+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Who is your winner right now?

FORT Newbie
    I really like Danni, at this point. She's proven to be resilient and likable. Perhaps not the most clever player, but she did manage to take advantage of the tiniest of cracks in the Alliance and break it up...at least that shows that she plays the game (rather than letting the game play her *cough*lydia*cough*).

However, I can't imagine any of the remaining players wanting to take Danni to the Final 2. They'd have to be crazy to do it...she would crush Stephanie and obliterate Lydia (Steph may not realize that, though, so who knows?). Although Rafe would definitely give her a run for her money (so to speak) I think it would be close enough that he wouldn't want her there (however, he did promise he would take her to the F2 if he got that far...we'll see what that means, if anything).

Let's look at the votes:

Rafe- would probably take Lydia or Danni (if he is the kind of person to honor his promise to her. Yes, I know it's Survivor...all is fair, etc)

Stephanie- would probably take Lydia (and argue that Lydia was a undeserving player) or, perhaps, Danni (not realizing that Danni would win in a landslide)

Lydia- would probably be shocked to be in the F2 and, in a Survivor first, they'd have to call in medical professionals to revive a contestant in the middle of a Final Tribal Council. After she recovered, she'd probably take Stephanie (yeah, I know, I don't understand why, either, but she's not a very smart player)

Danni- I think Danni would take Lydia. She's been keeping her cards very close to her, uh, vest...and I just have a feeling she's not going to be swayed by loyalty or emotion as much as some of the other players. I think she would take Lydia because she thinks (knows) she can win against the fishmonger.

Of these scenarios:

Rafe easily beats Lydia, too close to call against Danni

Stephanie barely beats Lydia but loses big against Danni

Lydia loses to Stephanie (I told you she wasn't a very smart player)

Danni easily beats Lydia

In all 4 of these scenarios I see Lydia in the Final 2, losing to whomever she's up against.

As for the Winnner? My brain says Rafe, my heart says Danni
    Last edited by VinceDee; 12-09-2005 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
    I'm still crossing my fingers for Danni. Probably because she's the underdog, but it sure would be a great win for her.
    Gee, according to the dopey commercials stupid useless LYDIA is "the underdog". Blech. I'd hate for that label to be a setup for her eventually winning.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I know. Those commercials make me wince. I do like the part where they first label Steph, "Loser." I'm hoping the subsequent, "Favorite" label is a sign she doesn't win. At this point, I think it is Danni or Rafe who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Just saw Jiffy on ET. He gave a bit of a blurb about the final 2 [mod edit] Oh, and he told Mark Steines (I think that's his name, been awhile since I watched that show) that S12 has the best cast ever.
    Sounds like one of his typical, ambiguous, open to interpretation, statements
    Last edited by Mariner; 12-10-2005 at 04:05 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Snoozin' on the beach
    It's entertaining to try and figure out how any of them will vote. But the only constant in Survivor is you can never predict how a jury will vote. Who ever thought Ami would give Twila her vote? Or Christy would vote Jenna, when she vowed to never let the evil step-sisters win the money in her final words?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo View Post
    Uhm.. well.. no! She has done a lot, actually.

While it was 6-4 (Danni being in the four) she didn't get voted out
    While it was 6-3 (Danni being in the three) she didn't get voted out.
    While it was 6-2 (Danni being in the two) she didn't get voted out. Instead somebody from the tribe with more people was voted out
    While it was 5-2 (Danni being in the two) she didn't get voted out.
    While it was 5-1 (Danni being the one) she didn't get voted out. Instead, she managed to get the the others to vote off their 'leader' (Judd) instead of one of their followers (Lydia). She also formed a very close bond with Rafe, which will prove to be essential
    While it was 4-1 (Danni being the one) she didn't get voted out, even without having immunity.

Danni is the only survivor through the entire game (so far) not to have recieved a single vote, despite the odds that she has been put under. She hasn't been a person to just fly under the radar. She has won challenges, worked her way into other people's alliances and has totally flipped the game around.

My prediction over the next couple episodes: Depending on who wins immunity, either Stephanie or Lydia will be voted out, since Danni and Rafe are tight.

In the final three, it, again, depends on immunity. If Rafe wins, then he will take Danni. If Danni wins, she will take Rafe. If the third party wins then.. well, crap, they're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by stunner View Post
    Exactly what Lydia (actually all the final 4 have done what you have written because they're still in the final 4) has done and gone with the tribe. Only ONCE has she actually tryed to save herself. You people give her to much credit.
    stunner, please take another look at Orange Dingo's list, there. Danni, was part of the MINORITY contingent and stayed in the game. The others, Steph, Rafe and Lydia have always been part of the MAJORITY alliance.

Further ... take a look at the photos at the top of the page and note that Danni's pic is the only one in color in the bottom row. That illustrates that ALL of those in the tribe Danni started with are gone and she outlasted them.

She then survived the tribe switch-up and she also survived the merge in the MINORITY position while her swichmates' torches have been extinguished. She has now succeeded in a brillliant and diplomatic way in helping the MAJORITY alliance eat each other

... so NONE of the others in the F4 have done what Danni has done.

Welcome stunner, and just wanted to let you know that this member of the we people is just giving credit where deserved.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    stunner, please take another look at Orange Dingo's list, there. Danni, was part of the MINORITY contingent and stayed in the game. The others, Steph, Rafe and Lydia have always been part of the MAJORITY alliance.

Further ... take a look at the photos at the top of the page and note that Danni's pic is the only one in color in the bottom row. That illustrates that ALL of those in the tribe Danni started with are gone and she outlasted them.
    Only because Bobby Jon, Brandon and Gary were bigger threats. Then Jamie and Judd were annoying/threats THATS the only reason shes still there by luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    It's entertaining to try and figure out how any of them will vote. But the only constant in Survivor is you can never predict how a jury will vote.
    I agree Shady. It's fun to speculate, but the Final TC with the jury is really sort of a Final Reward Challenge isn't it, where the jury members have all the power.

The jury members have their game faces off, while the F2 must play the game on a whole different plane, as what they say and how they say it can actually control things and sway some jurors' votes.

The juried Final TC is where Steph may have some advantage ... having had the experience of seeing things from a juror's perspective.

Rafe and Danni should do ok with their answers to questions and I would guess (hopefully) have some depth of understanding of this facet of the game.

As for Lydia ... I can't imagine her saying anything that would sway the jury in her favor unless she mongers her fish in really deep running still waters.

Mohandas Gandhi

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Danni, was part of the MINORITY contingent and stayed in the game. The others, Steph, Rafe and Lydia have always been part of the MAJORITY alliance.

She then survived the tribe switch-up and she also survived the merge in the MINORITY position while her swichmates' torches have been extinguished. She has now succeeded in a brillliant and diplomatic way in helping the MAJORITY alliance eat each other
    Very well said

Quote Originally Posted by stunner View Post
    Only because Bobby Jon, Brandon and Gary were bigger threats. Then Jamie and Judd were annoying/threats THATS the only reason shes still there by luck.
    Well she allowed herself to be perceived as a lesser threat and didn't act crazy or annoying, and she brilliantly facilitated Steph's vote against Judd. That isn't just luck ... it takes brains.

You sort of missed my point which was congenial disagreement with your statement that Lydia and the others in the Final 4 had done "exactly" what Danni had done to remain in the game.

I feel this is not so.

As said ... since Lydia, Rafe and Steph have been together since the beginning and have always been in the MAJORITY alliance/position ... NONE of the others in the F4 have done what Danni has done. I think Danni has been diplomatically playing the game right along.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread