decided one way or another by the time they get to loser lodge. Making a stink when it serves no purpose except to make yourself look bad just gives people more ammunition to not vote for you. It wouldn't be the first time someone has won this game, not because of a vote for them, but because of a jury vote against their opponent.

If your there to win a million dollars and title of sole sourvivor, swallow your bullshit and attitude and put on a fake face to win. Half the battle is in appearances, especially with some immature jury members that will vote out of emotion and spite.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    I saw Bobby Jon and Jamie laughing with Judd. Judd was mimicing Gary swirling his lies all over camp. Jamie knows Judd didn't vote for him, that he's still down with Judd, not Gary. I think Jamie told BJ that Gary said he'd cast a vote for BJ. They liked seeing Gary get called out. Judd was wrong in his use of the word "lie" regarding Gary (what a ridiculous thing to have to type after all of Gary's lies), but technically, Judd was right about Gary's duplicity. I wish that word had occured to Judd instead of "lies", because Gary would have been robbed of that one last sickeningly smug smirk. Though, in the end, Judd and his boys on the jury laughed best.
    Even though BJ is a gentleman to the core, I hope both he and Jamie shine Gary on at the jury house. Game over Mr. Gary Hogawash.

No they were laughing about Gary comment about Stephanie.
    Neither Jamie or Bobby Jon is Stephanie's biggest fan and I am sure she realized last night that she cannot count on their votes if she makes it to final 2.

Snoozin' on the beach
    This episode had alot of funny stuff in it. Gary's comment was priceless. Looking around the net at the other Survivor boards, everyone is getting a huge laugh out of it. That was a real zinger

I thought it was hilarious during the Q & A challenge when Jeff said "reveal" and after everyone showed their answer, Steph looked at the answer of the person next to her and changed her answer....and still got it wrong!

FORT Fogey
    Gary voted for Cindy again. I figured when he voted for her the first time it was a throwaway vote. Also they smashed each others jugs of corn. Did I miss something that went on between them?
    Safest vote again. Despite moving up two spots, she's still the low woman on the totem pole. Of course, the fact that she's doing nothing yet has moved up two spots suggests to me that the concept of making some big crazy move seems even less appealing an option for her.

I did notice that Danni was getting little to no camera time this week. I think that could mean she is not going home quite yet. Lydia, on the other hand, has had a huge jump in camera time. Is it possible that Danni has some sort of alliance, secret alliance, with one of the power players (my money would be on Stephenie). She would be the perfect person to keep around as a critical swing vote when it comes to turning on your own.
    Danni rarely gets camera time, but all it takes is one episode of camera time for the boom to be lowered. I don't think she's got an alliance with anyone, but I do think she could play a key swing vote role at 5 or 6. Here's my problem with keeping her around from the dominant side, though. She's played a lousy game, but she hasn't pissed off anyone. The latter will go further in a jury vote. Also, although she's not been particularly ineffective in challenges thus far, she's still a physical threat. She's great if they get in a bind, and someone should be smart enough to be working on a backup plan (quietly)... but each of the 4 is better off maintaining the status quo rather than doing anything to shake things up.

+ Reply to Thread