+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think Jamie lied about Gary counting on the fact that he would be gone at TC so there wouldn't be time for Gary to expose the lie. I'm curious to see how the Jamie and Judd lies play out. Two bad we can't have a double boot at tribal council next week.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    Having only read about what happened last night (I'm on strike against this ridiculous "Steph-All-The-Time-Until-She-Wins" crap, as some of you may know), I'm going to share a thought I've had for a few weeks now - is it possible that Steph and Gary really do still have an alliance, which they are keeping secret? I know it looked as though he were going home last night were it not for his stroke of luck, but maybe Steph helped him find the idol...
    someone tell me why this thinking is wrong, come on, keep this season interesting to me for some reason... please?
    I don't believe they have a secret alliance. She doesn't want Gary around. he's an immunity threat and he's been on both sides so he has alot of alliances to sneak in.She definitly doesn't want him for F2. As dull as Gary has been, he will get the votes against her. She's had her chance, its her second time. Realistically, they all can use that arguement. The only one she really has a chance of beating is Jamie.

If there was ever any doubt that she wanted him gone, her lie to him confirmed it to him and us. It was such a pisspoor attempt at lying. "will you tell me if I am going home"? "if I know about it, I will". I laughed at that. Right, your in the core alliance, making the descions and you might not know about a boot your majority is doing? All that aside, she gave a vague non-commit answer which sounded more like an explaination of future events to cover her ass. Not a yes or a no.That's the mark of someone that is lying. It screamed "your next and I'm not telling you but I need your vote".

Gary lied in TC exactly how it should be done. Short, fast, to the point...."no"
    I have no problems with anyone lying in the game but if your gonna do it, at least be smart about it and do it right.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Judd's main mistake was being a bad liar. I don't blame him in the least for the attempt. But he was very transparent, and I think Gary probably followed him around BECAUSE of the crappy quality of his lying.
    I think it's better to say nothing but if he wants to lie, do it right. I agree with you. Judd could have lied and gotten away with it had he taken each person aside and said it's on the ground, "I am telling you because I'd rather see one of us in the core alliance get it instead of gary, BJ or Danni. He could have even told the Yaxha 3 individually and then IF any of them ( Gary, BJ, Danni) caught him in a lie, they just figure he was sabatoging only them to get them out of the game. They already know they are going to get Pagonged with or without the idol. They'd have no reason to think he told his own alliance a lie along with them and that would be the end of it, no comparing of notes or announcing the lie to all

Lying to everyone just made it easier for his own alliance turn on him if he did get caught. I can imagine what was going through everyones mind when he told all of them about the clue as a group. His own alliance must be wondering why he is he giving clues to the people we are getting rid of next, helping them to save themselves? The Yaxha 3 should have known he was not giving them a legitamite clue and a chance to save themselves. The only thing I am surprised about is only Gary was spying on him. The lie was so transparent and made no sense at all to tell the Yaxha 3. Huge red flags were going up for all of them. with that lie

At TC you could almost hear the "Oh sh*t" echo in Judd's head when Gary pulled out that idol. The deer caught in headlights look he had when Jeff asked about him lying said it all. He's screwed and he knows it

FORT Fogey
    I don't know if anyone has posted this, but on CBS.com Steph is finally losing ground and is not in first place.
    I hadn't noticed that. It's strange that being a jackass has gotten Bobby Jon so much extra support. Of course, he's been a jackass to Jamie, who's a less likeable jackass, which is where the justification to support him comes from. Everyone else who's been eliminated has fallen, which if it holds true again should bump Steph to first and Gary to second.

Danni- It's time for her to work some magic. She will probably see that Gary must have voted for Cindy and is therefore bailing on her. Now is a good time to reveal the football lie. Gary can counter with the Judd lie and the Jaime lie and hopefully stir up some controversy. Once the evil 3 are gone she will have a good chance against the worthless 3.
    Danni seems to me like she's just lying down and playing dead, and I'm not so sure anyone really cares about the football lie (though it won't hurt to try).

I used to like Steph, too, but between her first complaining that her tribe never won anything, and now acting like she is queen bee, she is getting annoying.
    Her tribe never did win anything, and now she is the queen bee.

This would have been the perfect time for Rafe, Cindy and Lydia to take over. Oh well.
    Too early still.

Tom had the brains, brawn and repsect for the game like no else.
    And two useless lemmings to hand it to him. He was a very poor Survivor, though he was a likeable father figure (usually works out very well) and a physical threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I don't believe they have a secret alliance. She doesn't want Gary around. he's an immunity threat and he's been on both sides so he has alot of alliances to sneak in.She definitly doesn't want him for F2. As dull as Gary has been, he will get the votes against her. She's had her chance, its her second time. Realistically, they all can use that arguement. The only one she really has a chance of beating is Jamie.

If there was ever any doubt that she wanted him gone, her lie to him confirmed it to him and us. It was such a pisspoor attempt at lying. "will you tell me if I am going home"? "if I know about it, I will". I laughed at that. Right, your in the core alliance, making the descions and you might not know about a boot your majority is doing? All that aside, she gave a vague non-commit answer which sounded more like an explaination of future events to cover her ass. Not a yes or a no.That's the mark of someone that is lying. It screamed "your next and I'm not telling you but I need your vote".

Gary lied in TC exactly how it should be done. Short, fast, to the point...."no"
    I have no problems with anyone lying in the game but if your gonna do it, at least be smart about it and do it right.
    I agree with you, and if Gary trusted Stephanie because they had an alliance, he would have not used the immunity idol last night. He would have taken her word for it that he was safe.
    I don't mind lying in this game either- but I think Gary's lie is different than Judds lie. Gary has a reason to lie but Judd lied to be mean. He didn't need to even say anything.

FORT Fogey
    Anyone else dissappointed that they did not allow the voting to go first and than if someone had the immunity that was voted out could say sorry folks I am safe. That would have exposed Steph as a liar and also exposed the rest of the voters pecking order a little more. I think the producers should have added that little bit of fun to the thing. It would have been more slam for Gary if he would have seen he was voted out as I saw the eppy it did not look like he knew it was him only that he was a maybe.

FORT Fogey
    Looks like Steph will reclaim the top poll position if you give it another hour. Edit: Or 5 minutes.

Gary has a reason to lie but Judd lied to be mean. He didn't need to even say anything.
    Judd lied for a reason, too. Whether his reason is acceptable may be the question.

Anyone else dissappointed that they did not allow the voting to go first and than if someone had the immunity that was voted out could say sorry folks I am safe.
    If they did this, the person wouldn't need to use the thing until absolutely necessary, whereas now they had to make a judgment call as to when they felt it was best.
    Last edited by user name; 11-11-2005 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I was surprised that they didn't give them practice shots at the target for RC. The challenges this season have been very good. I like the way they continue to try to tie them into the native culture. I expected the women to do better than the men in the IC, but they all sucked.
    They actually did let them practice beforehand - the pictures on the CBS website from this episode show them practicing with the spear thing around their camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Saige
    Anyone else dissappointed that they did not allow the voting to go first and than if someone had the immunity that was voted out could say sorry folks I am safe. That would have exposed Steph as a liar and also exposed the rest of the voters pecking order a little more. I think the producers should have added that little bit of fun to the thing. It would have been more slam for Gary if he would have seen he was voted out as I saw the eppy it did not look like he knew it was him only that he was a maybe.
    I agree. Let them vote, then ask if anyone had the idol they wanted to use. That would have been great: Gary gets most votes, but can't be voted out, so the next person with the votes does- which would have been Stephanie.

Quote Originally Posted by user name

If they did this, the person wouldn't need to use the thing until absolutely necessary, whereas now they had to make a judgment call as to when they felt it was best.
    Not really though. If they voted first, but didn't read the votes yet. Then ask if anyone wants to use the idol (it would still be a judgement call for them- for example, Gary may not have gotten any votes, but still used the idol for safety). It's a gamble for the idol finder also.

+ Reply to Thread