+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is the Editing going too far this time?

FORT Fogey
    Jenna had minimal competition. Kelly had nothing that even resembled competition. Steph, meanwhile, was not only on a team of losers, but also up against Tom and Ian, who between the two of them won every single challenge.
    Last edited by user name; 10-12-2005 at 02:29 AM.

Very interesting stats, Shady...Mr. Probst, would you like to withdraw your remarks re: the strongest female survivor ever?
    meh...

In order for the ranking based on the "stats" to be somewhat accurate and equally fair, the number of individual immunity challenges each of them participated in would have to be equal. Stephanie only participated in 1 or was it 2 Individual Immunity challenges. So granted she's 0 for 2 or 1 for 3 if you count the fire starter as an indiv immunity, but the comparison and ranking is skewed if all did not have the opportunity to participate in an equal number of challenges.

I think Jeff's comment was based on the fact that Steph was considered to be the strongest on her previous tribe and one of the reasons she was booted after she merged was to deny a potential physical threat like her her the opportunity to win individual immunities.

Also ... as for the editing ... has anyone considered that Steph wouldn't switch out and took multiple, time-consuming, unsuccessful throws because she wanted Yaxha' to catch-up ? It's entirely possible that it was strategic, as she realized they could flip Judd or maybe already had flipped him, and so she was actually working toward her own strategic goal(s) of having the majority tribal alliance on the new Nakum ?

About Brooke ... if she wanted to have some control over the outcome, why wasn't SHE the first one up throwing those things ? She left it up to Steph, then Judd ... and ya' snooze ya' lose so ... my opinion is she got triple o'd by Stephanie and is just a sore loser.
    Last edited by echo226; 10-12-2005 at 03:08 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Snoozin' on the beach
    no matter how you look at it the fire starting thing against BJ is not a challange at all. It certainly wasn't any kind of team challange as it was head to head but it wasn't individual either because she did not compete against the 7 other people out there that are in the game. She only went against BJ. If she's not competing against the others in any way, its just not a challenge.

Jeffs comment was "probably the strongest woman ever to play the game" and so have many of the posters here. Nothing about just the season or any of that other stuff. Sorry but people have been saying she is the strongest and most competitive woman to ever play the game when in truth she is at the bottom of the pile after the merge. I'm checking stats to see if she has a leg to stand on.I counted stats from the merge on. At that point, you get yourself to the merge, its all on your shoulders how well you do. No one to blame it on but you so you better put your money where your mouth is. If someone is stronger, smarter or more competitive, they will get themselves further plain and simple. Some have gotten farther with less or no wins than others while some have had huge numbers. It's not " the strongest and most competitive women survivor, up to episode 8". I'm gonna get the numbers up there so everyone can compare how people did against everyone else
    Last edited by Shady64; 10-12-2005 at 10:55 AM.

Maybe Jeff just meant she has the physical strength, i.e. best body

Jeff's comment was not "probably the strongest female to ever play survivor". it was " arguably the strongest female to ever play survivor", so argue away!!

FORT Newbie
    Is it possible that when Jeff called Steph "arguably the strongest woman to ever play this game" he was talking in terms of literal - ability to lift stuff - strength? That's the only way it makes sense IMO, because any wider interpretation would of course be highly, highly debatable.

Steph is indeed physically powerful:

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by user name
    In fairness to Steph, she's been on some lousy teams, and her newest team is probably the worst yet. Still, she hasn't shown she's particularly a physical or mental threat either, which is why I didn't understand their reasoning for booting her last season.
    Nakum seemed to be doing just fine in the winning department until she was switched over there. I'd really be curious if she was switched back to Yakha is they'd start losing all over again.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Nakum seemed to be doing just fine in the winning department until she was switched over there. I'd really be curious if she was switched back to Yakha is they'd start losing all over again.
    They really built a mountain out of a molehill with Steph. Sure she's athletic but so have many others been. She's in shape, i'll give her that, again so have many others been over the years. Lifting as in strength? She woldn't even be the strongest in that catagory either, that might even go to Sue Hawk (she's one scary woman). They built Stephup as a fan favorite to attract attention but she really couldn't back it up at all. Kind of a jack of all trades but master of none as far as the game goes. Mediocre ability and zero mental game. What's most amazing is there are women that played that are almost twice her age and less athletic that did so much better than her. You don't get that far unless you know what your doing or have something going for you in most cases.

It's funny the excuses isn't it? Steph had the toughest people to play against while other women that did better than her had wimpy competiton. LOL There's always some other explanation why she has done so bad and so many others have done so good. They aren't better or smarter or more determined than her its just luck of the draw, lousy team mates, tough competion, there was an earthqauke, the dog ate my homework and its a conspiracy!! I think she would do much better if she just admited to herself that she really isn't all that great as she thinks she is. I think that's why she keeps losing among other things. It doesn't enter her mind that Danni or Cindy or anyone else really is a better, more skilled player. Therefore she grasps at any excuse to explain away the loss instead of seeing what's really wrong and try to adapt to weakness and find a different way to win.

FORT Fogey
    Steph is the biggest story line they have right now. The editors always go for the best footage and she is providing it. We have a history with her so it is the obvious choice. Often it takes a few weeks before much happens.

They also know who wins and what they choose to show are clues. I do not fault the editing at all! It would be a dull show if they focused on exactly how each challenge went. They are telling a story and I am happy to watch it.

+ Reply to Thread