+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 330

Thread: 10/6 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

  1. #251
    "Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I didn't tape it so I can't go back and review it but I thought Brian, Rafe and Steph scored one each. Am I remembering it wrong? Anyone have it on tape?
    Brian, Rafe, and Jamie each scored. Stephanie didn't.

  2. #252
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Imp
    Judd did the absolute best move he could have made, and upped his chances of making it farther in the game. ]
    I don't know about anyone else, but I never said that Judd wasn't making a smart move for himself. He may very well have. Its the weaker players that didn't play very smart by not banding together.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  3. #253
    FORT Regular Green Imp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I don't know about anyone else, but I never said that Judd wasn't making a smart move for himself. He may very well have. Its the weaker players that didn't play very smart by not banding together.
    It was in response to the several "Judd is stupid" posts. Just my own opinion, of course.

  4. #254
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606
    But if Yakha loses a challenge next week, they'll have the majority at TC, and if no one from Nakum backstabs, then someone from Yakha will be going home. Meaning Nakum will have the majority. So for now yes, Judd does have the majority. But I don't think anyone at Yakha is as stupid as Judd and will get rid of him ASAP. Time will tell whether it was smart or not or what kind of fall out comes from it. I just don't like anyone from Yakha, so of course I'm a little miffed that Judd has increased their chances of dominating the game.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-06-2005 at 10:40 PM.

  5. #255
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by dustparticle05
    Brian, Rafe, and Jamie each scored. Stephanie didn't.
    Are you talking about broken tiles? Yes, Steph broke a tile. She went first and didn't take all that long to do so (although it was the closest one).

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  6. #256
    Snoozin' on the beach
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,918
    I think it was stupid of him because he just alienated himself fromn 3 people that would keep him in the majority for sure. It's plain as day that Steph and Jamie want Judd to sacrifice one of his own. They would rather keep their own weaker member than make the tribe stronger to avoid TC. They aren't interested in staying strong for anyones sake but Yaxhz tribemates. The old Yaxha now have the majority whether Judd is a part of them or not. Why do they need him now? He will also be a threat to Steph and Jamie ( in the long haul) once the others are gone. A tougher threat to beat than Lydia, Brook or Rafe. He really has served his usefulness for this one episode only. No reason to keep him around now. For all we know, they can turn on him next episode and there isn't a damn thing he can do to save himself. Will Cindy or Margaret help him to stick around if he turns to them to save his own butt? No way.

  7. #257
    FORT Regular Green Imp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I think it was stupid of him because he just alienated himself fromn 3 people that would keep him in the majority for sure. It's plain as day that Steph and Jamie want Judd to sacrifice one of his own. They would rather keep their own weaker member than make the tribe stronger to avoid TC. They aren't interested in staying strong for anyones sake but Yaxhz tribemates. The old Yaxha now have the majority whether Judd is a part of them or not. Why do they need him now? He will also be a threat to Steph and Jamie ( in the long haul) once the others are gone. A tougher threat to beat than Lydia, Brook or Rafe. He really has served his usefulness for this one episode only. No reason to keep him around now. For all we know, they can turn on him next episode and there isn't a damn thing he can do to save himself. Will Cindy or Margaret help him to stick around if he turns to them to save his own butt? No way.
    You could make that same arguement had he stayed with his original Nakum women. That's the thing with choosing a side in a swing-vote situation. Point is, he's probably better off with Rafe, Lydia, Jamie, and Stephenie, who he can connect with and possibly ingratiate himself to. He wasn't exactly close to his old tribe.


    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Are you talking about broken tiles? Yes, Steph broke a tile. She went first and didn't take all that long to do so (although it was the closest one).
    Dust was talking about the Maya courtball challenge last episode.
    Last edited by Green Imp; 10-06-2005 at 11:09 PM.

  8. #258
    FORT Fogey realityfan101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Imp
    You could make that same arguement had he stayed with his original Nakum women. That's the thing with choosing a side in a swing-vote situation. Point is, he's probably better off with Rafe, Lydia, Jamie, and Stephenie, who he can connect with and possibly ingratiate himself to. He wasn't exactly close to his old tribe.
    It was stupid because he didn't improve his position with his decision, he's still the odd man out. He may have possibly made it worse, if he makes it to the merge his former teammates will view him as a turncoat.

  9. #259
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606
    But what about the rest of the Nakumers over at Yakha? I'm sure Judd will have alienated himself from them, except maybe Brandon. Steph seems to make the same mistakes she made last season, and the same mistake the guys made in Vanuatu; getting rid of the weak and playing an individual game too early (which is what I think they're doing). Judd hasn't proven himself to be worthy of keeping around, because he really isn't all the beneficial in the challenges. Brooke would have been better to have around. But it's a number's game, and I don't think Judd is going to benefit. Maybe not with staying with Nakum, but I don't think he's going to make it all that far with Yakha.

  10. #260
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101
    It was stupid because he didn't improve his position with his decision, he's still be odd man out. He may have possibly made it worse, if he makes it to the merge his former teammates will view him as a turncoat.
    But there's an old tradition on this show of playing the middle. Arguably he lost most Nakum friends on both tribes, but he's opened up the possibility of being a swing vote when the Yaxha remnants eventually have to go to war with each other. It's a calculated gamble, but people have advanced this way.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.