+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    It's interesting why Rafe gave the immunity to Gary (does he have an original alliance with him?) instead of a fellow gay guy like Brian. Brian should have made it clearer that he is the next to go such that Rafe could have given him the immunity and made the dynamics even more interesting.
    Hehe..."fellow gay guy."
    Anyway, Brian told Rafe to give immunity to Gary (we weren't shown it on the show) because Brian thought that giving immunity to either himself or Amy would ruin his plans. Brian had planned to have the vote result in a 3-2-1 boot of Bobby Jon (BJ-Amy-Brian), and so he wanted immunity to go to Gary so that there would be no risk of the former Nakums voting differently. He had no idea he was going, and was sure that his being given the immunity would actually result in the former Yaxha half's downfall.

On a different note, I wish they should have just returned the other two Survivors from last season who never had the chance to play it (Wanda and Jonathan?) instead of BJ and Steph.
    Eh, there was a reason those two didn't make it onto tribes in Palau. Although I'd love to see Wanda have a fighting chance at Survivor, I wouldn't want to see her or Jonathan come back any more than I wanted to see Steph and BJ return (which is not at all). Blame it on the purist in me, I suppose.

Oh I don't know that. How did you know?

Also many has not pointed out about Gary finding the idol. I don't think he will make things worse by announcing to everybody that he found the idol on the ground. He would probably tell the others privately. The thing is, nobody saw where Gary found the idol so Judd will deny that he lied about it. It's Gary's word against Judd's.

On a different note, I wish they should have just returned the other two Survivors from last season who never had the chance to play it (Wanda and Jonathan?) instead of BJ and Steph.
    Jonathan would be fine, but Wanda would just be voted out first anyway and viewers would have stopped watching after they got sick of hitting the mute button each time she was on camera.

Oh I don't know that. How did you know?
    Brian explained it all in his post-show interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Jonathan would be fine, but Wanda would just be voted out first anyway and viewers would have stopped watching after they got sick of hitting the mute button each time she was on camera.
    Aw, I loved Wanda. She went through such measures to ensure that she would last on the show; she was probably one of the most well-prepared Survivors ever. She simply looked weaker than the others (due to her age) and so ended up being picked last.
    Jonathan, on the other hand, succeeded in getting himself booted despite his obvious fitness. You have to be a pretty uncharismatic person to pull that off, and I think his chances in Guatemala wouldn't have been much better than they were in Palau.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Not just looked weak---that singing voice! I'm guessing no one wanted to be subjected to more of that! Lucky for us viewers! Otherwise I agree she seemed like a nice woman, and I was sorry she didn't at least get a few days on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Not just looked weak---that singing voice! I'm guessing no one wanted to be subjected to more of that!
    She's adamant about the fact that her singing didn't get on anybody's nerves, and several people have said her songs were more interesting and funny than annoying.

Of course, one confessional from Willard was enough to edit in a story that Wanda was last to be picked due mainly to her songs. After all, it would be a bit unfair if the older woman didn't have a chance solely due to her physical weaknesses. At least, that's how the producers saw it.

I'm O.K. with Bobby Jon coming back this season because he was never actually voted off. He lost a fire challenge. Steph was voted out fair and square.

FORT Fogey
    Bobby Jon himself acknowledges he lost fair and square. I'm okay with him coming back, although it's pretty clear he had no prayer of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    Bobby Jon himself acknowledges he lost fair and square.
    Not to beat a dead horse, but the fact that Bobby Jon can be gracious about his loss does not mean his departure did not include unfair circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    However, if it had led to the boot of a fan favorite, everyone would be complaining that the vote and immunity idol was executed in such a way. Remember when Gary was given immunity by Rafe, but it was not revealed until after the vote was complete? Most people were angry that Bobby Jon may have gotten the boot if Brian has been given immunity instead of Gary. You can't have it both ways, and the producers decided to take the safe way out of the immunity idol reveal and ensure that no controversy was brought up about the boot being unfair.

I understand what you are saying, however, if Jeff had told them "Time to vote. And, by the way, if you are holding the immunity idol, you can reveal it after I tally the votes, and you will be safe if your name comes up." Also, as I have been told many times during my *that's unfair* rants, nothing is fair in this game. If everyone is told beforehand what will happen, no one can scream unfair. That is the twists and turns of the game.

+ Reply to Thread