+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the Next Survivor: 10/13

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

On the Next Survivor: 10/13

When pounding rain takes its toll on a tribe, one member voices frustrations by calling out some of the others.

An incredible Reward is won after one castaway blazes through the Challenge.

One self-absorbed Survivor annoys the tribe with endless stories of a glamorous life beyond Survivor.
    Not really sure on the first two. Considering how I think Judd has lacked more than helped in some of the challenges (especially last night's) I wonder if he'll try to make up for it next week. It could also be someone like Margaret, Rafe, or Lydia.

I'm guessing the last one has to do with Stephenie (hence the part where we saw Lydia acting all wacky. Those who said she was probably imitating her may be right). I guess Lydia's admiration of Steph was short lived. I just wonder if some of those hoping there's a lot to gain famewise from Survivor get talking to Steph about what opportunites she had since coming home and what it was like being in the limelight. I would find it pretty funny if it is in fact Steph and the producers are referring to her as "self absorbed" Maybe they're trying to turn her into the anti-Rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Not really sure on the first two. Considering how I think Judd has lacked more than helped in some of the challenges (especially last night's) I wonder if he'll try to make up for it next week. It could also be someone like Margaret, Rafe, or Lydia.

I'm guessing the last one has to do with Stephenie (hence the part where we saw Lydia acting all wacky. Those who said she was probably imitating her may be right). I guess Lydia's admiration of Steph was short lived. I just wonder if some of those hoping there's a lot to gain famewise from Survivor get talking to Steph about what opportunites she had since coming home and what it was like being in the limelight. I would find it pretty funny if it is in fact Steph and the producers are referring to her as "self absorbed" Maybe they're trying to turn her into the anti-Rupert.

Lydia doesn't have a lot of people to make fun of, I can't see it being Margeret (nurse) or Cindy (zookeeper), so unless it was something that happened at a challenge, I would think it is Steph.

When pounding rain takes its toll on a tribe, one member voices frustrations by calling out some of the others.
    Under normal circumstances, the only likely candidate for "frustration-voicing" is Judd. We've seen him complain about other things before, so this wouldn't be a first. However, I think this actually refers to Margaret calling Judd out on his betrayal at the previous tribal council.

An incredible Reward is won after one castaway blazes through the Challenge.
    Well, there are 2 challenges that have been show so far in the Episode 5 promos:

and

The first one shows Gary, Bobby Jon, and Blake attempting to catch something in a bag-type thing. I suppose you could "blaze though" this challenge if you were the one throwing/launching whatever it is they're catching, but the second challenge pick seems much more likely. In it, we see Bobby Jon, Brian (?), and Danni (?) sliding down a track in a sled-type thing. If one tribe member is in charge of directing the sled down the track, than it seems that that person could be described as "blazing though" the challenge if they guide the sled well.

One self-absorbed Survivor annoys the tribe with endless stories of a glamorous life beyond Survivor.
    Well, there aren't many castaways that have much to talk about beyond their Survivor experience. Gary has his pro football past, but we know he's not going to be bragging about that any time soon. Brian is any Ivy League graduate, and so I suppose we could see him bragging about that accomplishment. However, the most obvious choice is the one that has already been suggested: Stephenie. She talks about her fame since Survivor, and Lydia mimics her playfully. The fact that this is highlighted in the promos worries me about the excitement value of the upcoming episode.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I thiink it wil be Margaret voicing the frustration. Go back 2 episodes when she was telling the guys how to set up the tarp, remember? They had it like a circus tent, just the right kind of setup for rain to catch in the valley folds of the tarp and break through, getting everyone wet. I can see Margaret bitching about it to Judd and she better be careful it doesn't paint a target on her back.

I don't know about the other 2 though. The "self absorbed" fits Steph to a T and that's why I don't think it's going to be her. It looks like classic misdirection from MB. They'd never make it so obvious, just make everyone think it's going to be Steph when It's really someone else. Keep the viewers guessing.

From a CBS press release:
    THE WINNERS OF THE REWARD CHALLENGE RECEIVE A CROCODILE-PROOF POOL, ON "SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA -- THE MAYA EMPIRE," THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13
    "Crocs, Cowboys and City Slickers" -- The winners of the Reward Challenge receive a crocodile-proof pool, on SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA -- THE MAYA EMPIRE, Thursday, Oct. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

When host Jeff Probst tells the castaways that the winning team will have a crocodile-proof swimming pool delivered to their camp (along with chips, dip and margaritas), such an incentive inspires one castaway to blaze through the competition. The pounding rain takes its toll on the tribes and causes one castaway to voice their frustration and demand that people "Step Up!" One self-absorbed castaway annoys tribe members with endless stories of a glamorous life.

And, the fifth member is voted out of the tribe.
    I guess the croc-proof pool is the "incredible reward"? Or is it the margaritas?

I just don't see Steph as yammering on with stories about a "glamorous life"...Blake or Brian perhaps?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm thinking it might even be Danni. I really like her so far but she is a former pageant contestant and a sports radio personality. We haven't heard her talk much other than about Gary being a former quarterback so maybe she's more obnoxious than I think.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I'm thinking it might even be Danni. I really like her so far but she is a former pageant contestant and a sports radio personality. We haven't heard her talk much other than about Gary being a former quarterback so maybe she's more obnoxious than I think.
    I would agree with you on this one Mariner...I think it could be Danni rather than Stephenie. Something about Danni rubs me the wrong way...can't quite put my finger on it tho.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

True, she could start bragging about the famous people she's met or the perks that come with her job. I never thought of her as a possibility, but I don't really like her, she just rubs me the wrong way for some reason, so I'm fine with her being the "queen." Although, Lydia hasn't had much interaction with her, so I don't know

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    True, she could start bragging about the famous people she's met or the perks that come with her job. I never thought of her as a possibility, but I don't really like her, she just rubs me the wrong way for some reason, so I'm fine with her being the "queen." Although, Lydia hasn't had much interaction with her, so I don't know
    But her and Lydia aren't on the same tribe, and it's doubtful she'd have the opportunity during a challenge to go on and on about that. So it sounds more like someone within the tribe. Steph may be too obvious, although I'm still going to say it's her. I would say maybe Cindy going on and on about working with her animals and stuff, but I don't think she'd get to the point where Lydia's mocking her like that.

I doubt it's Danni, it is probably going to be one of the men! True Danni is a pageant winner, sports-broadcaster and int'l model who is likely on her way to ESPN or otherwise, but she is and always will be a nice, down to earth, girl from my hometown in Kansas. The girls head is no bigger than her body and she's tough as hell. I hope she wins! BTW-did anyone know Danni was featured in her ex-husbands, Wade Hayes, music video back in '99? It's called "Tore Up From the Floor Up". I've looked all over for this video, can't believe it hasn't surfaced yet considering she's a favorite. If anyone can find a link or whatever, please share!!!! Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast