+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Confessional Tallies

No I was dead serious with my post cable

And both of us are just guessing anyway since neither of us really knows for sure what really has gone on with the editing. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one and will find out when he is booted and on SL. Then he will have to account to all of us why he has acted the way he has.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    And both of us are just guessing anyway since neither of us really knows for sure what really has gone on with the editing.
    Well, it is pretty clear that Jamie is getting a villian edit. There's no real debate about the kind of light he's being shown in, and it's not a positive one. There's a reason we're not being shown confessionals from Jamie, but being delivered his story arc nonetheless. Either he refuses to talk about his actions, as you have said (which does not seem the least bit likely), or we are meant to see Jamie from an outsider's point of view, in order to facilitate the majorly negative edit he's getting (one that is likely to end with a decision to cut him loose soon due to his actions).

Good points Cable....but I think with the comments made by his own alliance people like ......"shut up man" or "he is a loose cannon" he doesn't really need confessionals to tell us what kind of guy he is.

He seems to bug everyone on the island....so I am guessing his edit is spot on.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101

Jamie's lack of confessionals is part of his edit. I think if we were shown Jamie explaining his actions from his point of view, there's a chance that more audience members might begin to side with him. For example, I'm sure there is a confessional from Jamie sitting in the tape archive somewhere that shows him honestly thinking that Gary told him that Gary was voting against him (instead of with him). However, showing that confessional would help defend Jamie, and his edit demands that it appears he lied instead. Jamie's villianous story arc is best delivered by showing his actions through the eyes and words of the other players, and so that's what's happening. As I see it, Jamie's boot next episode is still a good possibility despite his presence on the bottom half of the confessional list; his story is not shown through his confessionals, but it's been presented to us nonetheless.
    Excellent points!
    Considering how upset he was after Bobby Jon said he had "no class", he obviously has had moments of remorse over his bad behavior. And yet, we have not seen any confessionals of him giving his side or talking about that. I am really curious to see if your theory of him going next will happen.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I agree--I think there's a very good chance he misunderstood Gary's mumble, and that there's a confessional that makes that clear somewhere. And I bet there is one where he says why he spoke as he did to Brandon...in the name of honesty that he himself would like for example...that would present that scene in a better light (I"m especially sure of this one since Brandon said post boot that that edit really was a major misrepresentation of what happened and that he was not upset by Jamie's brutal honesty).
    The guy is probably something of a jerk, but not as big a one as we are seeing. Maybe more just clueless.

I don't think they are asked to explain their every action to the cameras in confessional (i.e. telling Brandon he would go next).

But cable has some great points about his story arc unfolding through outsider's words and showing us his actions instead of his own explanations.

Gary's sharp increase in confessionals might be a sign he's heading out soon, or it could be attributed to the fact they wanted us to think he was leaving this past episode (which he would have, if not for the idol) and that the whole story of his seeing Judd looking up could not have been told any other way (we wouldn't necessarily know he caught Judd in the act from footage alone, and no one else saw it happen).

So while the theory DEFINITELY holds water and I'm sure Gary's going to be on the chopping block again, I don't think the confessional tally alone necessarily means he'll be gone next.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    After episode 10:

Stephenie LaGrossa
    9/4/4/2/4/0/4/4/6/5
    TOTAL: 40
    AVG PER EP: 4.00

Gary Hogeboom
    2/6/2/2/3/1/2/1/7/7
    TOTAL: 33
    AVG PER EP: 3.30

Judd Sergeant
    2/2/3/4/2/3/3/1/3/8
    TOTAL: 31
    AVG PER EP: 3.10

Brandon Bellinger
    4/2/4/1/4/2/4/7/X/X
    TOTAL: 28
    AVG PER EP: 3.50

Bobby Jon Drinkard
    4/1/3/0/1/1/7/5/4/X
    TOTAL: 27
    AVG PER EP: 3.00

Rafe Judkins
    1/3/2/3/0/4/1/5/2/4
    TOTAL: 25
    AVG PER EP: 2.50

Amy O'Hara
    1/0/4/4/4/2/7/X/X/X
    TOTAL: 22
    AVG PER EP: 3.14

Margaret Bobonich
    8/2/2/4/1/4/X/X/X/X
    TOTAL: 21
    AVG PER EP: 3.50

Cindy Hall
    4/0/3/1/1/4/1/3/0/3
    TOTAL: 20
    AVG PER EP: 2.00

Danni Boatwright
    1/1/1/1/2/0/3/4/1/4
    TOTAL: 18
    AVG PER EP: 1.80

Brian Corridan
    3/1/2/3/6/3/X/X/X/X
    TOTAL: 18
    AVG PER EP: 3.00

Jamie Newton
    1/1/2/1/2/1/2/3/1/2
    TOTAL: 16
    AVG PER EP: 1.60

Lydia Morales
    1/3/2/0/1/0/0/1/0/1
    TOTAL: 9
    AVG PER EP: 0.90

Brianna Varela
    1/1/4/X/X/X/X/X/X/X
    TOTAL: 6

Blake Towsley
    1/2/0/1/1/X/X/X/X/X
    TOTAL: 5
    AVG PER EP: 1.00

Brooke Struck
    2/0/1/1/X/X/X/X/X/X
    TOTAL: 4

Morgan McDevitt
    2/0/X/X/X/X/X/X/X/X
    TOTAL: 2

Jim Lynch
    2/X/X/X/X/X/X/X/X/X
    TOTAL: 2

It's interesting to point out that nobody had a drop in confessionals this past episode; it was a episode that developed the current characters, not one hiding next week's boot. Whoever gets voted out next week should be seeing a lot of air time, as their story arc comes to a close. That being said, I again doubt that the person voted out will come from the bottom half of the list. Lydia, Danni, and Cindy are safe until their stories develop a bit more and they have more to contribute. Cindy jumped from 0 confessionals to 3 this episode; is her story being developed so that it can finish soon? Danni experienced this same increase, which could mean her demise will not be occuring too far down the road. Stephenie has stayed pretty steady in her counts, while Rafe has been all over the place. Perhaps my boy Rafe is getting our distracting edit after all.

Ha! I see you've changed your avatar in a vodoun prophecy/curse effort once more, Cable! I love it!

So based on the new tallies can we guess that Gary and Judd will be on the chopping block this episode? That's my bet!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Another reason we'll be seeing an increase in certain player's confessionals is because they'll be the only one's left.

Thanks again for the updated tallies dustparticle05! I've enjoyed reading your break-down's all season.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast