+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 10/27 **SPOILERS**

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    That cycle of life shot where BJ was trying to eat the fish that were trying to eat his flaking skin was definitely one that will stay burned in my brain. Was thinking it might be good for the wound, the way they use maggots on burn victims these days... But of course for BJ, while he might get a little protein if he caught them in his mouth, he'd also get a mouthful of untreated river water... the stuff they've been boiling before drinking. Maybe he'lll be taken out by bugs not other Survivors.

I don't understand the strategy of keeping Danni around over Amy. They had no idea that they were about to merge, so why get rid of a strong player in favor of a weak one who, from what I can see, contributes nothing [except for being cute, if you can call looking anorexic cute. When she goes home and takes a shower, she'll probably slide down the drain ]

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Despite the way Danni looks she actually seems to be quite strong and athletic, so unless weight is a major factor (giant ball pushing, tug of war) she is a good contributor on challenges. Because of Any's ankle, plus past alliances Danni had slightly more "power". But also, people can count...usually the merge is around 10. players left Presumably at least BJ knows that magic number.
    That said, I'm really sorry to see Amy go. She was a great competitor, amusing, and seemed like a really nice person. I guess if anyone was looking ahead to the F2 they might not have wanted to be up against someone who played strongly with an ankle like that. I actually like everyone on that team though... would have loved to see Judd go if the other team had lost, but I'm sure he would have stayed--either for Final 2 reasons or for team strength reasons.
    Last edited by PWS; 10-29-2005 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgirl
    I don't understand the strategy of keeping Danni around over Amy. They had no idea that they were about to merge, so why get rid of a strong player in favor of a weak one who, from what I can see, contributes nothing [except for being cute, if you can call looking anorexic cute. When she goes home and takes a shower, she'll probably slide down the drain ]
    Because Danni is the one steering the voting, I'm sure of it. And her "public" alliances aren't the only ones she has. She's definitely working secretly with Gary, at the very least.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    I get the feeling Judd is either super friendly or super jackass. Amongst the people remaining, he's probably played the former role more so than the latter.

But of course for BJ, while he might get a little protein if he caught them in his mouth, he'd also get a mouthful of untreated river water... the stuff they've been boiling before drinking. Maybe he'lll be taken out by bugs not other Survivors.
    That's what I was thinking as well, but they're all pretty much guaranteed to get parasites anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Despite the way Danni looks she actually seems to be quite strong and athletic, so unless weight is a major factor (giant ball pushing, tug of war) she is a good contributor on challenges. Because of Any's ankle, plus past alliances Danni had slightly more "power". But also, people can count...usually the merge is around 10. players left Presumably at least BJ knows that magic number.
    That said, I'm really sorry to see Amy go. She was a great competitor, amusing, and seemed like a really nice person. I guess if anyone was looking ahead to the F2 they might not have wanted to be up against someone who played strongly with an ankle like that. I actually like everyone on that team though... would have loved to see Judd go if the other team had lost, but I'm sure he would have stayed--either for Final 2 reasons or for team strength reasons.
    I think you're right [about everything you said Danni, and everything else, too], I only disagree about Judd--I want him to stick around, because he and the howler monkeys crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Because Danni is the one steering the voting, I'm sure of it. And her "public" alliances aren't the only ones she has. She's definitely working secretly with Gary, at the very least.
    I agree with that, but my question is, WHY are her fellow tribe members even allowing her to do that? She may be physically stronger than she looks, but she hasn't contributed anywhere near what most of the others have, so why would anyone let her decide who gets the boot? I don't get that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    I get the feeling Judd is either super friendly or super jackass. Amongst the people remaining, he's probably played the former role more so than the latter.

Judd is definitely a super-friendly jackass

I couldn't stand Danni at first, but these last few episodes she has really grown on me. I think she is playing very intelligently. She shows a lot of strength during the challenges and plays an active role in the decision making, but does not make herself look like the one in charge. She was very wise to make Amy think that it would be someone else's decision whether she stayed or go. She is not burning any bridges, but is playing strong with her alliance and being friendly with the rest-invitation to her birthday party, was a great way to see if there was anyone they could turn. Smart player

[I hope he totally wigs out when he finally gets the boot, it will be very entertaining. He'll make Sue Hawk look like a Girl Scout. It might take her off the hotseat after all these years [/QUOTE]

Sue Hawk will never get off the hot seat as far as I'm concerned. She is just an unlikeable individual. Pushy, loud, ignorant, accusatory, Omarossaish. None of these traits sit highly with me. But, I do think there is room for a twin seat & Judd can join her.

+ Reply to Thread