+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On the Next Survivor: 10/20

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    Even though I thought Judd would get to F2 after this last episode, I wonder if what happens is Judd Bullies Margaret at TC and instead of everyone voting Margaret as planned, it makes them change their mind right then and there to give Judd the heave ho. Could be the colorful exit Jeff mentioned. Now that would be such poetic justice if Judd took bullseye off Margaret and put it right on himself at TC

I'd love to see that happen
    I never thought Judd was anywhere near getting to the final 2 (and it's not just because I'm hoping that). I'm not that lucky to have Judd booted this week. While I was thinking that once the merge hit Yakha would go back to old tribal lines and finish picking off Nakum, I don't think that's going to happen, especially with Blake being booted. Steph, Rafe, and Lydia may realize they need Judd for his vote for the time being (I don't include Jamie because I don't think Jamie would vote for Judd regardless). I do think that would be a riot if Judd blasted Margaret and was one of the ones who took the walk of shame. But I will agree that when Judd's time comes, I think he's going to be the one with the colorful exit (the only others ones I could see doing that are Gary, Danni and Jamie or
    Click to see Spoiler:
    maybe Rafe, because I've heard Stephenie turns into a bit of a backstabber this season
    . Right now I think pretty much everyone has the potentional to be less than pleased with being booted.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I didn't think he'd even make it to the merge until the editing of this episode. I said he'd be first boot of his tribe, pre-season, not even a close guess either way lol. I probably read more into it when there was nothing there, should have listened to my gut the first time All the notes about million dollar quotes and animal symbolism got my mind trying to decipher "clues" that probably are just scenes of the location
    Last edited by Shady64; 10-15-2005 at 08:31 PM.

I didn't think he'd make it to the merge until the editing of this episode.
    Um, Judd's been edited as the last person who would win. Really, he's getting a "bumbling villian" edit, not a "million-dollar strategist" edit. There's a big difference there.

Regarding the theory that Judd goes home next week, I would absolutely love to see that happen. Seriously, that would cement this season as one of the best in quite a while (though last episode has pretty much already done that). Judd getting blindsided after a cocky, drunk rant against Margaret; I can totally see it. Alas, I don't think it'll happen.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    Um, Judd's been edited as the last person who would win. Really, he's getting a "bumbling villian" edit, not a "million-dollar strategist" edit. There's a big difference there.

Regarding the theory that Judd goes home next week, I would absolutely love to see that happen. Seriously, that would cement this season as one of the best in quite a while (though last episode has pretty much already done that). Judd getting blindsided after a cocky, drunk rant against Margaret; I can totally see it. Alas, I don't think it'll happen.
    No, what I mean was whenever he said something like "king of the jungle" "get out of my jungle" or those kind of things, they'd then flash on the monkey. I was looking at it as some kind of clue. The kind that make sense once the season is over but just seem random while its happening. He really is an insecure jerk and it will catch up to him. It's all just guesstamite for me anyway. As far as who is edited to go far and the amount of confessionals and all that, I have no idea how to decipher those things and let those that do, do!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Judd's provided comic relief. He donned a sweat shirt while he gathered wood for the tribe, to protect himself from mosquito bites, even though it was over 110 degrees. He helped Jamie feel alittle better after his demoralizing defeat. I bet some can't handle a barking dog in the neighborhood for more than ten minutes, let alone a non-stop howler monkey than can be heard from three miles away. Complaining about it seemed pretty natural and understandable. He's playing the game, not sitting back waiting for a game to start. I don't find him insecure at all, except for the usual paranoia that is inescapable for any of them. I don't get the anti-Judd thing, just MO.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

No, what I mean was whenever he said something like "king of the jungle" "get out of my jungle" or those kind of things, they'd then flash on the monkey. I was looking at it as some kind of clue.
    I hate the animal representations, but I don't think they could have made it any more obvious that Judd is the howler monkey of the season. In the long run, it means Judd will go out with a bang, and ensures that he won't win. The real animal comparison that we need to watch out for is the tarantula-scorpion thing. That's pointing to an underdog win (*cough*Lydia*cough*).

Snoozin' on the beach
    He struck me as insecure with some of the things he was saying. His tribe winning didn't seem to be enough, he wants to be the "hero" and win it (not Blake or others). Perhaps that was jealousy of the other young guys but it came off as wanted the others to think more highly of him IMO. After he flipped, he said didn't care what anyone thought of him and what he did but he said to Margaret again and again that he did what he did because its a game etc. Like he's trying to convince her he's not a bad guy even though she agreed evertime he brought it up about being a game and strategic. For someone that doesn't care what others think, he went out of his way to point out his reasons a number of times when there was no need. Why bring it up more than once when you've just told us you don't care what others think of you? Sounds insecure to me, JMO

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    I hate the animal representations.
    I tried my hand at it and stunk, oh well. To be honest, I don't know alot of the animals and insects that are native to that country and where they are on the food chain. I'll leave it to the professionals next time

Since these things are set-up to fool us by leading us to the "obvious" choices ... I might as well speculate without fear/

After winning an arduous Reward Challenge, one tribe member ruins it for the rest by becoming intoxicated and obnoxious.

Obvious choices: Judd and Jamie ... I think maybe Bobby Jon or Danni on Yaxha' or Cindy on Nakum.

A grueling physical challenge pushes two castaways to the breaking point, leading to a screaming match that comes close to exploding.

Obvious choices are BJ and Jamie. My guess, Danni and Stephanie

In a Tribal Council first, one castaway bullies and insults a fellow tribe member despite attempts to keep the peace.

Obvious choice is Judd bullying Margaret ... but I don't think Margaret is exactly "bullyable.

So who IS bullyable ? It's hard to call.

On Yaxha', I'll go with Brandon insulting and attempting to bully either Brian or Danni.

On Nakum, really a long shot, but how about a cat fight ? Margaret or Cindy attempting to bully Lydia ?

Disclaimer: There is absolutely no REAL logic here except I tried to think about long shots that might be somewhat plausible.

ETA:
    About the animal representations and other hidden "clues"
    ... isn't there a theory that what's in the opening/introductory sequence is "telling" in some way ?
    animals and otherwise ? If so ... I keep wondering why we see Cindy's butt jiggling as she runs ... before it flashes to her face. (At least I think it's Cindy's butt. ) Does this possibly mean she'll run away with it ?
    Last edited by echo226; 10-16-2005 at 03:12 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey
    Rumor of a double TC leads me to think the bullying happens on Yaxha. Nakum seems sound as far as alliances go. Margaret or Cindy out is easy and not frought with passion. There is no need to bully anyone. There is more tension on Yaxha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast