+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 12 Going Back to Panama, premieres Feb. 6th

I suppose it goes with the rumour that S12 will be another "novelty sized" Survivor.

If not an All-Stars, then a Celeb or "Other Reality Show Contestants" season.

And it's the place to say goodbye to Jeff.

If they were looking for nostalgia, perhaps going back to the beach of Survivor 1 would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi

And it's the place to say goodbye to Jeff.
    Say goodbye to Jeff?!?!?!?! Is this a rumor or fact?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    I suppose it goes with the rumour that S12 will be another "novelty sized" Survivor.

If not an All-Stars, then a Celeb or "Other Reality Show Contestants" season.
    Okay, you lost me there I hadn't heard that S12 was going to be any of those (and I doubt an AS show, because they've only done three normal seasons since the last one). Besides, Probst and Burnett hated it so much the first time it's doubtful one would happen for a long time. And that's the first I've heard of S12 being anything other than a normal season with 18 contestants.

Karalott, that's quite an interesting source you dug up!
    Not much digging, unless you call the first hit on a google search digging But I was hoping for more info about the show, and less about the location.

Survivor 7: Pearl Islands was set in Panama, and Survivor 8: All-Stars occured in Panama as well (because it was simply the easiest thing to do with the time constraints they had).
    Burnett wanted Palau for AS, but as you said, I think the timing was bad and there were things they couldn't get approved or decided on before they were set to start filming.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-25-2005 at 01:12 AM.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    It still is an intriquing idea...an all-star survivor. They need to re-name it though, that first group...too many took the title too literally. Drop the "stars", because aside from any winners, they're all losers. There are players from S9, 10 & 11 I'd like to see play again (Amy from S9 for one), it could be completely revamped from that first disaster. The casting needs to disregard want public opinion wants, and just cast by what they know of each survivor as a player. I'd look forward to another one.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    It still is an intriquing idea...an all-star survivor. They need to re-name it though, that first group...too many took the title too literally. Drop the "stars", because aside from any winners, they're all losers. There are players from S9, 10 & 11 I'd like to see play again (Amy from S9 for one), it could be completely revamped from that first disaster. The casting needs to disregard want public opinion wants, and just cast by what they know of each survivor as a player. I'd look forward to another one.
    I think they disregarded who the public wanted the first time. Otherwise, I doubt we would have seen the likes of Amber, Shii-Ann, and both Jenna's again. I wasn't really for having all those winners back, because it was obvious they were all going to be targeted. Plus, I had heard that Tina and Ethan had to practically be knocked out and dragged back because they didn't want to come. Rumor had it Ethan was like Brian, and actually wanted to be paid an appearance fee plus whatever prize money he had coming his way. AS looked like something they just threw together last minute, and while there were a lot of things that went wrong, casting was the number one thing, imo. I do think they would learn from it though, should it ever happen again. And yes, there are some people from S9-11 that I'd like to see again (though most of them were early boots so I doubt that would happen, but I would agree with your pick on Ami, and I also think they should include some from PI, since Rupert was the only one picked and probably wouldn't have been if his popularity wasn't so high) but I just don't think they could get a good enough mix after just three seasons. And judging from comments I've seen, I think it will be awhile before anyone would even consider sitting through another AS season. Give me a few more seasons of newbies first.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    ...there are some people from S9-11 that I'd like to see again (though most of them were early boots so I doubt that would happen...
    It would be good if they could look beyond where the contestant placed in the game, but rather how they were as a survivors, regardless of the boot order. I'd love to see Amy and Brandon play again from S11. I'd like to see Vanuatu's Brady get another shot, see if he's learned anything (clueless as he was gorgeous ). Forget the boot order, that's where this whole freaking "stars" concept came from. They really need to do away with that.

Seeing as islands are a draw I'd like to see Survivor: Devil's Island, as well as
    Survivor: Parris Island

Of course on thing going against what I posted earlier is that we are currently in a sort of mini AllStars season right now.

Bring back old players again next season would be repetitive overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by cable101 View Post
    Eh, it's all the same to me, honestly. The location only plays so much of a part in the game, and once you see one island, you've seen them all as far as Survivor is concerned.
    But it shouldn't be that way. Weather and environmental factors used to matter in this game. Actually, to give them credit, Pearl Islands was the last version I remember actually SEEING some bad weather on air (although it had been a few seasons before that since the previous time). Remember Jerri getting the @^$* beat out of her by that storm? Now THAT'S good TV.

Ideally the location matters--and for more than just stupid pirate or mayan or african or aussie outback lame cultural tidbits. It should be another character in the drama we are seeing. Instead the show takes them out of that environment far too often these days, and into lame rewards and corporate sponsorships. I mean what's more important? Folgers coffe and Pringles moments or digging in the dirt for grubs? I want to see the grubs.

The more time passes, the more I hope they get off this island theme. Most of my favorite seasons have been on mainland areas.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Palau had a whopper of a storm. Janu almost blew away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast