+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlast
    Anybody else getting the distinct impression that this years winner will come from old Yaxha? And why did Bobby Jon and Danni help vote out Blake? He can't possibly have been THAT annoying.
    I think Danni did because he was that annoying and lazy around camp.

but BJ's revelation, i believe came at TC when Jeff was talking to Golden BOy about his transformation from oxygen deprived sickie to Golden Boy. Blake said something along the lines about how he was feeling good and is good to go from here on out to the end. BJ's facial expressions were kind of like 'dagnummit - i never thought of that. he's strong and good, he might beat me at the end...' you could see the hamsters in his brain begin to run a bit quicker to get those thinking wheels a turning...
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate
    I think Danni did because he was that annoying and lazy around camp.

' you could see the hamsters in his brain begin to run a bit quicker to get those thinking wheels a turning...
    Great image!

[QUOTE=PWS]If I can quote realityfan 101 above, "where is it written that expressions of faith have to be kept private? Why are people so offended by individuals expressing their religious beliefs out loud?" To answer the question tho, your religious beliefs interfere with mine when you invade my "turf", whether physical or auditory. You can express your beliefs however you want on your own time in your own place, just not on mine./QUOTE]

Well the U.S. Constitution says different, free speech and all. I'm a Christian, but a Muslim, Buddhist, or Jewish person praying in public wouldn't offend me. So why would others be offended, unless you are intolerant to religion in general? If a Muslim asked me to participate in one of their religious ceremonies, I would politely say no thanks. When did any of the tribe say their religion was better? When did any of them tie him up and make him listen? He could have gotten up and not participated. If questioned, he could have stated his beliefs and I would hope most would respect him for not participating in something he didn't believe in. Brian chose to participate and threw in the fake amen and then pretended to be offended by it all in his confessional.
    Last edited by realityfan101; 10-18-2005 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101
    Well the U.S. Constitution says different, free speech and all.
    Just to be picky:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amendment 1
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    It doesn't say anything regarding how one person treats another; the amount of tolerance they choose to display is completely up to them. Anyway, I'm sure Brian is quite adjusted to being around those of a different faith, and I'm sure he really doesn't have much of a problem praying (or pretending to pray) with the rest of his tribe. Brian just wants to point out another strategical move he's making to ensure he lasts as long as possible; he'll do anything to make it clear that he's playing this game hard (at least, in his own eyes).

I just got next weeks TV Guide and a viewer wrote in that she thought it was 'sick' that Survivor showed how dehydrated and physically challenged contestents were. Basically, she thought CBS went overboard and showing contestents vomit was not entertaining. Personally, watching a person ralph is not my idea of entertainment either, but I watch Survivor to see how people react to hostile environments and deal with it and vomiting and suffering are a part of that.

Any thoughts???

i can't seem to stay out of this prayer discussion. i am an atheist. and to assume all atheists are offended by other people praying in front of them is ridiculous. i don't like the religious fundamentalists trying to shove their religion on me, but thats not the same as praying in public. not even close. and what difference is there between them, and the people who don't want public displays of religion. it's all trying to impose your beliefs on others. it's called atheist fundamentalism or Stalin fundamentalism. besides, if i was so closed minded, i wouldn't be married to my wonderful husband who is catholic. and i wouldn't have my best friend who is Muslim. the world is full of people with different beliefs. it's the same right that gives me permission to stand in the middle of the street and yell "there is no god", and my husband to yell "i love jesus". so i would never try to beat someone down with the leg i have to stand on.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Personally, watching a person ralph is not my idea of entertainment either, but I watch Survivor to see how people react to hostile environments and deal with it and vomiting and suffering are a part of that.

Any thoughts???
    ITA with you, Bearcata. This is "Survivor" not "Camping". In order to explain how harsh the conditions are, MB must show us the nasty bug bites, open sores, weight loss, dehydration, etc. that goes along with surviving in a remote region. Surviving is not pretty. I actually prefer to see some of the nitty gritty as opposed to the fluffed up, sanitized stuff we generally see on entertainment television. Also, it's not that difficult to look away while it's on the screen.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Personally, watching a person ralph is not my idea of entertainment either, but I watch Survivor to see how people react to hostile environments and deal with it and vomiting and suffering are a part of that.

Any thoughts???
    I agree with you, though I really could have done without the pee meeting between BJ and Blake. I'm not bent out of shape about it, but it was just a little to much information I want from Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    ITA with you, Bearcata. This is "Survivor" not "Camping". In order to explain how harsh the conditions are, MB must show us the nasty bug bites, open sores, weight loss, dehydration, etc. that goes along with surviving in a remote region. Surviving is not pretty. I actually prefer to see some of the nitty gritty as opposed to the fluffed up, sanitized stuff we generally see on entertainment television. Also, it's not that difficult to look away while it's on the screen.
    I will never forget the first season when Jenna was ate up with those damn bug bites. Ewwww, I don't remember any season being that bad.

f he really didn't want to pray and was offended by it, he should have spoken up. Is the game more important to him than his beliefs? If so, then that's Brian's problem, not the rest of the tribe's.
    man you totally didnt get my point

i'm done trying to explain, obviously some people cant stand the thought of someone not wanting to pray and speak up about it *gasp* *shock* *horror*

+ Reply to Thread