+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Favorites?

Early Favorites?

It's early in the game, but I always try to make a pick by week 1. Here's a look at my track record (all picks were made by week 1 or earlier).

1-Pulau Tiga = no early pick, wasn't a fan yet
    2-Australia = Elisabeth
    3-Africa = Lex
    4-Marquesas = Neleh

Not a winner in the bunch. But they all ended up being popular players & lasted very late into the game. My pick for #5-Thailand...........Ted Rogers Jr.

The guy has it all. A computer geek who also played pro football. So far he's shown to be a good natured, caring guy who doesn't seem to want the spotlight. Haven't seen that he has any negative attributes yet, other than being a Yankee fan.

Would anybody else like to share their early picks? I'd be interested in seeing how other people sized up the Survivors in Week 1.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm going to have to go with Stephanie as the winner. She's physically strong, she's great to look at, and she's proven that nothing really bothers her.

I think she'll slip into the post-merge, and then come on strong and win a lot of the challenges.

Actually, I'm not sure who I even like yet. I know several I dislike, though.

I'm with you Jodaar, Ted is my early favorite too. Of course I liked Clarence and Limo driver Rob
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

My favorites are the following:

1-Pulau Tiga = Kelly (strong, but not overpowering, she played the game how it should be).
    2-Australia = Colby (physically strong, nice guy, and showed a lot of perserverence. Oh yeah, he's cute, too.)
    3-Africa = Silas (It was purely on his physical strength compared to the rest.)
    4-Marquesas = Boston Robb (Interesting personality, He was sneaky!)
    5-Thailand-Jed (He seems to have a head on his shoulders, and looks like he has strength. Did I say Good looking too.?) I also like Jake.

Of course, my only pick that changed later during the game was . my pick for Africa. After seeing what an a*shole Silas was, I switched my pick to Ethan.
    So, I reserve the right to change my pick for Thailand, if needed

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I hate this. Every time I get suckered.The only one I was right about was Ethan .
    I too like Ted. Easygoing, lost lots of weight.Penny was missing from ep 1, so she's the invisible candidate.

My picks for Final 4. Usually a kiss of death.

Ted
    Tanya
    Jed
    Ken

I have a feeling Tanya will be sticking around. I also have a feeling Robb will be sticking around, but didn't want to include him in my picks.

For the record, each week I was sure it was Sean's week to go for S4.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Here's who I picked in each of the pools I run at my office:

S1: Rudy
    S2: Michael
    S3: Frank (BWAHAHAHA!! I'm an idiot.)
    S4: Tammy

and my current pick for S5 is Jake. I always pick the crusty old guys. I can't figure that out about me.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Incidentally, my boss - who doesn't watch the show at all (except for the first episode at our traditional kickoff parties) - has won the pool twice! She picked Tina and Vee. Unbelievable.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Well, Paulie, I dare say you could have possibly won the pool for S2 if Michael hadn't fallen into the fire...

I didn't watch the original until the finale, but given the choice of two, I thought Kelly would win - oh well.

S2- I wanted Jeff to win but thought Colby would.
    S3- Wanted Ethan (still want Ethan) I wanted him to win too.
    S4 - Intially thought Gabe could win but come the merge episode desperately wanted Kathy to.
    S5- Would love Ted to win, think Ken possibly could.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast