+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early tribe switch really bad idea?

Early tribe switch really bad idea?

I've been thinking about the tribe switch and it seems to me that if the players are looking at the end game they'll be fighting over who gets to lose at immunity challenges.

Currently, old Nakum and Yaxha are even but with each having a majority on one of the tribes. So if new Nakum wins immunity that means that a member of old Nakum is going to be voted off, and vice versa. So every time the 4 members of old Nakum win immunity one of their former tribemates gets booted and they increase the chances of them being outnumbered after the merge.

And since, unless they never lose immunity, they will end up dividing themselves along old tribal lines because of the 4-3 split this means that old Yaxha will gladly rejoin the old tribemates at the merge and vote out those who previously had the majority over them.

Ugh! This could cause Stephenie to win simply because she keeps losing. The more she loses now the stronger her alliance gets.

I thought it was a good thing & in fact I think they should switch them more often to keep the alliance thing at a minimum. Then you have to Survive everybody equally & not rely on a team to get you through.

FORT Fogey
    I liked this idea too. Previously the switchs happened too late, when alliances were stronger. Judd switched sides immediately. Loved that. I would be in favor of another switch as well. The notion that alliances are only temporary for each TC is unique to this game and would be a refreshing change.

^^^ I agree. The past couple episodes, there's been a certain "umph" I've been waiting for, and this was it! I was totally shocked, but at least the show got really interesting. I agree that they should do this often to really test if you can outwit, outplay, and outlast ALL the players. But was that twist #2 (with #1 being that Stephanie and Bobby Jon are back)? I hope not... now we're just to plain 'ol Survivor...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I thought it was a good thing & in fact I think they should switch them more often to keep the alliance thing at a minimum. Then you have to Survive everybody equally & not rely on a team to get you through.
    Totally agree! Alliances are good... to a point, but riding coat tails and not winning on your own (at least some immunity or reward challenges) is not the definition of "survivor" to me. I enjoyed the early switch and would like to see it happen again. Don't allow the participants to grow too complacent within their tribes.

To further mess with their minds, send everyone back to their original tribes in a couple of weeks.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Snoozin' on the beach
    Pick brand new tribes agains in 6 days. Now that would totally screw them all up. See who adjust the best and scrambles the fastest to save their own hide. Now that would be the person that truly does deserve the "outwit, outlast and outplay".

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    They could also do what the did in Thailand. In about ten days, both tribes will now live at the pyramids and hold off the merge until only nine players are left. That would test any "original" tribemate loyalties...it would basically screw with everyone. Who knows what would remain when they start competing for individual immunity. This could end up being a very personal Survivor. I think we're going to see some major blow-ups. Yippee!!!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

FORT Fogey
    Some people will be screwed by this change, but most have the opportunity to utilize it to their advantage. That's part of the game. They need to figure out what to do to benefit themselves for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by manjalteng
    The past couple episodes, there's been a certain "umph" I've been waiting for, and this was it! I was totally shocked, but at least the show got really interesting. I agree that they should do this often to really test if you can outwit, outplay, and outlast ALL the players. But was that twist #2 (with #1 being that Stephanie and Bobby Jon are back)? I hope not... now we're just to plain 'ol Survivor...
    If you mean the pre-premier promos that said " this season there won't be a twist, there'll be TWO twists" ... to be honest ... I thought that was hype and the supposed "two twists" they meant were #1 Stephanie and #2 Bobby Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump
    I've been thinking about the tribe switch and it seems to me that if the players are looking at the end game they'll be fighting over who gets to lose at immunity challenges.

Currently, old Nakum and Yaxha are even but with each having a majority on one of the tribes. So if new Nakum wins immunity that means that a member of old Nakum is going to be voted off, and vice versa. So every time the 4 members of old Nakum win immunity one of their former tribemates gets booted and they increase the chances of them being outnumbered after the merge.

And since, unless they never lose immunity, they will end up dividing themselves along old tribal lines because of the 4-3 split this means that old Yaxha will gladly rejoin the old tribemates at the merge and vote out those who previously had the majority over them.

Ugh! This could cause Stephenie to win simply because she keeps losing. The more she loses now the stronger her alliance gets.
    I get a headache thinking about this.
    The old Nakums on the new Yaxha' who are so confident about voting off the old Yaxha' minority should get a wake-up call when they see that Brooke is gone.

But truly I thinlk there are other possible ways this could shake down that could change the numbers at merge time, whenever that is.

For example they are close to a point where someone on the new Yaxha' might decide HE wants to be the strongest guy there moving towards merge, and dispose of one of the other strong guys. All it takes is one of them to change sides and ally with Amy, Gary and Brian and it's done.

An interesting twist might be to give someone on the losing tribe a chance to have individual immunity ... so say Yaxha' votes off Cindy and then loses again ... but Margaret has individual immunity at that TC.

I do think they ... the producers ... are planning to do something else to stir things up. What I don't know, but as said, it gives me a headache.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast