+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    BJ's facial expressions were kind of like 'dagnummit - i never thought of that. he's strong and good, he might beat me at the end...' you could see the hamsters in his brain begin to run a bit quicker to get those thinking wheels a turning...[/QUOTE]

I love that, that is so cute! (that was a quote. Sorry iguanachocolate, still can't get a quote into a little box. )

I can tolerate a "ralph" here and there, if I just absolutely must. I don't think it has been "gratuitous retching" though. After Jessie in Africa, I feel I've already seen it all.

Rewatched the last episode, and Brian really gets into it, prayer wise. He has his eyes closed, head bowed...even said "thank you" after the prayer concluded. He was extremely convincing. Just as Brian doesn't want another's religious beliefs in his daily camp life, I'm sure a few of his tribemates could do without his load of crap duplicity. But then, they don't know about it, do they. I still think regardless of what the tribe decided to do, he would, in a confessional, disassociate himself from whatever it was. Like he said..."they're just not my style".
    Last edited by lopevian; 10-19-2005 at 12:16 AM.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    man you totally didnt get my point

i'm done trying to explain, obviously some people cant stand the thought of someone not wanting to pray and speak up about it *gasp* *shock* *horror*
    Sorry, I can accept the fact that not all people want to pray. What I can't accept is someone who instead of politely not joining in the prayer, participates, throws in an amen and then proceeds to whine about it in a confessional.

how long have people in lying on this show?

how long have they been putting up a persona

this is hardly new

fairplay, rob c, rob m they are no better!

fairply lied about someone dying! and yet some say that was the greatest move ever

so how is saying amen such a sin?

this is hardly new

fairply lied about someone dying! and yet some say that was the greatest move ever

Exactly, had he spoken up or not "prayed" with them, he could have set himself apart from the group. Right or wrong, regardless of anyone's personal religious beliefs, he's just playing the game!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

this is hardly new

Posters were acting outraged because he was subjected to the tribe's prayer. When in fact he participated and then proceeded to whine about it in a confessional. The tribe was not wrong for praying and if he had a problem with it, he should have politely excused himself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    Exactly, had he spoken up or not "prayed" with them, he could have set himself apart from the group. Right or wrong, regardless of anyone's personal religious beliefs, he's just playing the game!
    Most people respect other's beliefs and would not have treated him any different. And so what if he set himself apart from the group? He has to decide if his beliefs are more important than the game.

Just to continue to stir an overcooked pot... These people have little to do but talk to each other. My take was that in the course of conversation the tribe discovered that they have similar upbringings that include the diabolical practice of saying Grace before a meal. Fool's Platinum (aka Brian) never said it offended his beliefs; only that it wasn't his style. Clearly he wants to run the show and can't stand for the group to do something he hasn't instigated. His complaining about it fits his drama queen image.

While I concede that Brian is playing "classic Survivor", he does it in such an offensive way (Johnny Fairplay, Rob C) that I can't like or admire him. I think Rob M is the best manipulative player EVER, but I liked him only up to the point where he mentioned the Godfather.

I hope Brian and Judd are eliminated at the double Tribal Council on Thurs and that the teams are shuffled again. At this point Skeledanni is my tentative fav.

I don't agree with what Brian did . I don't even like him, personally. I'm just saying that all he's doing is playing the game!

dberk, I too think Brian and Judd will be eliminated this week!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Fool's Platinum (aka Brian) never said it offended his beliefs; only that it wasn't his style. Clearly he wants to run the show and can't stand for the group to do something he hasn't instigated. His complaining about it fits his drama queen image. QUOTE FROM DBERK

Bingo dberk! You said that perfectly!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    lopevian--to quote someone all you have to do is click on the button marked quote on the bottom right corner of their post--unless you have a very old computer that should work and it's easy---now putting something in spoiler quotes, that's hard!

Can we take the religion discussion back to a Survivor strategy point I raised earlier, since it's clear we (large group) aren't going to convince each other (different large group) on the issue of whether the social pressure to pray exists/matters in this situation (and if we keep this up the mods will reprimand us for non-Survivor discussion eventually)? Does anyone remember at this point who the prayers were besides Brian? Were they shown after the team mix? Or before? Are they on different teams now? Is anyone praying anymore? Might give us some bonding hints.

+ Reply to Thread