+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy
    Totally agree with kimrs and outlast....

This show is all about Stephanie and I had enough of her last season. Her whining was ridiculous - shouldn't she just be grateful she gets another shot at a million? Especially since everyone is helping her get it?
    This show is also all about the ratings and the producers know that the Steph is is very popular player so they are going to make darn sure she gets a lot of TV time. There are just some athletes that hate and I mean depise losing and Steph is one of them and whining to cameras is her way to releasing her frustration.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    I'm surprised no one likes Brian.

I think he's hilarious! and I usually don't like weasel players but I like the way he's doing things.

I totally agree with the whole Jesus thing lol.....I think it's kinda disrespectful to assume everyone wants to thank Jesus for their meal, but anyway....I thought his rant on that was funny.

As for Danni, I thought she made a smart move, that Brandon/Blake/BJ alliance HAD to be broken up, if she had waited until next week it would have been 3 on 3, better to not take a chance with that....as for Bobby Jon, I am suprised he flipped.

I also burst out laughing when I saw BJ/Jamie preview for next week. I wonder, do the producers like to make southerns look bad on this show????????
    Based on his confessionals Brian thinks he is the greatest conniver to ever be on Survivor. His self-praise is sickening. I hope he goes next. Since he is apparently the ONLY one to be "offended" by the tribe saying grace, I would say the problem is his not the others. Thankfully, it's not against his religion to be two faced about religion though.

After reading everyones comments about Skeledanni's reasoning, I agree that she made a good move.

I want to see Jeff step between BJ and Jaime and get "accidentally" knocked on his ass. They could show that as a "Survivor Moment" for years and be funny each time.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Bobby Jon (aka Redneck Wonder)- This time around he clearly understands that he might have to break promises to advance to the end of the game.
    He didn't get booted out last time because of his strategy. He never actually got voted out and made it as far as he could from a strategic perspective. He didn't need to break promises he needed to win immunities. This time he is doing that.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by captain
    If you don't want to pray then just sit there and shut up, don't whine in confessionals
    Well, I can't say I blame Brian at all! I think religion is fine, but don't assume everyone is okay with praying before a meal and don't make it a group activity. He's right to just shut his mouth and that's probably more than I could do - I'd be saying "hey look, I don't pray at home before meals and I'm not going to be a hypocrite and pray now before a meal just because some stranger tells me I should!"

But that's just me and I wouldn't last beyond the first TC with my mouth, and I know that...

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    Well, I can't say I blame Brian at all! I think religion is fine, but don't assume everyone is okay with praying before a meal and don't make it a group activity....
    I felt the same way about it. Anyone there could have been Muslim or something. I think in a group situation like that, you should always ask if anyone is offended by it. If they are, you can gather quietly away from them with the other members that want to pray. However, it could have been that conversation DID take place and we just weren't shown it. Perhaps they asked if anyone minded and Brian kept quiet then as well. As someome else said, I don't blame him for keeping his mouth shut. Anything can put a target on your back at this point in the game. However, I probably would just be quiet and respectful during prayers without participating if I were annoyed by it. I wouldn't bother faking it like he's doing.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

i don't think he was forced to pray. he was just respectfully quiet during the prayer. my husband is irish and his family is very catholic. when at their house for dinner, they say grace. i bow my head and stay quiet, but i do not pray. i really don't understand why people would be offended by others praying. as long as they are not pushing it on you. i mean, if it's okay to be vocal about not believing in god, why can't you be vocal about believing in god. we all have different beliefs, but we should always respect the others. that's not the same as agreeing

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I felt the same way about it. Anyone there could have been Muslim or something. I think in a group situation like that, you should always ask if anyone is offended by it. If they are, you can gather quietly away from them with the other members that want to pray. However, it could have been that conversation DID take place and we just weren't shown it. Perhaps they asked if anyone minded and Brian kept quiet then as well. As someome else said, I don't blame him for keeping his mouth shut. Anything can put a target on your back at this point in the game. However, I probably would just be quiet and respectful during prayers without participating if I were annoyed by it. I wouldn't bother faking it like he's doing.
    But Stargazer, even if someone asks if it would offend you to pray, in this type of situation, Brian keeping his mouth shut would be the best thing (and not something I could do, even for a million dollars, I just know me!). If you want to pray before your meal, then bow your head and say a silent prayer, don't impose it on others by even asking if they would be offended if you did it. If others want to pray, then fine, but don't make religion a forced group activity. Atheists everywhere are offended.

The thing is I'm sure they think that Brian is ok with it because he hasn't said differently. I mean it's a prayer. If you don't want to pray then say respectfully "Hey, I appreciate your ideals and beliefs but I'm not really into religion so can we have a moment of silence or something instead of actual prayer?" I seriously doubt they will have a problem with it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by julitta
    i don't think he was forced to pray. he was just respectfully quiet during the prayer. my husband is irish and his family is very catholic. when at their house for dinner, they say grace. i bow my head and stay quiet, but i do not pray. i really don't understand why people would be offended by others praying. as long as they are not pushing it on you. i mean, if it's okay to be vocal about not believing in god, why can't you be vocal about believing in god. we all have different beliefs, but we should always respect the others. that's not the same as agreeing
    Brian did utter the word "Amen", which would indicate he was either participating in prayer or pretending to participate (wouldn't that be sacreligious and even more offensive to Christians?). I just think if you are even obligated to bow your head during prayer, you are being forced to participate in someone else's religion. I'm sorry, but when that happens to me, I just quietly sit with my head up and am not disruptive, but neither will I bow my head and imitate a religious activity for which I do not believe.

I know that Probst is now dating or engaged to a former Survivor tribe member from another season. That's not Stephanie, right? I don't think they could do that.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread