+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 10/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I found a transcript of some of it. I'll post it in a new thread.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Snoozin' on the beach
    Thanks for posting it Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    Someone mentioned throwing competitions last night and then again a couple pages back, and that really becomes a smart strategy at this point. Each team consists of a 4-3 majority now, with one team having more Yaxha members and one team having more Nakum members. If you're in the majority, you want to lose because if you win, you send your old tribemates to the wolves, whereas if you lose, you just pick off the enemy.

Btw, was Cindy on this episode?
    Yes, but all I remember is asking whether she was on the show before.

He needs to stick to one alliance rather than switching back and forth (like Rob in the Amazon) lest it catch up with him.
    Rob was quite possibly the best player we've ever seen (if only he could win an immunity), and it was that which got him booted out of the game when it came down to the final three (since Jenna knew she sucked). He had a ridiculous hot streak where he voted for every single person who was eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    Rob was quite possibly the best player we've ever seen (if only he could win an immunity), and it was that which got him booted out of the game when it came down to the final three (since Jenna knew she sucked). He had a ridiculous hot streak where he voted for every single person who was eliminated.
    So...tempted...to...rant...Mus t...calm...myself...

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    Someone mentioned throwing competitions last night and then again a couple pages back, and that really becomes a smart strategy at this point. Each team consists of a 4-3 majority now, with one team having more Yaxha members and one team having more Nakum members. If you're in the majority, you want to lose because if you win, you send your old tribemates to the wolves, whereas if you lose, you just pick off the enemy.
    Throwing challenges is a clear good move for the majority of either tribe right now. However, Survivor history has shown us that tribes just don't like to throw challenges. Sometimes it's done wisely (Africa), but I think instances like Drake in Pearl Islands have scared every future tribe of throwing a challenge, lest their tribal council plans go awry. If anybody suggests throwing a challenge in the next episode, you can expect them to quickly become my favorite. Chances are that it won't happen. People are terrified of being voted out, and this can and will cloud their judgement when it comes to making plans that will benefit them in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer

I don't think Judd switching sides was a bad idea. However, i would have insisted on started with a weak member from the other team. If I were going to openly switch alliances, I'd want more out of it than a free pass at the next few tribal councils. When they approached him, he should have said, "That sounds like a great plan. Make it work as well for me as it does for you and we'll talk."
    Insisted ? Nah ... he couldn't have insisted as each team had equal members/equal "clout" ... and it would have reached an impasse and resulted in a 4-4 tie. Had Brooke lost the tiebreaker, Judd would have been in double jeopardy. He'd be one of the "minority" and Marg and Cin would be campaigning to have him as the first leftover booted. Since he'd have "insisted" things be his way the majority team ... Steph and crew ... might consider him dispensable. If Lydia had lost the tiebreaker, he'd be in the same position next week anyway.

As it stands, the former Nakums that are now Yaxha's ... may not think Judd's an ass, and may actually approve of this perceived 'disloyalty' by Judd. They ... the men that is, didn't much like these women either ... and there are many ways Judd can explain it away and they will likely believe Judd over any of the others now known as Nakums.

Now ...

should we call these scrambled tribes

YAXUM and NAKHA ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Back to the question of what was never seen before...could it be Steph losing so many challenges? I wasn't convinced by the other suggestions. Or was this the earliest swap ever?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Back to the question of what was never seen before...could it be Steph losing so many challenges? I wasn't convinced by the other suggestions. Or was this the earliest swap ever?
    No, the swap in Marquesas occured this early. The other tribal swaps I think happened during the fifth episode. Unless it was the fact that the RC wasn't an official RC, that's the only thing that makes sense is Steph's losing streak. I've known the producers often spin things before to build it up, but this is the first time when they've said something was going to happen (especially the first time) and it never did

FORT Fogey
    I do believe Steph is being edited favorably. However, I don't believe it's so favorably that in reality she's a complete incompetent and not a valuable participant in the competitions. She always ends up on a tribe of misfits that can't get it together, part of which may well be her fault. This swap has created possibly the worst tribe ever, while making the other tribe even stronger than it was before. She's paired up with Judd (probably fairly strong but lacks endurance or brains), Lydia (I like her, but she can't win a challenge to save her life), Cindy (who?), Margaret (the tribe mom), Rafe (arguably the weakest person left physically), and Jamie (who will contribute fairly well to the challenges, but apparently not much at camp). Meanwhile, the opposing tribe has a good "male-tosterone" thing going, Danni, and Brian should they need brains. Now that they've recovered from their vomiting, they're one of the better tribes. Not a good matchup. Of course, in this game, it is anyone's game depending on the challenges and whatever luck may happen (i.e. an injury or fall).

Insisted ? Nah ... he couldn't have insisted as each team had equal members/equal "clout" ... and it would have reached an impasse and resulted in a 4-4 tie. Had Brooke lost the tiebreaker, Judd would have been in double jeopardy. He'd be one of the "minority" and Marg and Cin would be campaigning to have him as the first leftover booted. Since he'd have "insisted" things be his way the majority team ... Steph and crew ... might consider him dispensable. If Lydia had lost the tiebreaker, he'd be in the same position next week anyway.
    Agreed. Judd was faced with a difficult decision in which he didn't really have an appealing choice, but I think he made the right move, one which may well have furthered how long he stays in the game (I can't see him winning it, though).

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    I don't think it was Stephanie's challenge loss record as that (in my opinion) doesn't really fit the "something that's never happened before" promo hype. Steph's record has sort of been happening all along.

Just a few other thoughts/suggestions.

-- It was a different sort of Tribal Reward Challenge as ALL of the players on BOTH tribes received some type of reward. Some as individuals (apples, showers, picnic) and both camps got fruit.

-- Has there been a previous Tribal RC where the tribes didn't compete against each other for the reward and they just gave them stuff ?

-- I can't recall all the swaps ... so ... was this the first time the tribes were swapped as part of a Reward Challenge ?

-- It also was a backhanded reward as it was all a tricky device to facilitate the swap. Sort of a "one hand giveth and the other hand taketh away" kind of 'reward'.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

How much fun would it be if they switched the teams after each reward challenge? Would the alliance strategy have to be modified or thrown out? It would certainly throw people off balance and have them scrambling for power and opportunities. Would it be fair? Hey, this is Survivor... there is no "fairness" or "deserves to win" to be found here, folks.

While it might make it difficult to know what to call the ever changing teams, I think this would be hysterically funny to see!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread