+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    Yeah the rock that drove everyone nuts trying to figure out it's point in the show..............nothing.

I wish they would hide the idol each week. That would shake up the ranks.
    Rock? I have forgotton. What was with the rock thingy in vanuatu.(dont mean to go to far off topic)

Quote Originally Posted by Survivornut
    Rock? I have forgotton. What was with the rock thingy in vanuatu.(dont mean to go to far off topic)
    As weak as my memory is about Vanuatu, the infamous "Spirit Rock" made an appearance in the first episode of the season, but was never again shown. Vanuatu began with an elaborate ritual done by the natives of the land in which a pig was killed and a rock was placed on the top of a greased pole. The men were given the oppurtunity to attempt to get it down first (because men were regarded more highly in Vanuatu culture), and Brady succeeded in doing so. The entire event led us to believe that the Spirit Rock had some type of signficance, but it was never even mentioned for the rest of the season (except, I believe for a brief confessional comment about its luckiness). It was this rock that factored largely into Vanuatu's title of one of the poorest premieres of all time.

All of this is IIRC.

Oh yeah..now i remember, i think the group that had the rock left it lying around constantly and the team that had the rock was on a losing streak and rory (not sure) placed it up on a tree or something (so it wasnt lying around) and they started winning challenges. Or they did better!That was a while ago, but i think i remember something like that...

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Not to split hairs here, but it was actually the "spirit stone". Chris, Twila and Scout took it with them to "Hat Island", where it was place at the grave of Roy Mata.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345