+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands
    Hope this isn't turning into the Steph show. I've had it up to here with the Romber type media whores. Please, enough of old faces give me a new face old, young, beautiful, handsome or ugly, I don't care as long as I haven't seen that face before.

As much as I love Bobby Jon and was happy to see him back.. because if anyone didnt get a fair shake in this show it would be him. At least he hasnt been on screen that much.. Steph has been overly whiny and i think sadly needs to go home! I didnt see her or him going far because of the simple fact ppl always have it in for people who have been there done this before. She needs to come to grips with the simple fact she is not the Be All End All of this game or tribe.

Hope this isn't turning into the Steph show.
    I'm afraid it is, too. I was looking through the pics at CBS and a lot of them were of Steph or had her in them. Come on, CBS...she's not the only one playing! Especially since I went looking for pics of Bobby Jon, Blake, and Brandon....

I think if they don't back off all the Steph coverage, it's going to backfire on them...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Well said Shady64. Steph has shown once more that arrogance just does not look good on anyone. She can always blame the "turning of the tide", popularity wise, on we the public being fickle. That and editing ofcoarse, let's not forget the editing.

Bobby Jon, on the other hand, is humble as ever. Yes, IMO, even with regard to Margaret Nightengale and the tent "incident". I'd say she's on the arrogant side herself. Hope at least she goes over to Yaxha, she's the only one I wouldn't miss. She reminds me alot of Caryn from Palau though, so I have a bias against her...but it's still mainly her.

Is anyone else put off by Margaret?

oh good grief
    Last edited by lopevian; 10-02-2005 at 06:28 PM.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Especially since I went looking for pics of Bobby Jon, Blake, and Brandon....

(me too )

still don't have the "quote" down. The above was a quote of Waywyrd's.
    Last edited by lopevian; 10-02-2005 at 06:26 PM.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by rupertshoney
    I don't know what a pick is but I thought I heard Steph trying to explain to the girls what it was. I'm pretty sure she did, but Jeff told them they didn't get rest time or something like that. My question is, if she wanted to do somethink like that then when they were waiting for their turns they should've been talking strategy there.
    At first I thought the exact same thing. Why the heck wasn't Steph explaining to the girls what a pick was before they got up to go on and play, maybe she just assumed they would know(I had no idea and still don't). I think they were just interested in watching and cheering there team on and didn't huddle for a strategy talk.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    Well said Shady64. Steph has shown once more that arrogance just does not look good on anyone. She can always blame the "turning of the tide", popularity wise, on we the public being fickle. That and editing ofcoarse, let's not forget the editing.

Bobby Jon, on the other hand, is humble as ever. Yes, IMO, even with regard to Margaret Nightengale and the tent "incident". I'd say she's on the arrogant side herself. Hope at least she goes over to Yaxha, she's the only one I wouldn't miss. She reminds me alot of Caryn from Palau though, so I have a bias against her...but it's still mainly her.

Is anyone else put off by Margaret?

oh good grief
    Between Steph and Bobby Jon, I'd rather see BJ go farther but they need a female "rupert" and it appears Steph is it. Hmm another tribal switch, seems to be getting the "rupert" treatment, i.e. try to give her as many opportunities to win or cash in big...got to protect their little "ratings generator". I didn't like her on Palau and I don't like her now. I think she's all talk. It's very telling while on Palau she went on and on about what a strong competitor she is and she is not used to losing and yet when she went head to head with Tom, she threw in the towel. It sure looks like she is a strong competitor as long as she is competing against someone she thinks is weaker than her or has a sure thing win before the contest even starts. But go against her equal or her better and she folds like a house of cards. She played the blame game all the way through Palau and even when she lost to Tom, It wasn't "I couldn't do it" or "I wanted the food more", it was "Tom was never going to get off that stump, he was going to stay there all day". How dare Tom not show weakness and let her win it! I'm sure if I was in her spot, Tom would outlast me too but I'll be damned if I'm just gonna hand it to him because he's tougher than me.

A true competitor is not giving up even though you know you don't stand much of a chance or no chance at all.
    Last edited by Shady64; 10-02-2005 at 08:44 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Hope this isn't turning into the Steph show. I've had it up to here with the Romber type media whores. Please, enough of old faces give me a new face old, young, beautiful, handsome or ugly, I don't care as long as I haven't seen that face before.

and Shady64

FEMALE RUPPERT??? Tha's a great one

I liked Stephenie on Palau, but I agree there are other interesting people on the show this season- let's get to spend more time getting to know them! More Rafe!!! More Danni!!! More Margaret!!! More Brandon!!! More Blake!!! More Lydia!!! More Amy (she cracked me up this week- why didn't they show her talking at ALL the first two episodes?)!!!

I'd like to see Steph & Bobby Jon voted out just so we can spend more time with our new Survivor friends. Morgan, we hardly knew ye...

Also, it seems to me this season is being played more like a pre-Marquesas season on some levels, which is weird seeing as how they seem to be very conscious of the Palau politics. Ya know- there's lots of focus on "pulling weight" and who is capable of physically surviving and contributing to the tribe rather than early alliance politicking.
    Last edited by Aota Bass; 10-02-2005 at 11:39 PM.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fogey
    When teaching how to set a pick in basketball there are other rules you need to worry about and it makes it much harder to explain to someone, but there were no such rules here, and Steph should have had no problem explaining it to the others while they were on the sidelines. Steph is just not a team player and she's proven that over and over. A team player looks at themselves and says "what can I do to improve my team and get us working harder together?" - then steps up and inspires and encourages her teammates - while a selfish player starts to whine about how this person or that person is just not as good as they are and shouldn't be on the court/field/track with them. Steph sounds just like many of the 3rd and 4th graders I coached over the years, but they were 9 and 10 years old, what's her excuse?

My reaction to Stephanie's is to sympathize with her.

'Losing, losing, NOT AGAIN' is what she must be feeling, and it's clearly forcing a crack in the facade of pleasantness she shows her fellow competitors.

Survivor is all about that facade of pleasantness, or at least of being likeable. Or respected.

Geez I'd be thrown out in round one

+ Reply to Thread