+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 10/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    Then how long will she last? NOW is the time for her to make her move. Not when she's merging with players who are stronger than her.
    She'll always be one of the weakest players no matter what. With her current situation, she's at the bottom, and if she turned, she'd be on the bottom (but also a traitor). I don't think turning is necessarily a bad move, but she's not helping her odds any by doing it. Judd's pretty much in her same boat, though I think his odds have improved by turning. They'd rather have him than Lydia, and Steph and Jamie don't trust each other beyond this current numbers game.

Snoozin' on the beach
    He actually could have played both sides successfully if he did it right. Vote off Lydia but let Jamie, Steph and Rafe know he is on their side and Brook would be the next to go if they lost again. He'd have the 3 girls thinking he sided with Nakum but he secretly sided with Yaxha and he would still be in the majority either way if they lost again. Of course it's always tricky and he could deny it to the Nakum women saying they made it up just to target him next. After all he DID vote for Lydia, doesn't that probe he is still with Nakum? If he could pull it off he could flip any which way at the last minute and still be in the majority as long as he didn't get caught at it.

It's always tricky to play both sides but it gives you more options to last longer and target others. I don't think Judd is smart enough to make it believable though. There seems to be a history of the flipper/swing vote always getting caught by both tribes and becomes target for everyone to go after ala Dolly
    Last edited by Shady64; 10-06-2005 at 11:22 PM.

He's the odd man out with better chances at solidifying himself with the others. As I said, he could easily manage to swing his tribemates against Rafe, Stephenie, Jamie, or Lydia, each for different reasons. Would Judd have been able to convince two of the three Nakum women to vote the other out? Doubtful. The difference is huge--he's low rung on the totem pole, but with a good shot at climbing the ranks.

As for the initial tribes having an effect later on, I'm not so sure it's going to happen. The tribes have been shaken up already, without many people (from what we've seen) forming solid alliances. I don't think someone like Stephenie is going to care much about the unity of the former tribe she was a part of, and I think it'd likely be the same across the board. Come the merge it might play a small part, but I think people will likely be playing a more individual game, identifying and removing threats, etc. I don't see this group as a rah-rah-rah, let's go [tribe name] type. Well, maybe Rafe and Brian.

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Are you talking about broken tiles? Yes, Steph broke a tile. She went first and didn't take all that long to do so (although it was the closest one).
    No, I was talking about the basketball game last week that Shady was wondering about.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Imp
    He's the odd man out with better chances at solidifying himself with the others. As I said, he could easily manage to swing his tribemates against Rafe, Stephenie, Jamie, or Lydia, each for different reasons. Would Judd have been able to convince two of the three Nakum women to vote the other out? Doubtful. The difference is huge--he's low rung on the totem pole, but with a good shot at climbing the ranks.

As for the initial tribes having an effect later on, I'm not so sure it's going to happen. The tribes have been shaken up already, without many people (from what we've seen) forming solid alliances. I don't think someone like Stephenie is going to care much about the unity of the former tribe she was a part of, and I think it'd likely be the same across the board. Come the merge it might play a small part, but I think people will likely be playing a more individual game, identifying and removing threats, etc. I don't see this group as a rah-rah-rah, let's go [tribe name] type. Well, maybe Rafe and Brian.
    We'll have to see how it plays out, but I think he sealed his fate. I foresee the weaker members (Margaret, Cindy, Lydia and Rafe) having an epiphany and deciding to take out the "stronger" players.

There seems to be a history of the flipper always getting caught by bothj tribes and becasue a target for everyone to go after ala Dolly
    That's generally if you come off as indecisive (therefore unreliable) or let the power of the swing vote go to your head. I think Judd played the role well enough.

And I don't think he'd have stood a chance making amends with Stephenie, Jamie, and Rafe had he said, "Not this time, but next time, I'm with you". He'd have screwed himself and set himself apart in the aforementioned way. A flip has to be ninja-smooth. You can't let something like that piece of information hang in the air for three more days--you'd get burned for sure.

I think Jamie missed a huge opportunity to take out Stephanie. If he was smart, he would have jumped sides. He could have explained it to the remaining members that if someone was going to go it should be someone who already had their shot at winning Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by captain
    So what was the "never seen before" I must have missed it
    I think it was when the fish nibbled on one of the guy's toes as he lay at the water's edge.

OR it could have been when Judd switched his alliance.

OR it could have been the scintillating conversation about it being too hot to move.

/sarcasm

Jeff P says that Stephenie has only won four out of the twenty-one challenges of both Palau & Guatemela. Poor Step!
    Judd I think cost them the challenge. If he would had handed off to a more stronger member, they would have had immunity. At least the tribes now have two people gone each. IMO, that's fair.
    Happy New Year 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    So all of the posters and spoilers were not even close in their predictions. Blake who was predicited to go was not even on the losing tribe lol
    LOL, her name started with a B, that's close!

Judd went with his gut and I think he made the right choice. But time will tell. As far as Judd not being good in challenges, he pretty much won the mud bungie challenge all by himself. In gaming terms, I would give him a high wisdom/low intelligence rating. He seems to make the right choices, playing possum in the mud challenge, picking people he seems to get along with vs. a group of three women who only have a use for him with his vote. Once they didn't need his vote they would have voted him out in a heartbeat. So I don't think he traded down. I don't think Steph et al will boot him until they have to cannibleize their own. So he has a good shot at making it to the merge which is what everyone should be playing for at this stage.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread