+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    I don't know what she was saying, but she seems to have trouble spelling people's names. Those eyebrows freak me out...

yes, Steph always seems to have problems spelling people's name... I wonder why?
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeye
    I haven't been following the posts, so maybe someone has already said this: but why is Gary still around? He's pretty useless, no good at challenges, hasn't helped his tribe win anything, and on top of that, he's lying to everyone--and some of them know it. Aren't they kinda pissed? You'd think a former NFL player would be able to do better at the physical stuff, but he's lousy at it. Also, why were Stef and Jonboy (whatever) brought back to get a second chance at the million? Why not just bring back all the former players then? These two were nothing special last time and nothing special this time. I don't get it.

Well, have to go evacuate...I'm in the path of Hurricane Wilma, so probably won't be reading any posts for awhile.
    Good luck on the hurricane evacuation...and hurricane. There was a lot of discussion in earlier threads about why those 2 were brought back...basically they had a lot of good press last time and got run over by Tom and Ian's team. You can read all about it going back to the stuff before the show really got started. A lot of people agree with you.
    I"m wondering if Gary is holding back ... certainly he doesn't do anything that might showcase a QB type skill like throwing...partly so he won't be outed, but also maybe because he wants to be seen as contributing but NOT as being a major immunity run threat, as Judd will surely be seen. Judd may not even be as dumb as he is socially when it comes to intellectual puzzles, judging by how he got the word scramble last night and "gave" it to Rafe. Gary is going for the "not weak" image rather than "strong". On the other hand Judd did beat him at the tug of war when Gary did seem to be trying. But that may have been the weight differential.
    I think he really does fear being seen as rich if he is outed, which he says he isn't, although surely "comfortable" if he has a landscaping business...unless he's just a lawnmower for rent? People have already said that they'd target him if he really was a rich former QB. He's right to be scared. Any old excuse will do when you are trying to deflect attention at TC to someone else.

Watching the previews for next week, I heard just a bit, but does Amy confront Gary about the "quarterback" issue? Thought I heard them discussing it.
    There's no place like home!

Leo
    Premium Member
    captain - yes, she does so. I wonder if it's before or after the "visit" (whatever it is) to the other tribe.

Thank you, I won't have to get my hearing checked (just yet)
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey
    I was glad to see Margaret go. I have never liked her. She turned me off on the first episode. I enjoy Judd. He is fun to watch, playing the game hard and correct in blasting self rightous Margaret.

Great show this season.

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    yes, Steph always seems to have problems spelling people's name... I wonder why?
    Same reason many people on this forum have been spelling it the same exact way.

Some people just aren't good at spelling. Oh well. That's not a character flaw.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought Stephenie looked like a freak when she was casting her vote. Creepy!!

Steph may be willing to keep Judd around until merge, but I don't think she likes him. Two weeks ago when he yelled at Cindy in front of her she looked very uncomfortable. She was lucky to find a turncoat when the tribes were switched, but I doubt she feels any real loyalty to Judd or Jamie for that matter. She's playing the numbers game and biding her time. I don't see her making it to even F4.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeye
    Well, have to go evacuate...I'm in the path of Hurricane Wilma, so probably won't be reading any posts for awhile.

Best of luck to you and yours.

I LOVED last nights episode. Nakum's TC was the funniest ever, Judd had me laughing out loud! I thought keeping the person who was assigned Immunity a secret until after the votes were read added alot of suspence, so sure was I that Brian was going. Had a near heart attack when I saw Bobby Jon's name. Normally double TC's are a drag, because half the episode is spent at TC, but I think last night's really paid off.

As for Judd and the beer...is that guy going to get a brewsky endorsement or what? If he wins, he'll be the Bud posterboy (or whatever brand it was they were drinking).
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread