+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the season now predictable?

Based on nothing beyond wishful thinking, as usual for me, order of elimination--

Gary
    Nobby Jon
    Danni
    Staph
    Lamie
    Rafe
    Judd
    Cindy
    Lydia--winner!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I'm not good at interpreting the editing and confession tally but there are a few here that are good at it. What I like about that kind of analysis is it gives us a working blueprint of what will happen without it being a flat out spoiler. There is always that "X" factor that can't be predicted...someone freaking out, an injury, a quitter.

Palua was spoiled right down the line from almost the beginning. No fun. The analysis reminds me of a game of Clue-- you can rule out the usual suspects up to a certain point as the game progresses. Even though you have a good idea who might be to go each week, you never know for certain until that episode unfolds and possibly the unexpected event happens that we didn't see coming, changes it.
    Same here on my lack of ability to interpret .. and I really enjoy the analyses of those with the talent to interpret so well.

That said, I (personally) like to consider possibilities that may seem 180 out from what is logical to the talented analysts, but are based partly on hope that it will NOT be predictable and that both the nature of people and the nature of the game itself will turn things upside down and result in some unexpected entertainment.

I guess we all play the survivor game vicariously here.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Leo
    Premium Member
    I don't think this season is predictable at all. What strikes me as important so far is that there is a lack of two things that can make for a predictable series of boots:

- No one person is definitely calling the shots. The boot so far was almost like low-lying fruit; there was no good reason for Rafe, Cindy, or Lydia not to vote for Brandon game-wise. The same could be said for a future Bobby Jon vote. Beyond that, the picture changes. None of these people look like really good manipulators who can make everyone else work for their benefit.

- Weak alliances. Is there a clear, rock-solid alliance that we've been shown so far? Rafe, Cindy, and Lydia are in the winning alliance almost by accident. They're not tied to Steph/Jamie/Judd very closely. Rafe is already uneasy with Jamie - it would not take much for someone else to convince him to target Jamie if they work hard enough at it. I suspect there's a hidden alliance of sorts between those three I mentioned at the start.

There are enough wild-cards in this group to make predictions just about useless. With no one in clear control, and alliances that don't appear so strong, this is a formula for lots of power shifts that could really upset the pecking order.

Getting too predicitable in my opinion. But that said, if for some ungodly reason Judd/Jamie/Steph end up the F3 then I hope it comes down to Judd/Jamie. The jury will have only themselves to blame from the start of the game and the merge.
    There's no place like home!

I think we're heading towards a Jamie/Judd/Stephenie final three, depending on immunities obviously.

I can't see Rafe, Lydia and Cindy making any major plays in this game, so they look to just be meekly heading towards their fate of finishing 4th, 5th and 6th in whatever order.
    I would love for someone to make a play and stop this season chugging along towards what looks like an obvious conclusion, but I don't know that anyone has the bottle to do it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think we're heading towards a Jamie/Judd/Stephenie final three, depending on immunities obviously.

I can't see Rafe, Lydia and Cindy making any major plays in this game, so they look to just be meekly heading towards their fate of finishing 4th, 5th and 6th in whatever order.
    I would love for someone to make a play and stop this season chugging along towards what looks like an obvious conclusion, but I don't know that anyone has the bottle to do it.
    That would be the worst final 3 ever. Right along with being the worst final 6 ever. The only one I could see trying to do something is Cindy, but unfortuantely I think she'll try to stage an uprising too late in the game. Because I just don't see Rafe/Lydia breaking the ties to Steph.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I don't think all 3 would be F3. Too many competing egos. I'd be surprised if Judd doesn't go next but if he doesn't it either means he has a great relationship with everyone on the tribe and they are hidiing it in editing (hard to believe) or every single one of them is planning on taking him to F2 so they tolerate him.

He's done so much to be booted for. Don't know why they weren't pissed about him puking in the shelter last episode

Quote Originally Posted by fluff

Rafe doesn't seem that meek. As for Cindy? Who knows. I have no idea what she's thinking or what her place in the game really is.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123