+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's Who? - Role Call

Very accurate

Rampant lip crust

Thanks guys

Welcome to the site Amandra Lynn
    "That's Numberwang!"

Nice profiles, fluff! I'd offer that Radical Individualist-Idealist and wears-it-on-his/her-sleeve-shouts-it-from-the-rooftop-and-on-the-street-corner Moralist might be two other profiles. The Radical-Individualist-Idealist type would be like Colorado Greg, the Army Captain [Sal?];
    The Dallas Dentist; Kentucky Commune ___; and this time rocket scientist Pasadena Dave. These guys are so locked into their world of ___ that adaptation to /or adoption of the group convention is a near impossible hurdle to clear--an albatross, or cross to bear. The Moralist in previous episodes, oh, I forgot his name, Dirk? from Nebraska; Rudy's toilet paper provider; the weird yoga guy; etc.; Episode 6's Moralist will surely be Joanna.
    There could be some cross-over between the cast personas, or read conflict, which is what the producer is banking on, I'd wager--so Captain Sal and Greg and Pasadena Dave might rate on both scales, equally. Well, not Colorado Greg, he's surely ethical, and not much into morals, but for the sake of categorization, I dumb him down in with the others. I just remembered a nice quote from an Emerson essay which develops a bit more the Radical Individualist-Idealist type vis-a-vis Survivor survivability: ~"On him who scorned the world, the scorned world wreaks its revenge."
    Last edited by Tuluminous; 02-15-2003 at 04:13 PM.

Originally posted by Tuluminous
    Nice profiles, fluff!
    Well said! I agree!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

at Bill

Third time's the charm, Bill. Go for it.

And how could we forget: Survivor has to have a couple of "gays"

Yes, having some kook eternally 'mumbling [singing] his[/her] Ten Commandments" or whatever can be offensive, even to the religious. How I'd love to see one team equally numbered of fundamentalist Christian and Muslim Survivors, together encamped...

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Now we have more than a few Survivors under our belts , the casting is pretty clear. Well done Fluff !( Isn't it scary to be channelling MB?)

Very
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by Tuluminous
    Third time's the charm, Bill. Go for it.

And how could we forget: Survivor has to have a couple of "gays"

Yes, having some kook eternally 'mumbling [singing] his[/her] Ten Commandments" or whatever can be offensive, even to the religious. How I'd love to see one team equally numbered of fundamentalist Christian and Muslim Survivors, together encamped...
    ANd who, praytell, are the "couple of gays" that Survivor "has to have" this time? :rolleyes

ANd who, praytell, are the "couple of gays" that Survivor "has to have" this time?
    I don't know, of course, but time will tell, not prayers.

I didn't see the first 30 min or so of SA episode 1, but I would not be surprised to learn that Alex and Matthew were out and about roving blades. On a more private note, when any fellow over the age of 16 serially, public-like-a-frog professs his love of women, well, don't drop your soap in the shower, eh? Apply this proviso to any of the remaining players, as you will.:cool:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast