+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is the Editing going too far this time?

Is the Editing going too far this time?

You may or may not have heard:

Brooke has revealed since her ouster that:

- it took Stephanie 30 about times to hit the target in the Immunity Challenge
    - it took Danni about 4
    - BOTH Stephanie and Judd were urged to switch out, and refused.

But of course we were lead to believe that heroines Stephanie and Danni valiantly took only about 4 tries hit their targets, and that only ape-in-the-jungle Judd refused to admit his shortcomings.

Does anyone else resent this misleading of the facts? I understand editing for storylines, for entertainment value, but at what point do these things becomes LIES?

Brooke was probably exaggerating (sour grapes) about the number of times it took Steph to succeed, but clearly it must have taken longer than indicated. Both Judd and Steph should have given someone else a try.

I agree that we were misled about Steph in this competition, but after Jeff's comments to her at diatribal council, I don't see the producers treating her like a favorite. Well, maybe favorite whipping post.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, they need to be more fair for editing. I know, Stephanie is a fan favourite. Unless they want to put the real back in reality it won't be fun anymore. In reality tv, we want to see a player's triumphs and failures, that's what makes this genre so popular. If they keep on editing her mistakes, her popularity will decrease.

I think it's bad that they only showed Judd refusing to switch out. They should have shown the same for Steph, if it indeed happen. They are portraying Judd as stubborn while Steph looks like the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills
    You may or may not have heard:

Brooke has revealed since her ouster that:

- it took Stephanie 30 about times to hit the target in the Immunity Challenge
    - it took Danni about 4
    - BOTH Stephanie and Judd were urged to switch out, and refused.

But of course we were lead to believe that heroines Stephanie and Danni valiantly took only about 4 tries hit their targets, and that only ape-in-the-jungle Judd refused to admit his shortcomings.

Does anyone else resent this misleading of the facts? I understand editing for storylines, for entertainment value, but at what point do these things becomes LIES?
    I resent it, it's a misrepresentation of what happened. Is MB using it to keep Steph as a fan fave? Looks that way.

What interview was that? On the interview I read Brooke only said that Judd was urged to switch but she did say that Steph took 30 or 40 tries.

Never mind I just saw Stargazers post, I read a different interview.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

If that is the case then they also edited out someone on the other tribe having dificulties, since the competition was so close at the end. Who could that have been?

FORT Fogey
    razor , good point.

They edit this show to tell a story, knowing the outcome. They have the overview when they begin the process. The challenges take too much time as it is. The relevant information, as to who they are as individuals and players, is revealed in the diary talks and plotting around camp. We already know Steph is a fierce competitor, hard headed and major strategist. We didnt need to see her throw 30 times to get the picture.

When all is said and done, we get to know the castaways though the footage they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    If that is the case then they also edited out someone on the other tribe having dificulties, since the competition was so close at the end. Who could that have been?
    Not necessarily, Steph's tribe had a substantial lead after the boat race. Her repeated attempts could have led to the other team catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101
    Not necessarily, Steph's tribe had a substantial lead after the boat race. Her repeated attempts could have led to the other team catching up.
    In fact, I think that's what happened.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast