+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Survivor Season 4 on OLN

Survivor Season 4 on OLN

This is the thread to discuss about Survivor 4: Marquesas which will air on Wednesdays from 7-10pm and again from 10-1am on OLN.

It's time to go back to the beach!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Ah, what a great season. The final outcome was a bit dissapointing, I'll admit, but it was still thouroughly enjoyable, nonetheless. Looking forward to it.

Is the sound off for everyone else. It is like watching a dubbed movie. I can't look, just listen.

Is the sound off for everyone else. It is like watching a dubbed movie. I can't look, just listen.
    My sound wasn't off, but the show skipped about a dozen times. I thought maybe Direct TV was having problems.

Maraamu has to be the dumbest tribe in Survivor history (until they were surpassed by Ulong) First the vote off Peter, than Pat, than Hunter!!! I think the better plan would have been Sarah, Pat, Vecepia. You have to get rid of the weak first and Maraamu was loaded with weak women while Rotu had 3 strong women and Neleh who wasn't terribly weak either. I like Vecepia, I think she's a very nice woman, but she lucked out big time with the tribal switch and the Rotu Four snafu.

On a positive note it was nice to see one of my favorite Survivor moments again!

ďI need somebody to pee on my handĒ=classic

Quote Originally Posted by Outlast
    Maraamu has to be the dumbest tribe in Survivor history (until they were surpassed by Ulong) First the vote off Peter, than Pat, than Hunter!!! I think the better plan would have been Sarah, Pat, Vecepia. You have to get rid of the weak first and Maraamu was loaded with weak women while Rotu had 3 strong women and Neleh who wasn't terribly weak either. I like Vecepia, I think she's a very nice woman, but she lucked out big time with the tribal switch and the Rotu Four snafu.
    Except there's no way the tribe would have voted like this. Challenge strength wasn't coming into play here, alliances were. If you were Rob Mariano, would you have gone and voted out your back-pocket alliance mate? What about if you were Sean; would you have voted out Vecepia? After Peter went, you had Hunter-Gina-Patricia, Rob-Sarah, and Sean-Vecepia. The latter two alliances knew they needed to get together and vote out the other three, or else they could be picked off. If no tribal switches happened, they were probably screwed. That's why Rob/Sarah/Sean/Vee voted off Patricia before Hunter. But, when it came down to it, everyone wanted to be in control, and they were doing everything they could to ensure that place on the tribe. Winning challenges is overrated.

Finally. I get to see the first glimpse of Boston Rob. I'm liking this season, although I can't believe they voted out Hunter.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

That Finale was just as disappointing the second time around wasnít it, poor Paschal and Kathy.

By the way, I donít think Rosie ever asked who voted for whom, does anybody know? Iíd guess that it was Paschal, Kathy and Zoe (whoís vote was shown) voting for Neleh and John C, Tammy, General and Sean voting for Vecepia.

Canít wait for Thailand! Although it appears Iíll have to.

For me there were 2 highlights to that season & they both envolved Sean.
    1) His speech the night when they got rid of John. Sean said something like, "We got you Bro, you thought you had me but when in Vegas always bet black". It was classic.
    2) The next day at the waterfall after John went home & Sean was singing Brand New Day from The Wiz.
    Sean was more than a little controversial with his slavery comments & stuff but he was good TV.

Taping

I am taping all the seasons. I am so happy OLN is doing them back to back for us.

Watching for the second time you get to see things you missed the first time and I saw something that got me to thinking.

Paschal was very sick towards the end of the game. He collapsed on the day of his first TC show....so I got to thinking....I wonder if he was so sick and told them he just couldn't go on. Maybe that is why they brought in the dumb purple rock thingy?

They have never had such a "cheesy remove a person challenge" until that episode or since then!!!

What do yall think?
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    For me there were 2 highlights to that season & they both envolved Sean.
    I did enjoy Sean very much throughout the season. He doesn't seem like the most enjoyable person to hang out with, but I loved his character and quotes. Mimicking Neleh in his confessional? Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    Paschal was very sick towards the end of the game. He collapsed on the day of his first TC show....so I got to thinking....I wonder if he was so sick and told them he just couldn't go on. Maybe that is why they brought in the dumb purple rock thingy?
    I don't buy it. Paschal wasn't really "very sick" toward the end. There have been Survivors in the past that have been categorized as "very sick" during the game, but they had medical attention off-camera. The purple rock was meant to discourage ties, and it succeeded in doing so for a good 5 seasons.

+ Reply to Thread