+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Snoozin' on the beach
    I loved how Gary outed Judd on the lie. I laughed when Judd just gets through saying he hasn't lied yet and then got totally busted and acting like it was nothing.

I'm just realizing Gary has a really dry sense of humor (and it wasn't just dullness) but that comment about the autograph was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I think they consider Steph a threat because the others worship her and would do whatever she says. I wish she would just go away.
    That's precisely why I consider her a threat, because we see people like Judd, Rafe and Cindy worshipping her to the point that the last thing left for them to do is kiss the ground she walks on and kiss her butt. True, some of the jury might go for not voting for her to take the million because she already had a chance before, but considering how very tight most of her alliance mates are with her, I personally would prefer not risking it.

I was really disappointed with Stephanie and that 'jealousy' comment she made to Lydia. It was uncalled for and someone who prides herself on her sportsmanship that was a pretty poor example of it. In fact Stephanie is pretty much a hypocrite as far as claiming to be sportmanlike. She is so petty and consistently displays poor sportmanship in every challenge, in her confessionals, and in that display after the reward challenge. The beautiful thing about the immunity challenge is that it displays Judd's and Stephanie's weakness. They are both dumb.

I did like Rafe's expression when Gary outed Judd's lie during Tribal Council. I do think that Gary should have outed Judd a lot sooner. I do think that there is a possiblity that Judd may be the next to go. Right now, Cindy and Rafe look like a very strong 1 2 combination.

What happened in the previews, my vcr cut off?????

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Well, we finally get to learn more about Lydia for the first time since episode 2 or 3. I wish she would have implanted that they need to get rid of Queen Steph into everyone else's minds, since she was the only one here to realize it. Speaking of Queen Steph, she's officially gone from my favorite last season, to least-favorite contestant this show has ever had in the matter of this episode alone. She's so full of herself. They've all had their share of food rewards?! Ok, let me put out a little chart here and let's all try to see her logic behind it. Since the merge:

Steph - Merge feast; steak/lobster/hamburger in spear throwing challenge; luxury home reward; 3 times
    Judd - Steak/lobster for spear throwing challenge; luxury home reward; 2 times
    Danni - Spaghetti for spear throwing; luxury home reward; 2 times
    Gary - Slice of pizza for spear throwing (I don't count it as a meal); luxury home reward; 1 time
    Cindy - Chicken & vegetables for spear throwing; 1 time
    Rafe - Merge feast; ham sandwich for spear throwing (doesn't count); 1 time
    Lydia - Merge feast; a small fish for spear throwing (doesn't count); 1 time

Yeah Queen Steph. "We're all about even" my ass! And to back up her "boo hoo for Lydia, she's starving out here," it was Queen Steph who was whining and complaining that there wasn't a traditional merge feast. Oh, she's starving out here. Boo hoo for Queen Steph.

To continue on with the reward challenge, it didn't surprise me to see Queen Steph, Judd, Danni, and Gary out first. Queen Steph for the reasons stated above in that she's chowed down more than anyone, Judd because he was out of the loop and has caused friction, and Danni & Gary because obviously they are the last remaining Yaxha members and are in the minority. Glad Cindy won.

Immunity challenge, no surprise Rafe won. He's totally going to be this season's Immunity Hog, and I say that in a good way. I didn't like him in the beginning of the season, but as of right now, I am totally up for him, Danni, Lydia, and Cindy to team up and take out Judd & Queen Steph.

Didn't see much of Danni this episode, which makes me think that she's going to become a major player when this winds down. If she can survive this next vote, she could potentially become the swing vote and assure herself into the final 3. Judd looks like he's on his way out the door. Rafe and Cindy looked kind of disturbed that Gary caught him lying about the Immunity Idol. Hopefully they will take notice and ditch him.

I'm glad that Lydia called out Queen Steph at TC about how she's calling the shots, and is essentially, the person in charge. Queen Steph denies, obviously. But I'm wondering, if she says she's not in control, then I'd like to know what her answer would be if she were asked who is. She obviously doesn't have many choices, and she can't pick Lydia, since she "wonders how she made it to day 29," (uhhh, because you haven't voted her out yet?), can't pick Gary, since she was getting rid of him anyways, probably can't pick Danni since she's an outsider also, can't pick Cindy since she's kind of tacked on to their alliance, probably can't pick Judd since he wasn't informed of Jamie's boot beforehand, and she really can't pick Rafe because he's done nothing but lay low and let everyone who is Immunity-less dig their own graves. Argh.

Ok, that's enough. Sorry for all the Queen Steph hate, but after this episode I almost would have rather slammed my head into a brick wall than to have to see her on my television screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    What happened in the previews, my vcr cut off?????
    It was mainly about Danni, says she's feeling the pressure, and she says she is not going down without a fight, plus it looks like they'll all be getting a big shocker in the next challenge, because it showed a few of them staring with their jaws hanging, while Rafe chuckled and said something, I think about how unbelieveable it is, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    It was mainly about Danni, says she's feeling the pressure, and she says she is not going down without a fight, plus it looks like they'll all be getting a big shocker in the next challenge, because it showed a few of them staring with their jaws hanging, while Rafe chuckled and said something, I think about how unbelieveable it is, or something along those lines.
    Thanks, Rembrandt, 'preciate it.

Oh, I was just looking at the tribe photos and realized that from the original tribes there are 3 vs 3. (Lydia, Rafe and Steph from the original Yaxha vs Danni, Cindy and Judd from the original Nakum) That's kinda unusual this late in the game.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 11-24-2005 at 10:36 PM.

FORT Fogey
    I consider a "threat" to be the person that keeps winning it or comes so close to winning it time and time again. Actions speak louder than words and you can't judge a book by it's cover.
    Most of the time you can. Ian's the only clear argument I can recall against it, although Rafe may ultimately be another Ian.

I think they consider Steph a threat because the others worship her and would do whatever she says.
    Last year she was the outsider, but everyone was scared of her then, too, even if it made no sense considering people like Gregg and Tom.

it was Queen Steph who was whining and complaining that there wasn't a traditional merge feast.
    Either her or her and the majority of the tribe. One of those two.

Danni better stay because if not, I will only root for Step even though I am getting to not like her for her attitude. She was the outsider aka "misfit" in Palau but the leader of the group of losers in this one!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Okay, I was happy to see Gary go tonight. I was hoping that the "shake up" would have a bigger impact but I knew it wouldn't. Now hopefully Lydia follows him because really, she is so useless and I'm sure will throw a fit ifwhen her alliance finally cuts the cord that she's been holding onto since the start. I can just imagine her final words now. Rafe is also grating. And while I'm hoping for so much, my one hope for this season now is for Cindy to win it. She's surprised be in not being as strategic or conniving as I thought she would be, but I consider her a lot better than Lydia and a more worthy winner, even if she did turn into a sheep. I would say Danni, but I'm sure she's as a good as gone if not next week, then the week after
    Last edited by karalott; 11-25-2005 at 12:14 AM.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I was never on the Stephanie bandwagon this season, but I didn't dislike her, either. I thought it was nice that she got another chance, because she really got screwed in the previous season.

However, after her attitude in this episode, Stephanie is on my "Please Boot" list. Just a weensy bit arrogant there, are we Steph?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread