+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I have to agree with the main gist of your post, Shady. I was a big Stephenie fan until she jumped off her post to get the pizza. Everything could have been riding on her decision and she just gave up. I was so disappointed in her. She might be competitive as long as its something that comes easy to her (like sports). However, when she really needed to buckle down and do something that required a little grit, she caved instantly.

There are people that refused to give up on Survivor despite pain, sickness, depression, and a thousand other things. Those people would have stayed on that pole until they passed out. Stephenie's determination is only skin deep. :nono
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie
    The only reason Danni got that goal in was because she had the advantage of being so much taller than Steph.
    I don't have the episode recorded, but I thought from watching it at the time that Danni actually made a pretty tough shot - I thought she was falling backwards or close to being on her back when she made that goal?

At any rate, I guess it does seem that perhaps Steph is getting more air time than her tribemates, but on the other hand, whenever they've shown the others speaking I practically fall asleep.

I was definitely a Stephenie fan from last season, but I hope allowing her and BJ back doesn't set a precedent for future seasons. I think one attempt at the prize is enough, unless you are chosen for an all-star version.

I thought maybe the clips of Brianna during that challenge was just creative negative editing - I mean seriously, could she have stood more still?? - but apparently it wasn't far from accurate, going by how everyone voted. I usually don't care who gets voted out, but last night after watching Brianna, I couldn't have agreed more with the outcome.

Steph was really bugging me with the whole "pick" thing. I've never heard of it either.

I like that you mentioned Ultimate Frisbee.... we're playing that in Phys Ed and i thought it was something he made up!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

*whistles*

I know what a pick is. Steph was trying to get them to run a pick and roll which is a pretty basic basketball play. The fault I find with her was that she didn't just switch from jargon when it was clear Lydia and Brianna didn't know.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Exactly.

Steph is working on my last nerve.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I know what a pick is, but I played basketball.

She could have just said, play close to whoever has the ball and crowd the defenders. Lydia was trying to do that, but she seems so tiny. Brienna, clearly was hanging off to the side hoping for a long pass. It wasn't going to happen like that.

That looked like a very hard game.

Steph is getting a lot of confessional time, makes me wonder if she knows what to say and how to say it that they end up using it. I don't mind her too much this season but she does need to stay more positive.

I'm never really into the show at this point, it seems there are still too many people and I get confused. After a few more TC's then I always start getting really interested.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Everytime I like a team, they lose. I dont know what the pshaw--thats how it sounds and i cant spell it--team is doing wrong to lose so much. The other team seems so have a lot of guys on it who complain, and dont like being told what to do, as was seen when they put up the tarp. It's like you dont dare express an opinion or you are considered too bossy or too controntational. Are there any clear leaders on either team? I havent noticed.

It seems like Gary is clearly the leader on Yaxha. I don't think Nakum has a leader at this point. At least not that we've seen. So being leaderless seems to be working for them a lot better than it did for Ulong in Palau.

Steph annoyed me for the first time ever by expecting everyone to know basketball terminology. OK, Steph, then why didn't you just drop the terminology and just tell them what to do in everyday terms? I've really liked her in both Survivors, but she was putting a lot of people down last night and whining just a little more than she usually does.

Danni DOES have a scary body, and she has a weird upper lip as well. The way her lip curls up, sometimes it looks like she has a mustache. HMMMMMM. She did do very well in that competition and has probably secured herself in that tribe for a while. Until she annoys somebody, that is.

Hope this isn't turning into the Steph show. I've had it up to here with the Romber type media whores. Please, enough of old faces give me a new face old, young, beautiful, handsome or ugly, I don't care as long as I haven't seen that face before.

+ Reply to Thread